Wayne Rooney...

Dr Gloom

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good player, unplayable on his day but over rated by a desperate media. And he's a total cock who gets away with murder by starstruck referees, I'd love it if a Ref had the balls to say something like, 'Listen you fat glakey looking pudding, try to tell me what to do again and you're off.' the first time he tried to referee a match himself.

He would've been great if he'd have kept up his style of play that he had in his earlier years. Also was a few yards quicker than he is now.

He's a fucking excellent goalscorer though. A level below Shearer was in his prime as a goalscorer though.

Also he seems to have lost that ability to score from long range.

Good player with the capability of being excellent on his day.

Agreed. Like I was saying to my brother last night, England doesn't have any 'Great' strikers at present, nobody up there consistently like Shearer or Lineker but Rooney can do a job when he puts his mind to it. Seems to be swings and roundabouts with the national team, we never seem to have top players in all positions at any one time.

Agreed. Like I was saying to my brother last night, England doesn't have any 'Great' strikers at present, nobody up there consistently like Shearer or Lineker but Rooney can do a job when he puts his mind to it. Seems to be swings and roundabouts with the national team, we never seem to have top players in all positions at any one time.

I agree, I also think Wellbeck has done well this tournament and, while he'll never be a great, I reckon he'll be an effective England player for a while.

He's one of our geniune top players, along with Cole and Hart. I'd add Gerrard to that list aswell after they last few games, thought he might have lost it with all his injuries, but he still looks like a top player.

Edited by StevenL

He's a good player, unplayable on his day but over rated by a desperate media. And he's a total cock who gets away with murder by starstruck referees, I'd love it if a Ref had the balls to say something like, 'Listen you fat glakey looking pudding, try to tell me what to do again and you're off.' the first time he tried to referee a match himself.

very good summing up :D wonder if he would have ever questioned one of Collinas decisions.

He goes through spells where he looks world class and scores for fun only for Fergie to promptly move him into central midfield and completely negate his goalscoring prowess.

I reckon if he was at a club where he was used as an out-and-out striker or at least just in behind rather than fiddled with then he'd challenge Shearer's record.

Brazil is really his last chance to perform at a major tournament. Of course he'll fail to live up to expectations there too and he'll end his career as an above average striker who never really fulfilled his potential

He was woeful this tournament and deserved to be hooked before Wellbeck. He didnt look sharp at all.

He is still is class though. He has been playing in the spotlight for 10 years now and will have ups and downs. Hopefully he isnt completely burnt out.

He has to be the difference for us if we're going to do anything more in these tournaments. Ronaldo has shown what a top top world class player does for a country whose other players are average or whose other top players are not firing on all cylinders. I don't think they'll get past Spain, but if they do, he'll be the difference.

Whatever Gazza's faults he always turned up on the field for England. Rooney has never looked close to doing the same, as supposedly the best English talent since Gazza he needs to start doing that.

I don't think Brazil is his last chance like, he's only 26. Possibly 3 more tournaments in him.

Guest CabayeAye

He's fucking shite man. He's always been shite too. Only reason he gets goals for Manure is because of all the penalties that him and Young 'win' from the paid off Premier League refs. Every now and then, 1% of his long range shots will go in and it'll end up being shown on perma repeat by Sky like that flukey overhead kick that came directly off the centre of his shin.

Anyone who plays as the main striker for Man U should get plenty of goals on a plate. Even Shola would get 20-30 goals a season with the service Rooney gets.

Rooney is the biggest fraud in world football, at least Parker put in a shift last night. Slow, shit control, can't finish, can't head, lost possession every time. He has always been wank in an England shirt, but no manager has had the balls yet to put him to pasture and tell him he isn't fit to wear the shirt.

Oh, and his attitude stinks and he's a cast iron prick too. A perfect storm of shiteness.

He goes through spells where he looks world class and scores for fun only for Fergie to promptly move him into central midfield and completely negate his goalscoring prowess.

I reckon if he was at a club where he was used as an out-and-out striker or at least just in behind rather than fiddled with then he'd challenge Shearer's record.

And if Shearer played his entire career at a club perennially challenging for the title he'd have smashed his current record.

yet again rooney failed to reproduce his club form in an international shirt. he's had a fairly underwhelming international career since euro 2004, an exciting debut international tournament that promised a great future.

i'd argue he's a good rather than a great player. not quite the talent we all hoped he could be. we really needed him to grab the game by the scruff of the neck yesterday. he wasn't able to. looked unfit to me too, as he has in previous tournaments.