Dempsey To Newcastle Yes or No

santiagomn8

with the possible departure of Demba Ba i was thinking why not bring in Dempsey he is capable of playing almost any position up front which would be very valuable for Newcastle and his tenacity and heart he brings will help will this team to continue on what was a pretty successful year and hopefully get us to the champions league...What do you guys think>

He's a great player but we wont be going after him for a few reasons:

-Dempsey has just come off the best season of his career, thus his price will be inflated.

-He's Fulham's best player, and they wont let him go for a cheap price

-With any move he'd be looking for a substantial pay rise, which we would not be willing to offer

-He's 29

-He's not French

I'd love him on the team for the next 3 season, but it wont happen.

The first time I saw him about 7 or 8 years ago, I thought he was the best yank player in history. I still think that, and he's wasted his career, if he was from a country of bigger stature in football, he'd have played for a very big club, he's been wasted at Fulham. He'd be a good addition but he's not coming here.

Don't know about Dempsey but I'd definitely have a go at Makepeace.

gb-038a-600.jpg

:good:

Don't know about Dempsey but I'd definitely have a go at Makepeace.

gb-038a-600.jpg

:good:

That's not a great pic of her neither. 80s people were generally ugly too, she broke the mould, her Fallon off the Colbys, and Joan Collins.

Out of interest, how much do people think he would cost? I agree btw about him being too old for Newcastle to invest in him, despite him being a cracking player.

Not sure about Joan Collins, like Stevie. :lol:

Joan Collins was mint! I love the old Joan Collins line, ye see them oot take them back and they look like Joan Collins, wake up the next day and they look like Phil Collins. We've all been there.

Out of interest, how much do people think he would cost? I agree btw about him being too old for Newcastle to invest in him, despite him being a cracking player.

I reckon £12m +, 60kpw wages off the back of a terrific season.

He's a great player but we wont be going after him for a few reasons:

-Dempsey has just come off the best season of his career, thus his price will be inflated.

-He's Fulham's best player, and they wont let him go for a cheap price

-With any move he'd be looking for a substantial pay rise, which we would not be willing to offer

-He's 29

-He's not French

I'd love him on the team for the next 3 season, but it wont happen.

All of this for me but i will say he's been awesome this season and i'd have him at the Toon in a heartbeat.

The yanks put Donovan up on a pedestal and yet Dempsey is by far their star man.