Luuk De Jong

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't cut it in the Bundesliga. Had a knee injury, problems with manager etc...Technically sound player, good in the air and apparently very confident.

So, a cockless crock with an attitude problem? In that case may I be the first to say he's fucking shit and should be sold. Once we've bought him that is.

Anybody know what kind of player he is? He's a rather big lad, suppose he's good in the air/good target? Has to be a better option than Shola when we're looking for goals and turn to the more direct/long ball game, I guess.

Yeah, I'd be delighted if he was just Shola's replacement. You would hope he won't get a renewal in June so it's plausible.

Fear that he's Remy's replacement and Campbell will be expected to step into Shola's boots though.

He's still young, definitely worth a loan to see how he fares. We undoubtedly need support in the striking positions. If I recall correctly, Graham Carr has always been very keen on De Jong. He thought his style of play would suit the Premier League.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 7m

De Jong: "I don't know how big the chance is I leave this month." #nufc

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 7m

Luuk De Jong: "There's no offer for me yet" #nufc

Four pages in and no one's actually properly seen him play then, aside from a small segment on youtube. The fact Cisse and Foluwashola are shit and useless should be enough to want another striker in, regardless of his perceived pedigree.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 7m

De Jong: "I don't know how big the chance is I leave this month." #nufc

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 7m

Luuk De Jong: "There's no offer for me yet" #nufc

Must be that line getting in the way.

What exactly has happened in Germany with him? Does anyone know why he hasn't played much since April? I remember being really excited last time we were in for him after his time in Holland. Just hope he hasn't developed any serious confidence issues or anything while in Germany.

What exactly has happened in Germany with him? Does anyone know why he hasn't played much since April? I remember being really excited last time we were in for him after his time in Holland. Just hope he hasn't developed any serious confidence issues or anything while in Germany.

He fell out with his manager.

32 in 50 in his last season in Holland. Carr seems to have a knack of knowing which foreigners will succeed in our league and which ones won't. Gave Altidore a miss for example ;)

I watched quite a bit of that season on the ESPN dutch show and looked forward to seeing his goals each week, he knows where the goal is for sure.

I watched quite a bit of that season on the ESPN dutch show and looked forward to seeing his goals each week, he knows where the goal is for sure.

I know it's a line that's often trotted out but Kezman and Alves also knew where the goal was in Holland, not so much in England.

I know it's a line that's often trotted out but Kezman and Alves also knew where the goal was in Holland, not so much in England.

A leading scout (whatever that means) had this to say about him

Luuk de Jong is a strange one. Monchengladbach paid quite a lot of money for him - around £10million - and he has been a bit of a flop there; he's hardly played this season.

He's a very hard-working centre-forward; he runs and runs, he's good at receiving the ball and making himself available but he maybe lacks that goalscoring instinct.

http://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-united/9131711/January-targets-assessed-by-leading-scout

Edited by Phil

He didn't feature this season because Gladbach signed Max Kruse in the summer, who has been very good for them. As de Jong hardly had any preseason he fell down the pecking order, also because he didn't Suizid Favre's playing style. He wasn't prolific in his first season but had quite a few assists.

I'm already looking forward to Kinnear's programme notes on Sat - "delighted to have secured the services of a player of De Jong's quality" - "as I stated im my last programme notes, it is our aim to add one or two players to the squad per transfer window. That aim has been achieved". "Really pushed the boat out" blabla "difficult to compete with the likes of Scunthorpe" etc blabla

Honestly, I could write those "notes" myself, just give me a bottle of Whiskey and half an hour of time.