aplace in the city

pboromag

Not just decent spelling Phoenix, people that actually pride themselves on it, and make word-play jokes. It's like heaven.

I know,but now I'll miss people saying "feck off" every other word...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be overly sensitive with my fourth post but are the "JT" words strictly necessary? I'm no prude but surely that kind of language is just being offensive for offensive sake.

Well gosh darn it I can never find a smiley when I need one.....

It's used here and there. Recently been called the 'cath-word' as the regulars know it winds me up and they're respectful ;)

However, that's not the case for everyone :lol:

Just ignore it, there's far worse things to worry about. Like The Fish, for example..

Oh, and that Monkey.

Welcome :lol:

The AIDS comment was a bit uncalled for but the poster is our version of Gazza. He's daft as a brush but often offends entire nations with badly aimed 'jokes'.

Evidence or retraction required.

I was wrong to compare the new posters to the AIDs virus. I'm sorry. That was uncalled for, inappropriate, and mean-spirited. I should have used a better example, such as influenza, or cholera. I should have realised that the new posters will not be attuned to the juvenile humour that inhabits the board.

I was wrong to compare the new posters to the AIDs virus. I'm sorry. That was uncalled for, inappropriate, and mean-spirited. I should have used a better example, such as influenza, or cholera. I should have realised that the new posters will not be attuned to the juvenile humour that inhabits the board.

:lol: I was referring to when Gazza offended the whole of Norway and was subtly drawing a comparison to your relationship with LBT.

That Pedro has things beeping.... "alls I wanted to do was talk about my beloved club". Am telling yous. Not locked up yet. Quick look at NUTZ will set even the most passive of minds off in that direction.

That Pedro has things beeping.... "alls I wanted to do was talk about my beloved club". Am telling yous. Not locked up yet. Quick look at NUTZ will set even the most passive of minds off in that direction.

:lol:

Du du du du du, Inspector Stevie .

:D

:lol: I was referring to when Gazza offended the whole of Norway and was subtly drawing a comparison to your relationship with LBT.

I'd forgotten he even existed. Now images of his vaseline-coated torso flexing in his speedos are flashing across my eyes like killer bees swarming on a rotting carcas. Thanks a lot.

I logged in tonight and the first thread I read was some new bloke telling me that satellites don't exist. Naturally I was apoplectic--absolutely fucking fuming, come to think of it. I then clicked on this thread and made a rash judgement: I thought that a load of spammers had signed up and were posting a prolific amount of material in the style of Deaders. Well, I think one Deaders is enough Deaders for all of us; and I went on to make the AIDs comment, which I now recognise was wrong. Like John Terry, I'm a big boy, and I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong. So there. Welcome to the board.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

It's used here and there. Recently been called the 'cath-word' as the regulars know it winds me up and they're respectful ;)

However, that's not the case for everyone :lol:

Just ignore it, there's far worse things to worry about. Like The Fish, for example..

Oh, and that Monkey.

I will straight up cuts your tits off. :cuppa:

I was rather hoping that if we were to be compared to some sort of disease or virus it would be something that would give House a run for his money. You know something exotic and rare. I mean we would end up being heavy metal poisoning or an auto immune I know but just for a while we could feel special.... Ah well not to worry, now where are those darn smileys? I know i saw them earlier....

Stop trying to show off in front of the new kids. Honestly! :o

Got fuck all to do with the interlopers man woman man pet. Blame the weapons grade cath-word at work. I want to ram a trident up her grexit, then up-end her atop a hill during a lightning storm.

Got fuck all to do with the interlopers man woman man pet. Blame the weapons grade cath-word at work. I want to ram a trident up her grexit, then up-end her atop a hill during a lightning storm.

Ah okay. You at work now?

I was rather hoping that if we were to be compared to some sort of disease or virus it would be something that would give House a run for his money. You know something exotic and rare. I mean we would end up being heavy metal poisoning or an auto immune I know but just for a while we could feel special.... Ah well not to worry, now where are those darn smileys? I know i saw them earlier....

Welcome to Toontastic, the Galloping Fanny Rot of Newcastle Forums.

Ah okay. You at work now?

Nope, but because of her I'm working 7 days straight. Lad at work's wife is popping out a bairn so he can't work. Fair enough. She took the call and before telling anyone else put a leave request in so that she couldn't get called in.

This on a day when she did fuck all, despite me and one other calling her on it throughout the day. Spent half the day on personal calls (including one blazing row with her ex-husband) and the the other half on fag breaks.

How the fuck she was offered a contract is beyond me.

so tomorrow night (Well, tonight now) I'm going to get rat-faced and be too hungover on Saturday to be much use to anyone :ggod:

A slight flaw in your theory:

off to graft see ya all later.

Hmmm feel I need to make a post on the subject of spelling as it has come up.

I have always had problems with spelling due to been taught phonetic spelling at school. It is some I have tried to correct over the years, but even though my spelling is better it’s still not good.

The frustrating answer I get and have had from those who can spell, is always using a dictionary or spell checker.

Great suggestion you would think, it’s something I always try to do is type my replies into word so I can check. I catch about 80 % of my mistakes this way however 20 % of my mistakes show up with no suggestions, I then play around with letters to try to get a suggestion but that does not always work. Sometimes I even phone Vixxen (My real life friend) to help but I can’t do this all the time. A dictionary does not help either as to find the word I need a good idea of how it is spelt in the first place if I knew this I would not be having any problems but I don’t so its catch 22.

So while I don’t do text speak etc, and I have seen some terrible spelling by people (must be bad if I can see it is spelt wrong) there will be good chances my mistakes will show in posts. If that is a problem to some and people feel the need to slate me over it go ahead, I know I have tried my best and am not perfect, and it really must be great to be as perfect as those who criticize others. Sometimes it does not hurt you to show a bit of leeway to people who may not meet your standards.

If there are any mistakes in this post shoot me I am really not that interested in hearing your superior views on my spelling etc. :angry2::no:

Hmmm feel I need to make a post on the subject of spelling as it has come up.

I have always had problems with spelling due to been taught phonetic spelling at school. It is some I have tried to correct over the years, but even though my spelling is better it’s still not good.

The frustrating answer I get and have had from those who can spell, is always using a dictionary or spell checker.

Great suggestion you would think, it’s something I always try to do is type my replies into word so I can check. I catch about 80 % of my mistakes this way however 20 % of my mistakes show up with no suggestions, I then play around with letters to try to get a suggestion but that does not always work. Sometimes I even phone Vixxen (My real life friend) to help but I can’t do this all the time. A dictionary does not help either as to find the word I need a good idea of how it is spelt in the first place if I knew this I would not be having any problems but I don’t so its catch 22.

So while I don’t do text speak etc, and I have seen some terrible spelling by people (must be bad if I can see it is spelt wrong) there will be good chances my mistakes will show in posts. If that is a problem to some and people feel the need to slate me over it go ahead, I know I have tried my best and am not perfect, and it really must be great to be as perfect as those who criticize others. Sometimes it does not hurt you to show a bit of leeway to people who may not meet your standards.

If there are any mistakes in this post shoot me I am really not that interested in hearing your superior views on my spelling etc. :angry2::no:

:whistle: