Tattoos

magtastic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Getting a couple of tattoos done this upcoming week.  Planning on doing an NUFC related one.  For whatever reason I don't want to just do the current crest. Thinking of doing the old style one, though.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Secondarily, which of these was actually used? I've seen them both on varying sites.  The one on the right would be simpler (read: cheaper) to tattoo, but if the one on the left is more accurate to the club's history, it will give me something to think about. 
Newcastle United logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNGnufc-coat-of-arms-1969-1976.jpg

I actually like all the different club crests we’ve had. Although I agree with ewerk’s suggestion and think you should go with the Shearer one 

• Haha 1

I love the modern day re-work someone did on the magpie badge.

It was pointed out when Norwich modernised their badge during the season that NUFC's current crest has been in use for longer than those of any other club. Stands to reason from a marketing perspective it will change at some point. If they went with this, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Could Newcastle Be In For A Crest Update? - SoccerBible

• Like 3

Nah, it'll be really good. Ask for it EXACTLY like the pic above. Go for it Zathras and post a pic of it on here to give us all a good laugh.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 3

Discussing a rebrand, I saw these online and thought they weren't bad.  We'll see when they end up with a new crest, as I'm sure they will in the next few years.

newcastle 8-min.jpgnewcastle 2-min.jpg

Meantime, I will probably go with the 70s crest, but if we win the Champions League I'll get Monkey's Fist's version on the other shoulder.  ;)

Edited by Zathras

On 03/05/2022 at 12:40, Craig said:

I love the modern day re-work someone did on the magpie badge.

It was pointed out when Norwich modernised their badge during the season that NUFC's current crest has been in use for longer than those of any other club. Stands to reason from a marketing perspective it will change at some point. If they went with this, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Could Newcastle Be In For A Crest Update? - SoccerBible

I liked that badge but always thought just having the one magpie was tempting fate with this club