Dogs.

wolfy

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great when threads like this come along. I can imagine Parky sat in his underground bunker, midway through covering every possible light source with red tape hearing his forum alarm go off so he can sprint over, put his tin foil hat on and start throwing his many theories every couple of posts.

Bet Mrs P has to be really careful. Even a simple: 'I can't find my keys, I could've sworn they were on the dresser' could lead to Parky bursting in screaming: 'CHEMTRAILS?!? THE LIZARD PEOPLE ARE CONTROLLING OUR MINDS THROUGH MY BLACKBERRY!! YOU'RE A GOVERNMENT SPY!!!"

If you think components wouldn't be affected in the vacuum of space then that's fine mate, I won't try and tell you different.

Branson isn't selling trips into space, just higher up in the atmosphere but yes that will be fun to watch.

It's supposed to be the edge of space actually.

Let's see what happens with that eh.

:lol: quality stuff, Parky left scratching his head and in awe tbh.

If you think components wouldn't be affected in the vacuum of space then that's fine mate, I won't try and tell you different.

Branson isn't selling trips into space, just higher up in the atmosphere but yes that will be fun to watch.

It's supposed to be the edge of space actually.

Let's see what happens with that eh.

Explain this.

To be clear: You are stating that the heat energy given off by the sun is different to the heat energy given off by the components of the various satellites orbiting the planet. You're stating it is different but are unable to give any explanation for this.

The problem is, Wolfy, that none of your suppositions or theories stand up to the most layman, reactionary responses, Not one of your assertions hold any water and your basis is as about as flimsy as one can be.

So, I just got wonders of the universe (book) for fathers day. You saying I should bin it?

Also, photos of objects came out long before photoshop ;)

I'm not asking anyone to do anything mate.

If you want to read and look at your universe book, carry on as there will be stars and stuff that's took from observatories and what not.

It just so happens that none have been took from space in my opinion.

The Hubble and everything else supposedly floating around in space are merely what you have been told to accept and most people are happy to accept that and I have no problem with anyone accepting what they are told, it just so happens that I don't.

Here's something for you to check up on if you want, or anyone who's reading this.

Go and find out How many rockets have been launched since satellites were supposedly put into orbit , now this should be easy , with so called space rockets launches.

Bear in mind that all the so called Apollo did not profess to put satellites into space and also a lot of supposed shuttle missions did not put so called satellites into space because they were supposedly either taking up the so called ISS sections.

Sod it, I'll tell you what, add all rocket launches into the equation and let's pretend they all took satellites into space but bear in mind a few little pointers.

1. since so called satellites were launched, they supposedly had a life span of 10/20 years, so we have to add like for like replacements for these so called satellites.

What am I getting at here, I hear you all say..

Well here's the deal.

America and Russia and lately and I mean lately, india, Japan, China and the odd nation has supposedly put them into space, although rarely.

So add up all the rocket launches and you can even exaggerate a little bit on how many rockets have been sent up since the 60s.

Once you have done that, I then want you to have a nosey into how many satellites have been put into space since then and see if the maths add up.

If you don't want to look it up, that's fine but I'm simply saying, if you're interested, it might be worth looking at.

A lot of the satellites owned by private companies aren't launched by rockets, but are launched from B52s at high altitude.

You're still to explain why innumerate organisations and governments would lie about it, when there are easier ways of taxing the people (which you've stated is the main reason for the myth of space flight)

I see at least 22,000 rocket launches.

There are, allegedly, around 3000 satellites in orbit.

He's right... the maths don't add up :faint:

;)

How did those two sailors who just died off a remote island in the southern ocean make their last satellite call again? By using underwater cables?

This story (charade shall we say) was set up to propagate the myth of satellite communication as part of web of conspiracies to convince us that space as we think we know it is made up?

Serious mate, you're a moron.

Try again.

B52s launch a large number of commercial satellites. What about this baffles you?

Listen, the burden of proof is on you. You're saying that despite being without a scrap of evidence, nor cogent argument, your proposal is true and the existing consensus is hokum.

and you're yet to explain why so many parties would perpetuate this convoluted and expensive lie.

H Satellites launched from b 52's at high altitude hahahahaha.

Tell me how they manage this then.

Harvard states the following on their website

Aviation Week and Space Technology (ISSN 0005-2175), June 6, 1988, p. 14-16.

A newly developed commercial winged space booster, the Pegasus, which will launch satellites from a B-52, is described. The booster will be able to launch a 600 lb, 72 in long craft into a 250 nm equatorial orbit. The Pegasus is 49.2 ft long with a 22 ft wing span and a weight of 40,000 lb. The winged design allows for an angle of attack of 20 degrees and a supersonic lift over drag ratio of 4:1. It operates with three solid rocket motors and will be launched from a B-52 at an altitude of 40,000 ft. The first motor provides an average of 112,000 lbs of thrust for about 82 seconds; burnout occurs at 208,000 ft and Mach 8.7. The third stage provides 9,000 lbs of thrust for 65 seconds, accelerating the vehicle into 25,000 fps orbital velocity. The first launch will be a 400 lb relay satellite targeted for July 1989 over the Pacific Ocean. Future launches will be possible from any site and will cost 10 million dollars. The Pegasus can also carry a 1500 payload at high altitude Mach cruise flights that do not achieve orbit, providing data to validate spaceplane conceptual fluid dynamic codes generated by computer.

LA Times states

Virginia Firm Uses a B-52 to Launch Satellites : Aerospace: The launch is considered a breakthrough for private enterprise, which hopes to tap the lucrative rocket business.

April 06, 1990|BARRY STAVRO | TIMES STAFF WRITER

A pair of military satellites were successfully launched into orbit Thursday by an innovative unmanned rocket that was launched after being dropped from a B-52 flying 43,000 feet over the Pacific some 62 miles west of Big Sur.

It was the first time that a payload had been launched into space orbit from a plane, and the flight marked a stunning success for Orbital Sciences Corp., a small Fairfax, Va., company that was hired by the Pentagon to hoist the satellites into orbit.

pixel.gif

Lt. Col. Edward Nicastri, who was in charge of the flight for the government and viewed the flight from Edwards Air Force Base, called it "a total success."

Orbital Sciences is one of a handful of entrepreneurial companies trying to make a go of it in the small commercial rocket launch business.

There was a lot riding on Orbital Sciences' first flight, named Pegasus after the winged horse of Greek mythology. Two of the three previous launch attempts in the past 14 months by two other small American firms had ended in failure.

Orbital Sciences and its partner, Hercules Aerospace, had spent $50 million in research and development costs for their first launch. And last month Orbital Sciences was forced to postpone a $16-million initial public stock offering after a Wall Street Journal story detailed the perils of the small-rocket industry.

"We said we would do it and we did it," said David Thompson, Orbital Sciences' co-founder and chief executive after the launch. "This has been a 3-year-long crusade for our company."

Unlike conventional vertical rocket launchers that lift off from a launch pad, Orbital Sciences saves the expense of using a major rocket booster by having a plane carry the rocket into the air.

The Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency paid Orbital Sciences $6.5 million for the launch, and NASA provided the B-52. The government has already signed up for four other Orbital Sciences launches and is excited about the Pegasus program because of the mobile, low-cost rocket launch system that could put small intelligence satellites into space quickly during wartime.

The next Pegasus flight, which will carry seven small satellites into orbit, is set for some time this summer.

The Swedish government has also tentatively signed up with Orbital Sciences to launch a scientific satellite in December, 1992.

Thursday's launch borrowed heavily from the launch concept used in the military's X-15 experimental airplane that set many speed and altitude records during the 1960s. The X-15 was also carried into the air by a B-52, the same plane that carried the Pegasus rocket aloft.

The 41,500-pound, 49-foot Pegasus rocket was attached like a bomb under the B-52's right wing, and at 12:10 p.m., the rocket was released over the Pacific. Five seconds later, the first of three engine stages ignited, and the rocket left behind a white plume of exhaust as it began to climb into space.

Gordon Fullerton, a former space shuttle astronaut, piloted the B-52 loaded with the Pegasus. He said that when the rocket's first engine ignited, "It was really impressive. It looked like a little shuttle launch heading for the sky."

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Twelve minutes later the 422-pound payload reached orbit 320 nautical miles above the Earth. One NASA satellite attached in the third stage of the rocket collected data on the flight and will later release a chemical experiment into space. A second Navy communications satellite was also released into orbit.

Before the flight, Peter Glaser, a space expert with consulting firm Arthur D. Little in Cambridge, Mass., said of Orbital Sciences: "If they have success with that design, it will be a real technical advance. They are reaching out to a totally novel technology."

In the days before the rocket launch, though, aerospace observers including Glaser wondered whether the Pegasus would fly as planned because during the first stage of the flight it would be guided by fins at the rear of the craft. During the first stage of flight the rocket hit 5,800 miles per hour, a speed so fast that no air tunnel could simulate it.

So Orbital Sciences engineers had to rely on computer flight simulations for their rocket design. But Thompson said the rocket's successful flight "was not the result of luck."

Not everything on the Pegasus was as innovative. The engines, built by Hercules, were similar to ones already used in rockets built by Martin Marietta and McDonnell Douglas.

The market for small rocket companies developed after the space shuttle Challenger accident in 1986 and the government opened the way for private commercial rocket launchers.

Three major aerospace companies, Martin Marietta, McDonnell Douglas and General Dynamics--which have built ballistic missiles for decades--have lined up dozens of commercial customers who want to launch satellites weighing as much as 5,000 pounds.

Need I go on?