Relegation

Gemmill

We have 10 home games left - if we draw 8 and win 2 that gives us 40 points - and I think that will be fine this season......................

74107[/snapback]

Try 14 ;)

74135[/snapback]

Psst..Brocky baby...hurry up and get that helmet...maybe been hit on the head with tha puck a bit too much lately...but 14+26=40. :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have 10 home games left - if we draw 8 and win 2 that gives us 40 points - and I think that will be fine this season......................

74107[/snapback]

Try 14 :razz:

74135[/snapback]

Psst..Brocky baby...hurry up and get that helmet...maybe been hit on the head with tha puck a bit too much lately...but 14+26=40. :)

74141[/snapback]

EDITED ;)

Seems to be the new buzz word on here at the minute.  Who is genuinely, seriously of the opinion that we are in any danger of relegation this season?  Not just in a Dad's Army "We're doooooomed", something-to-finish-my-post-off with way, but a real genuine belief that we stand a greater than 50% chance of being relegated.

I'll stick my neck out and say we'll stop up this season.  No bother.

74068[/snapback]

Why 50%? Why not 30%, 40%, 75%? How is a feeling of concern measured? :)

Who knows if we'll be relegated or not? Souness may be sacked tomorrow and FS appoints a manager able to get more from the players and we aren't relegated. Souness may not be sacked and we may stay up, or we may go down. Who knows?

All folk can do look at is the form, the performances, over the time shithead has been manager, and if they are being sensible about it they will be worried that we may well be sucked into trouble.

The fact is, from 4th, 3rd, 5th plus £50m outlay we shouldn't be even thinking about relegation, but it's what happens when a team stops scoring goals. A team stops scoring goals when their creative players are discarded and their forward play is fcuked up. I recall Arthur Cox saying this in the 80's, and he was right.

Seems to be the new buzz word on here at the minute.  Who is genuinely, seriously of the opinion that we are in any danger of relegation this season?  Not just in a Dad's Army "We're doooooomed", something-to-finish-my-post-off with way, but a real genuine belief that we stand a greater than 50% chance of being relegated.

I'll stick my neck out and say we'll stop up this season.  No bother.

74068[/snapback]

Why 50%? Why not 30%, 40%, 75%? How is a feeling of concern measured? :)

Who knows if we'll be relegated or not? Souness may be sacked tomorrow and FS appoints a manager able to get more from the players and we aren't relegated. Souness may not be sacked and we may stay up, or we may go down. Who knows?

All folk can do look at is the form, the performances, over the time shithead has been manager, and if they are being sensible about it they will be worried that we may well be sucked into trouble.

The fact is, from 4th, 3rd, 5th plus £50m outlay we shouldn't be even thinking about relegation, but it's what happens when a team stops scoring goals. A team stops scoring goals when their creative players are discarded and their forward play is fcuked up. I recall Arthur Cox saying this in the 80's, and he was right.

74154[/snapback]

Greater than 50% means you think it's more likely than not. That's why. Simple really. I'm not measuring concern, I'm measuring strength of belief in our relegation prospects. ;)

If anyone fancies betting me the Toon will go down, I'll happily take your money off your hands :)

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

If anyone fancies betting me the Toon will go down, I'll happily take your money off your hands :)

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

74191[/snapback]

Nahh.....

Pretty jealous of the people who put us down for it when we were 66-1, although I couldn't bet against us tbh.

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

74191[/snapback]

no one was that quick to bet me in august that Souness would match Bobby Robsons 5th place, ie the team he inherited before he set about his "improvements"

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

74191[/snapback]

no one was that quick to bet me in august that Souness would match Bobby Robsons 5th place, ie the team he inherited before he set about his "improvements"

74195[/snapback]

How can that be though, when "the vast majority" thought he would get us into the Champions League? Surely SOMEONE in that vast majority you speak of took the bet?

Before Xmas, I'd have said that Sunderland, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Everton, Fulham, West Brom, Aston Villa & Charlton would all definitely finish below us. Now a couple of teams (Pompey and Everton in particular) have had a definite turn around in fortunes since then so I'm not so sure. I still think it's highly unlikely that we will be involved though.

* Watch that comment come back and bite me on the arse.

EDIT: I've just had a look at the table and seen Boro's position - what the fuck happened to them, did they go into free-fall or something? :)

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

74191[/snapback]

74195[/snapback]

How can that be though, when "the vast majority" thought he would get us into the Champions League? Surely SOMEONE in that vast majority you speak of took the bet?

74198[/snapback]

you find the post, and i'll take the money

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

74191[/snapback]

74195[/snapback]

74198[/snapback]

74221[/snapback]

You find the post where you offered the bet first :razz:

Before Xmas, I'd have said that Sunderland, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Everton, Fulham, West Brom, Aston Villa & Charlton would all definitely finish below us. Now a couple of teams (Pompey and Everton in particular) have had a definite turn around in fortunes since then so I'm not so sure. I still think it's highly unlikely that we will be involved though.

* Watch that comment come back and bite me on the arse.

EDIT: I've just had a look at the table and seen Boro's position - what the fuck happened to them, did they go into free-fall or something? :)

74209[/snapback]

Boro are a piss poor team at the moment - hence the fact so many of us are gutted we didn't turn them over.

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

74191[/snapback]

74195[/snapback]

74198[/snapback]

74221[/snapback]

Actually it might have been "the vast majority" that thought that Shola was the next Shearer. It's hard to keep track of all the fictitious groups you create in your head and then argue with. :razz:

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

74191[/snapback]

Current odds from Billy Hill....

20. Sunderland 1.00

19. Portsmouth 1.61

18. West Brom 1.66

17. Birmingham 2.20

16. Everton 5.50

15. Fulham 7.50

14. West Ham 8.50

13. Charlton 11.00

12. Nappy Rippers 17.00

11. Newcastle 41.00

So, Hills have us at 40/1 to go down, having us finishing in 11th place. Best odds for a bottom 6 finish from Hills is 13/2. Looking at that list from the experts, what odds are you offering on us finishing in the bottom 6, Alex? Anybody think this 40/1 from BH is huge given the circumstances?

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

74191[/snapback]

74195[/snapback]

74198[/snapback]

74221[/snapback]

You find the post where you offered the bet first :razz:

74223[/snapback]

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...pic=1762&st=180

i did it a few times, but this is one

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

74191[/snapback]

20. Sunderland 1.00

19. Portsmouth 1.61

18. West Brom 1.66

17. Birmingham 2.20

16. Everton 5.50

15. Fulham 7.50

14. West Ham 8.50

13. Charlton 11.00

12. Nappy Rippers 17.00

11. Newcastle 41.00

So, Hills have us at 40/1 to go down, having us finishing in 11th place. Best odds for a bottom 6 finish from Hills is 13/2. Looking at that list from the experts, what odds are you offering on us finishing in the bottom 6, Alex? Anybody think this 40/1 from BH is huge given the circumstances?

74254[/snapback]

Fulham at 15/2 looks a good bet.

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

74191[/snapback]

20. Sunderland 1.00

19. Portsmouth 1.61

18. West Brom 1.66

17. Birmingham 2.20

16. Everton 5.50

15. Fulham 7.50

14. West Ham 8.50

13. Charlton 11.00

12. Nappy Rippers 17.00

11. Newcastle 41.00

74254[/snapback]

Evens

If anyone fancies betting me the Toon will go down, I'll happily take your money off your hands :lol:

74181[/snapback]

What odds though?

74190[/snapback]

Evens ;)

74191[/snapback]

20. Sunderland 1.00

19. Portsmouth 1.61

18. West Brom 1.66

17. Birmingham 2.20

16. Everton 5.50

15. Fulham 7.50

14. West Ham 8.50

13. Charlton 11.00

12. Nappy Rippers 17.00

11. Newcastle 41.00

74254[/snapback]

Evens

74425[/snapback]

;)

Whilst it looks entirely possible we could go down, I think we have enough about us to drag our collective ar$es to safety. I can't see (perhaps I'm blinded by my optimism) the likes of Shearer, Given and a few others letting that happen. I also believe that, as piss poor as we are, there are poorer teams than us currently in the league.

This is where LM reminds us of how much we have spent and how little return we have had and how much better our position was under SBR. Before he does that, I agree it's a disgrace and to have reached that halfway point of the season, looking to consolidate our position to avoid relegation is nothing short of disasterous.

If reports are to be believed, we may have a happier, more collective dressing room; but we appear to have an unhappy, directionless, disparate group of players on the pitch.

Please Sir...... can I have my unhappy dressing room that wins games back please? :lol: