aplace in the city

pboromag

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm feel I need to make a post on the subject of spelling as it has come up.

I have always had problems with spelling due to been taught phonetic spelling at school. It is some I have tried to correct over the years, but even though my spelling is better it’s still not good.

The frustrating answer I get and have had from those who can spell, is always using a dictionary or spell checker.

Great suggestion you would think, it’s something I always try to do is type my replies into word so I can check. I catch about 80 % of my mistakes this way however 20 % of my mistakes show up with no suggestions, I then play around with letters to try to get a suggestion but that does not always work. Sometimes I even phone Vixxen (My real life friend) to help but I can’t do this all the time. A dictionary does not help either as to find the word I need a good idea of how it is spelt in the first place if I knew this I would not be having any problems but I don’t so its catch 22.

So while I don’t do text speak etc, and I have seen some terrible spelling by people (must be bad if I can see it is spelt wrong) there will be good chances my mistakes will show in posts. If that is a problem to some and people feel the need to slate me over it go ahead, I know I have tried my best and am not perfect, and it really must be great to be as perfect as those who criticize others. Sometimes it does not hurt you to show a bit of leeway to people who may not meet your standards.

If there are any mistakes in this post shoot me I am really not that interested in hearing your superior views on my spelling etc. :angry2::no:

I doubt very much that any body spells perfectly all of the time, I know that since I moved my level of English has gone down hill dramatically, not just spelling but grammar too, in fact I often struggle to even think of the correct word to use. The thing for me is that people try. I also appreciate the odd, good spirited, joke like the "click" joke at the start of the thread and think that it's important to be able to take these things in good humour. English is such a bugger of a language that no one can be perfect so we should all have a sense of humour about it and not take it too seriously. :thumbsup:

What's the reason behind this invasion?

For my part I came here to stay in touch with, what I considered to be, the best and most supportive people on the Nutz forum. I'm afraid I woke up a day or so ago to find that the Nutz family were going through a divorce and, like the child in a divorce, all I know is that some people left and some stayed.

If it helps I genuinely believe the people I followed here to be good, honest types and that the loss of Nutz is toontastics gain. Of course there are examples of other people that followed that I cannot speak for......

Some sort of drama on the other sites they were on. No one will say exactly what.

The truth is those that know are keeping their council in an attempt to lessen the fallout and the rest of us simply don't know enough to say. It's certainly not an attempt to keep secrets or to make us more mysterious.

I would not say we are flouncers, an account was deleted in a very vindictive and underhand manner, we were not allowed to discuss it and certain people over there wanted it swept under the carpet.

I personally decided I didn't want to be on a forum where censorship is in operation so left and came here.

Edited by vixxen

The truth is those that know are keeping their council in an attempt to lessen the fallout and the rest of us simply don't know enough to say. It's certainly not an attempt to keep secrets or to make us more mysterious.

How serious can the fallout get though? It's an internet forum. Anyone that thinks the fallout could get that bad must by definition lack perspective, which is a key characteristic of a flouncer.

My flounceometer is twitching.

That NUTZ board seems like a place unemployed 21 year olds would go to talk about buckets.

:lol: Most of this lot that have joined are late 30s. They must be bucket casualties that never moved on.

What exactly happened on this other site though? Was there a genuine grievance or have we just inherited a gang of flouncers? :razz:

:o Flouncers? Lol. Nope no flouncers (not that I'm aware of anyway). The grievance seems, from the little I know, to be legitimate. Sorry I can't tell you more!

I'll add a little to this although I've not been involved in the incident which I shall call nutzgate.

A while ago someone posted a thread in the pub section talking about an ugly woman. It wasn't offensive, just a little bit of banter and someone complained about it. It was then deleted. I'm not a fan of censorship so decided to only post in the newcastle section. I could be wrong but the way I read it was that recently a post was deleted (not sure what about) and things kicked off with a couple of admins.

I recieved a pm from one of the admins with a copy of some things that were said. I'm not one for handbags so decided to post my random musings, banter and generally ill informed opinions on here instead.

There were 6 Admin at nutz. Admin 1 was having some problems to demoted himself down to member status. Admin 1 then was abusive to Admin 2. Admin 3 put him on a 7 day ban. Admin 1 then went into Admin 2 account and deleted Admin 3's account. Admin 4 deleted his own account after this was all hushed up. Admin 5 posted threads of what had happened and Admin 2 removed them. Admin 1 returned to Admin status. Admin 1 also pretended to leave the nutz forum then made a new account and posted in the thread about them leaving. Admin 1 has also denied deleting accounts and the rest of us were pretty much banned from discussing the subject.

Edited by vixxen

:lol: Most of this lot that have joined are late 30s. They must be bucket casualties that never moved on.

:ermm: I had a bucket once. But it developed a hole, oh the shame, there I was trying my best to carry water from the well in the village but I simply couldn't contain it. I tried different ways to solve this shameful problem. I tried patches and even, at one point, a game show type relay race with dyed water and clear plastic measuring containers but it was to no avail my bucket was done, finished. I just had to accept it, oh the heartache.

all i wanted to do was talk about my beloved club . mean thats what forums are for. Because i put up to many topics i get verbally abused i get called a cunt. and everything. i dont need this. i dont deserve it. So thanks for having me. enjoyed my time here. See yer all around

:scratchchin:

There were 6 Admin at nutz. Admin 1 was having some problems to demoted himself down to member status. Admin 1 then was abusive to Admin 2. Admin 3 put him on a 7 day ban. Admin 1 then went into Admin 2 account and deleted Admin 3's account. Admin 4 deleted his own account after this was all hushed up. Admin 5 posted threads of what had happened and Admin 2 removed them. Admin 1 returned to Admin status. Admin 1 also pretended to leave the nutz forum then made a new account and posted in the thread about them leaving. Admin 1 has also denied deleting accounts and the rest of us were pretty much banned from discussing the subject.

What was Admin 6 doing in all of this, the lazy twat?