Robert gone.

Craig

I see you didn't get a stress ball for xmas then?

74059[/snapback]

Sorry SLP, but I hate this ridiculous notion that Souness "won something everywhere he has been". This doesn't apply to you in the slightest, but some people actually believe that line! I believe the Benfica fans were less than happy with wor Graeme like, I hope the twat never manages another team, unless it's the mackems of course.

74062[/snapback]

He's won something everywhere he's been given time ;)

74063[/snapback]

:)

So have I.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you didn't get a stress ball for xmas then?

74059[/snapback]

Sorry SLP, but I hate this ridiculous notion that Souness "won something everywhere he has been". This doesn't apply to you in the slightest, but some people actually believe that line! I believe the Benfica fans were less than happy with wor Graeme like, I hope the twat never manages another team, unless it's the mackems of course.

74062[/snapback]

He's won something everywhere he's been given time :razz:

74063[/snapback]

:)

So have I.

74064[/snapback]

You've never won an argument on here yet. I'm still prepared to give you time though. ;)

bollocks, Bellamy is worth twice that at least - if you disagree look at boumsong and Luque - the truth is Souness behaved like a complete amateur and is responsible for the price we got for both of them

Furthermore, if you disagree about Bellamys worth, look at our performances without him [ i presume you are a match goer]

74055[/snapback]

As I said he was "worth more" to us but as has been said before if he was such a world beater he would have went to a better club for more money.

llike who ? Chelsea, man u ?

If Parker is so good, why did Chelsea sell him...why didn't manu come in for him ?

Why did no one else come in for Luque if he is so good ?

Your point makes no sense and you know it. If you have watched newcastle this season, you will know we have missed Craig Bellamy massively, he was worth double what we got for him, at least, and you know that too

Edited by LeazesMag

bollocks, Bellamy is worth twice that at least - if you disagree look at boumsong and Luque - the truth is Souness behaved like a complete amateur and is responsible for the price we got for both of them

Furthermore, if you disagree about Bellamys worth, look at our performances without him [ i presume you are a match goer]

74055[/snapback]

As I said he was "worth more" to us but as has been said before if he was such a world beater he would have went to a better club for more money.

If Parker is so good, why did Chelsea sell him...why didn't manu come in for him ?

Your point makes no sense and you know it. If you have watched newcastle this season, you will know we have missed Craig Bellamy massively, he was worth double what we got for him, at least, and you know that too

74074[/snapback]

Real Madrid came in for him, but Depo refused to sell.

Cue the Robert fans, having denied that him going to Portsmouth was any reflection on how good he was, turning up and telling us that him signing for Benfica proves that he's great. :)

74032[/snapback]

No, that argument was always a total nonsense put forward by idiots.

Every time it is put forward in future I will still consider this line of argument to be stupid.

Cheers

74055[/snapback]

74074[/snapback]

Real Madrid came in for him, but Depo refused to sell.

74083[/snapback]

which shows that soopafan here... knows fook all.

Robert's time was long over, shame we didn't something for him.

Bellamy was clearly worth £4m because that's all a club was prepared to pay, it's the only way you can give a monetary value to it.

Our squad is weaker for Bellamy's absense though he has been injured a lot i think.

Any mention of how much cash we've got for the lazy French layabout?

74027[/snapback]

In his time here he scored and created more goals than the rest of the midfield combined.

74089[/snapback]

Prove it? This means you willl have to use stats. Oooh sorry....you think all stats are useless, don't you?

74027[/snapback]

In his time here he scored and created more goals than the rest of the midfield combined.

74089[/snapback]

Can't argue but his time had passed imo.

74027[/snapback]

74089[/snapback]

Interesting stuff, but not really a response to the question I asked.

74027[/snapback]

74089[/snapback]

Can't argue but his time had passed imo.

74095[/snapback]

He has a few good seasons left in him yet, as he'll go on to prove.

74027[/snapback]

74089[/snapback]

74097[/snapback]

:) I'd like to say I was surprised by your reply, but I'm not.

Anyway, it is interesting that you believe someone who produced as much as Robert is a layabout.

Edited by Howaythelads

74027[/snapback]

74089[/snapback]

74097[/snapback]

Anyway, it is interesting that you believe someone who produced as much as Robert is a layabout.

74117[/snapback]

I find it just as interesting that you believe that someone who produced as little as Robert towards the end of his time here, through a distinct lack of effort on his part, is anything but a layabout.

74027[/snapback]

74089[/snapback]

74097[/snapback]

74117[/snapback]

I find it just as interesting that you believe that someone who produced as little as Robert towards the end of his time here, through a distinct lack of effort on his part, is anything but a layabout.

74119[/snapback]

{Edited}

I'll play along, even though I shouldn't bother.....

Some questions....

1. Have you ever worked for a boss who treats you like shite?

2. Are you able to imagine how a person feels when they are undermined and treated like shite by their boss?

3. Do you believe such a person is still able to work to the best of their ability?

4. Do you believe the team performances improved when Souness finally went 4-4-2 and started selecting Robert, only to drop off again when he slated Robert in public for his first poor performance? You claim you go to matches, you should know about point number 4.

Edited by Howaythelads

74055[/snapback]

74074[/snapback]

There is nobody on this planet who would pay £12m for an injury prone troublemaker who has never scored more than a dozen goals a year. Get real.

I said he was important to us but in the market place he was virtually worthless. If you think thats Souness' fault then fine - obviously none of the other "top" clubs could wait to get their hands on such a bargain - maybe not Chelsea but what about Spurs, Everton, Bolton or even Boro who all bought strikers in the timeframe?

Some questions....

2. Are you able to imagine how a person feels when they are undermined and treated like shite by their boss?

3.Do you believe such a person is still able to give 100%

4. Do you believe the team performances improved when Souness finally went 4-4-2 and started selecting Robert, only to drop off again when he slated Robert in public for his first poor performance? You claim you go to matches, you should know about point number 4.

74127[/snapback]

And the answers to those (performance wise) in 03/04 were?

74055[/snapback]

74074[/snapback]

There is nobody on this planet who would pay £12m for an injury prone troublemaker who has never scored more than a dozen goals a year. Get real.

I said he was important to us but in the market place he was virtually worthless. If you think thats Souness' fault then fine - obviously none of the other "top" clubs could wait to get their hands on such a bargain - maybe not Chelsea but what about Spurs, Everton, Bolton or even Boro who all bought strikers in the timeframe?

74134[/snapback]

who said 12m quid ?

Put against Luque for 9.5m though .......

74027[/snapback]

74089[/snapback]

74097[/snapback]

74117[/snapback]

74119[/snapback]

{Edited}

I'll play along, even though I shouldn't bother.....

Some questions....

3. Do you believe such a person is still able to work to the best of their ability?

74127[/snapback]

His poor performances didn't start when Souness arrived. So it's not all down to nasty Graeme I'm afraid.

who said 12m quid ?

74139[/snapback]

Sorry I read your twice what we got as twice what we paid - not that big a diff however.

Give Luque time....

who said 12m quid ?

74139[/snapback]

Sorry I read your twice what we got as twice what we paid - not that big a diff however.

Give Luque time....

74147[/snapback]

He doesn't need to. LM is an expert on whether someone is going to make it or not.

I think he should be our next manager :)