Parker out

Jusoda Kid

Sky sports reporting that Parker will be out for 8 weeks after a Knee Operation today.

This is unfucking believable

Newcastle have suffered another major injury blow with the news that Scott Parker faces up to two months on the sidelines.

The former Chelsea midfielder missed Monday's draw with Middlesbrough and it has now been discovered he is struggling with a knee problem.

Tests have shown the full extent of the knee injury and Parker has already undergone surgery on the problem.

It is expected that the tough-tackling midfielder will be missing for eight weeks with the injury.

The injury is another of a long list of problems to affect Graeme Souness' side.

Michael Owen joined the long-term casualties last week after a breaking a bone in his foot in the 2-0 defeat at Tottenham.

Souness has been unable to field his strongest side this season due to injuries and Parker now joins Owen, Kieron Dyer and Emre on the treatment table at St James' Park.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Just this second turned SSN on and caught the second half of the breaking news ticker saying ...OUT FOR EIGHT WEEKS FOLLOWING KNEE SURGERY

My immediate thought was, which one of ours is that?? :)

The one decent thing Souness did for the club was bring us a decent midfielder... even thats ended in disaster.

one word... gutted

73971[/snapback]

Don't you rate Emre like? :)

Gives Souness even more excuses though doesn't it.

Isegrim keeps mentioning relegation. I'm starting to believe him.

73968[/snapback]

I'm actually quite worried indeed. When I look at the table I don't start at the top anymore but from the bottom. With the injuries I don't think closing the gap to the likes of Bolton and Tottenham is a realistic prospect. There have been other clubs who thought they were too good to go down faced similar situations and from what I have seen in recent games even when we had Owen and Parker in the team I was worried...

Regardless of who is managing the team, but the board has to act and secure that at least on short term a manager has a sufficient number of Premiership players available to his disposal.

Regardless of who is managing the team, but the board has to act and secure that at least on short term a manager has a sufficient number of Premiership players available to his disposal.

73982[/snapback]

Regardless of whether believe they should be at the club or not we have four midfielders who cost us well over 20 million on loan at other clubs...

Nothing like strengthening an already small squad Mr Souness...

73982[/snapback]

Regardless of whether believe they should be at the club or not we have four midfielders who cost us well over 20 million on loan at other clubs...

73984[/snapback]

Viana, Robert, Butt and Milner? Could actually do with all 4 of them now, it's that bad.

Should have kept Ambrose IMO.

With no Emre or Faye it looks like a midfield of N Zogbia and Lee Clark... ;)

73974[/snapback]

Gravesen and Danny Murphy by the end of Jan. [/fingers crossed]

73989[/snapback]

The Evening Gazette is running a story of 5m + Faye and Bowyer for Murphy. :)

The Evening Gazette is running a story of 5m + Faye and Bowyer for Murphy.  :)

73996[/snapback]

I think there's something wrong with their computers, earlier they said Owen was out for 5 months.

The one decent thing Souness did for the club was bring us a decent midfielder... even thats ended in disaster.

one word... gutted

73971[/snapback]

Don't you rate Emre like? :)

73973[/snapback]

Emre's great... ok so he's done two things for the club. But we've definately seen more of Parker this season.

Bet Bowyer is as gutted as we are. Doubt he'll be allowed to leave now. Perhaps we could bring in Ian Durrant as cover though? :)

73975[/snapback]

Doubt that'd stop Souness selling him tbh...

Chelsea midfielder missed Monday's draw with Middlesbrough and it has now been discovered he is struggling with a knee problem.

Parker actually sustained the injury against West Ham last month, but played through the pain barrier against Tottenham last weekend.

Tests have shown the full extent of the knee injury and Parker will be forced to undergo surgery on the problem.

It is expected that the tough-tackling midfielder will be missing for between three and five weeks.

The injury is another of a long list of problems to affect Graeme Souness' side.

Michael Owen joined the long-term casualties last week after a breaking a bone in his foot in the 2-0 defeat at Tottenham.

Souness has been unable to field his strongest side this season due to injuries and Parker now joins Owen, Kieron Dyer and Emre on the treatment table at St James' Park.

73982[/snapback]

73984[/snapback]

Viana, Robert, Butt and Milner? Could actually do with all 4 of them now, it's that bad.

73988[/snapback]

3 OF 3M ARE STILL ON OUR BOOKS!

73982[/snapback]

73984[/snapback]

73988[/snapback]

3 OF 3M ARE STILL ON OUR BOOKS!

74012[/snapback]

All four are, surely? :) Or did I miss a sale?