Tattoos

magtastic

I´m so sick and tired of seeing tattoos - they are so ugly and common looking these days.

Some of my thoughts:

Too many average footballers are covered in them. Just watching the football tonight - Richard Dunne for fuck sake what´s that on your left bicep? Real, proper men and decent footballers from the past, eg Shearer, Keegan, Sir Les, even ones I have begrudging respect for e.g. Gerrard, Lampard, didn´t need tattoos. It doesn´t mean you´re hard, Wayne Bridge too what a tosser it makes him look.

Ordinary blokes in the street, it doesn´t make you look hard if you have tattoos. If I were looking to employ someone and had two candidates - one with and one without a tattoo in an obvious place - no chance would I gofor the thug with the tattoo. And if my daughter ever tried to bring someone home with a tattoo I´d tell him to keep his hands off.

Women who get tattoos automatically become complete and utter sluts once they get a tattoo done. Perhaps a generalisation but I reckon the number of tattoos a woman has is in directproportion to the number of sexually transmitted infections they have had in their lifetime. Nothing could be a bigger turn-off than having three stars and a dolphin behind your ear love.

What are your thoughts out there?

I reckon someones been knocked back from a Tattoo place. Or maybe someones step mother beats him with her tattooed fist :lol:

Completely agree about blokes. See Guthrie as another good example.

One subtle one on a lass can be sexy. Full on tramp stamps and anything on the wrist/neck/tit then I think slag.

I can take or leave tattoos some look great some look awful. However if I ever interview someone with a neck tattoo they are not getting the job.

Or someone with them on their face or some weird shit piercings I wouldnt entertain either.

I've always wanted a tattoo, ever since I was 15 or so but to actually go out and get one is something else. The fact that they're with you for life means you've got to really want a certain design that actually means something.

Doubt i'd ever get one done, but you never know. I certainly wouldn't get it anywhere obvious though!

Just like any bloke with a celtic band/chinese symbols/stars/tribal tattoos/olde english writing up their forearm looks fucking ridiculous now they are out of fashion, there are fucking thousands of homs walking the streets at the minute with full sleeves of clouds and angels up their arms :lol: If I was going to copy a tattoo off someone it wouldn't be a bloke who wears a sarong and talks like a lass.

I had my shoulders tattooed years ago and regret it already. Thank fuck I had the sense to get them somewhere hidden!

Just like any bloke with a celtic band/chinese symbols/stars/tribal tattoos/olde english writing up their forearm looks fucking ridiculous now they are out of fashion, there are fucking thousands of homs walking the streets at the minute with full sleeves of clouds and angels up their arms :lol: If I was going to copy a tattoo off someone it wouldn't be a bloke who wears a sarong and talks like a lass.

I had my shoulders tattooed years ago and regret it already. Thank fuck I had the sense to get them somewhere hidden!

What did you get done? The budweiser logo and a cannabis leaf? ;)

You're bang on about nobs with hipster tattoos, what's the point when they mean absolutely nowt? Imagine being 45 and having full on angels and hearts sleeves ffs. :lol: Almost always combined with gigantic flesh tunnel earrings that look absurd. I don't understand the appeal of having huge gaps in your earlobes.

I did a fair bit of research into tattooists when I was 18 and found a fair few of the more experienced ones don't tend to do tribal tattoos when it's clear the person asking for them doesn't have a clue what they mean.

My missus has got 4....shes got the eye of Ra on one wrist, some heart thing on the other, some flower design on a lower leg and a cross on one of her feet. When it is pointed out to her that theyre utterly irrelevent to her life as a wage-slave legal secretary, she replies that they mean something to her, are easily hidden and are tasteful, and its hard to argue with any of that, except the last one but thats obviously completely subjective....shes on about getting some sort of inscription in hebrew or fuckin Japanese next, which is where a line may be drawn... :glare:

I have several tattoos. though I think we've been through this a few times on here.

I run my own business, if someone came to me for a job that would involve seeing customers and had any facial/next/hand piercing or tattoo then they would not get the role. If the job was internal with no customer contact then I wouldnt give a shit as it has fuck all to do with their ability to do job.

The sad truth is, people are prejudice of someones intellect and lifestyle etc based on their appearance, which of course is bollocks.

For getting tattoos it has fuck all to do with being "hard". However I would increase the minimum age from 18.

At 18 when I got my first one, yes it meant something to me but I made the one mistake I think many do in that I picked it off the wall. something I now hate. Everything Ive had done since I have worked with the artist to come up with a design. The last one I had done took around 3-4 months to pull together. For me they are personal, I certainly dont get them to show off. If you saw me on a day to day basis you might not know I had any as I dont put them on my forearms.

I like them on women as well but the same rules apply. I was talking to a lass on twitter at the weekend as she was getting one. By the end of the conversation I had put her off it. The reason is because she wanted a bird done on her chest. Personally I think its tacky but I asked her why she wanted a bird. I think I managed to get her to understand that if you get something today based on a picture you like, then in 20 years as taste changes you might not like that any more. Get something that means something. My back is a piece based around my kids. Thats something that will never change. I have an NUFC badge on one calf for example. Its not like Im going to change teams is it? My first one I covered up with another for this very reason and I wish I could have told my younger self to hang the fuck on.

Its artistic and its expressive but it certainly doesnt make you a hard man. It can make you look a twat though if done without thought. But, who gives a fuck. Im more open minded.

What did you get done? The budweiser logo and a cannabis leaf? ;)

2 swallows on my shoulders. Was into the whole hardcore scene at the time and had visions of being covered in old school tattoos and looking like this (minus the hair).

Thankfully I got a fucking clue at that point and grew up

oliver_sykes_by_akira0607-d305dqv.jpg