Watch Dogs

trophyshy

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm off work till monday and I'm tempted to pop out and get it.

Might read a review or two but I'm not sure going straight into another Sandbox/Open City game is a good idea straight after infamous. :huh:

It can be a little generic - arrive at location. Do mission etc etc

Good game - takes a while to get the swing of but it looks nice and plays nice! At first the graphics didn't look great but a couple of hours in and they picked up. Happy so far :up:

You got the PS4 version Tom? I'm still on the PS3 as I've not got the money for a PS4 at the minute, was wondering if it's worth getting on the PS3 or if it would be just better to wait until I eventually get a next gen console. I've not been able to find too much about the differences, obviously I know it will have better graphics on next gen but I'm more concerned with how populated the city still is on PS3 and that sort of thing.

Sounds like it's had a nightmare of a PC launch. Another AAA producer who can't get a launch right, mostly because they seem to have favoured Nvidia graphics cards over AMD, but also because they insist on using that utter POS uPlay. When are these companies going to realise that Steam is an infinitely better platform than whatever they have and stop routing their shitty middleman programs through it?

Or me...

;)

The PS3 version has a lesser population (less cars etc), and no online free roam mode. Other than that I think it's about the same, with slightly poorer graphics. PS4 version here for the record.

I'm impressed with the graphics on the PS4 version but because there's a few inconsistencies, possibly owing to the new platform. Some of the cars look a little poor but others look great etc, same with some of the characters. The main character looks very gritty and real whilst others look like something out of Toy Story - so for a game delayed by umpteen months that's poor form. The environment/weather look awesome so im not sure that will transfer over to ps3. You can tell it's full HD too - although the PC version will be too i suppose.

It's being talked about as one of the first truly 'next gen' games but I can't see why you wont be able to do the majority of things on the PS3 - although I could be wrong. So far, I think Infamous 2 has probably been the biggest leap in graphics/gameplay - although Assasins Creed and FIFA were decent efforts. Though I feel like the latter two and Watchdogs need to get more out of the pad.

Infamous had the pad making noises and you could use it to spray paint etc. Also a couple of times there were police in the area the speaker would have their radio come over it - which had a great effect. This is possibly because it's pretty much a Sony production and they often get the most of 'flagship' games - like Uncharted seemed to push the PS3 to it's limits for quality.

So far it's been worth buying but obviously sactioning the purchase of the console is a bit different because it's not easily ratified.

I think the pad thing is more down to infamous being a ps exclusive, the others are multiplatform and putting in little extras like that would take time and money for, probably, very little benefit on the bottom line once it's out

Cheers MT, had a feeling the depth would be scaled down as well as the graphics. Not too arsed about the graphics since I've never played any of the next gen stuff yet anyway but I might just hold off until I get a PS4 for the density of the map.

You got the PS4 version Tom? I'm still on the PS3 as I've not got the money for a PS4 at the minute, was wondering if it's worth getting on the PS3 or if it would be just better to wait until I eventually get a next gen console. I've not been able to find too much about the differences, obviously I know it will have better graphics on next gen but I'm more concerned with how populated the city still is on PS3 and that sort of thing.

dont get the ps3 version theres a video online showing the graphics comparison between the ps3 and ps4 version and its quite shocking actually.

Ive got it deaders, I think its fine similar to GTA 5 graphics really. I've never played on PS4 and dont have a good pc for gaming so I'm used to the ps3 graphics. Im sure if one of the lads used to the ps4 saw it they'd think it looked shite but I think it looks fine. The only real downside I've noticed is the draw distance, it makes the car chases a pain at times as you can't see too far ahead for the hackable things.