Tony Hawk HD

Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

Out tomorrow and I will be buying it tomorrow

I really hope its been done well, Ive been lacking something to play lately.

Goldfinger is in, Millencolin isn't

they've picked a few songs from the old games and chucked some new ones in too there is a list somewhere

I tell a lie! Millencolin are back!

Returning tracks (Song title - Artist):

• Bring the Noise - Anthrax featuring Chuck D
  • Superman - Goldfinger
  • When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000
  • Heavy Metal Winner - Consumed
  • May 16 - Lagwagon
  • No Cigar - Millencolin
  • You - Bad Religion

New tracks:

• The Bomb - Pigeon John
  • We the People - Lateef the Truthspeaker
  • Marathon Mansion! - Pegasuses-XL
  • Teenage Blood - Apex Manor
  • Please Ask for Help - Telekinesis
  • Flyentology (Cassettes Won't Listen Remix) - El-P featuring Trent Reznor
  • USA - Middle Class Rut

Out tomorrow and I will be buying it tomorrow

I really hope its been done well, Ive been lacking something to play lately.

How is it?

I tell a lie! Millencolin are back!

Returning tracks (Song title - Artist):

• Bring the Noise - Anthrax featuring Chuck D
  • Superman - Goldfinger
  • When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000
  • Heavy Metal Winner - Consumed
  • May 16 - Lagwagon
  • No Cigar - Millencolin
  • You - Bad Religion

New tracks:

• The Bomb - Pigeon John
  • We the People - Lateef the Truthspeaker
  • Marathon Mansion! - Pegasuses-XL
  • Teenage Blood - Apex Manor
  • Please Ask for Help - Telekinesis
  • Flyentology (Cassettes Won't Listen Remix) - El-P featuring Trent Reznor
  • USA - Middle Class Rut

Sweet as! Those first two games were my introduction to Goldfinger and Millencolin (Millencolin were actually the first proper band I ever saw live, and seen Goldfinger a couple of times). Don't really listen to either much nowadays, but every now and then when my music is on shuffle they come on and its a good bit of nostalgia if nothing else.

the Trial version is shit, its the worst trial version of a game I've played compared to the final product

get the full version

I vaguely remember this revert thing existing in later games, but can't for the life of me remember what it is??

It lets you extend combos when landing tricks on vert ramps, as you can revert into a manual as you land. Pro Skater 3 was the one that added it.

And guess what was announced as DLC soon after the title itself was announced? Stuff from Pro Skater 3 including the revert!

Anyway, I bought the game itself on impulse and I regret that decision. It's still pretty fun but it's lacking in content, 2 of the (only) 7 levels are 2 of the worst levels they could have chosen from, the frame-rate is poor, there is no split-screen, no multiplayer progression (you can't make money off wins online for instance), and as a seasoned Skate addict this game just isn't very good any more once you get over the nostalgia.

Not worth 1200msp. Plenty of reviews unfortunately agree with me.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

There's a definite learning curve to Skate, even on the easy controller settings.

It makes brilliant use of the dual analogue sticks (on both consoles) and gives you so much control over the board. Unlike the Tony Hawk games where you press/hold+release one button to do one thing etc. Just immensely satisfying to play but not something everyone will 'get' straight away.

Yeah, I could see that it was a clever system and one that should work really well, and I kinda was able to do it, but only to a certain level. After that I was flicking the sticks around madly and not doing what I was hoping to do. I don't think it helped that I had played and enjoyed a lot of TH and just wanted to hold down buttons and one direction, but I guess a lot of people who played Skate would have played TH as well, so they must have got over it! Just not enough time to spend trying to master it I guess.