Luuk De Jong

Anyone know if there's a fee agreed for the end of the loan? or have they simply repeated the Remy mistake.

I don't think MA and co think Remy's loan was a mistake. I reckon they've seen Everton's success in the loan market and have decided that that's the cheaper way to go about finishing mid table.

Might see us end up with Lukaku next season mind if Chelsea continue farming him out. ( :confused: )

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think MA and co think Remy's loan was a mistake. I reckon they've seen Everton's success in the loan market and have decided that that's the cheaper way to go about finishing mid table.

Might see us end up with Lukaku next season mind if Chelsea continue farming him out. ( :confused: )

If this is anyway true about loaning players then it's absolute lunacy for a club like NUFC. Every year new player loaned in eventually will kill team chemistry.

Could be right there Brock, plenty of fun seasons ahead of us eh.

Fair chance he gets thrust into the derby (or as Lee Ryder would say, 'thrusted into'). Nice way to introduce him to the premier league. Assuming he doesn't get the shit kicked out of him that is...

This season in the league

13 games

0 goals

0 assists

2 shots

Pointless stats. Its well documented that he has struggled since his move there. He scored 36 in 76 at FC Twente and its that form we are "hoping" he can recapture. He scored 8 in 31 last year with BM.

He's also had most of those games in the last ten minutes of matches apparently so he's never going to have much of a chance to do much at all.

I'm sure I heard that he had quite a few assists last season to go with the 8 goals he scored too.

He's a player our scouts have been looking at for quite some time and I'm actually reasonably confident that he will be a success here. This is not a panic buy of some unknown name an agent thrust at us, it's a player who's been on the radar of our top scout and even if he isn't a smash hit, I feel like Carr knows what he's on about and that this is a player who can do a job for us in the Premier League.

Most of our signings seem to fall into the "bargain" category (i.e. Ba, Cabaye, Marveaux, Amalfitano, Sissoko, Gouffran) or the "thoroughly and patiently scouted over multiple windows" category (i.e. Debuchy, Cisse.) This might be both. Nowt wrong with that, and if he's no good, we send him back at the end of his loan.

The only problem here is that our esteemed owner and director of fuck-all are likely to think this it's job done after bringing in a striker when we've needed 2 (3 even, since Remy is not ours and Cisse and Shola may soon not be either) for years.

it's not a buy at all it's a loan

Tbf its a loan for the season with an agreed price to buy at the end. Sensible approach to see how he does.

Strumming my pain with his fingers,

Singing my life with his words,

Killing me softly Luuk De Jong,

Killing me softly Luuk de Jong,

Telling my whole life with his words,

Killing me softly Luuk de Jo-ong - o-ong - o-ong

Bow ba bow!

He's getting used to holding the ball, as he will be taking it home on saturday after his hat-trick.

:lol: I hope he starts like, I know it's chucking him in at the deep end and he wont have had many training sessions (which is why I can see Pardew going with Shola) but I'd like to see how him Gouffran and Ben Afra look together (if Gouff is back fit).