Relegation

Gemmill

Whilst it looks entirely possible we could go down, I think we have enough about us to drag our collective ar$es to safety. I can't see (perhaps I'm blinded by my optimism) the likes of Shearer, Given and a few others letting that happen. I also believe that, as piss poor as we are, there are poorer teams than us currently in the league.

This is where LM reminds us of how much we have spent and how little return we have had and how much better our position was under SBR. Before he does that, I agree it's a disgrace and to have reached that halfway point of the season, looking to consolidate our position to avoid relegation is nothing short of disasterous.

If reports are to be believed, we may have a happier, more collective dressing room; but we appear to have an unhappy, directionless, disparate group of players on the pitch.

Please Sir...... can I have my unhappy dressing room that wins games back please?  :lol:

74548[/snapback]

I think the whole "happy dressing room" is utter nonsense anyway. We probably havea dressing room full of proper yes-man who are too frightened to say something against the tosser or his allies. I think every player knows that if he dares to criticize any action of Souness he has most likely played his last game for the club.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose if the recent reports of bust-ups are to be believed, then we don't even have a happy dressing room.

I'd like to change part of my original post. I refered to the players as an unhappy, directionless, disparate group of players. I'd like to change that to 'collection' of players as the word 'group' imply's Souness has organised them to a degree.

I'm not sure I agree with your bit on the players fearing their exit from the club if they critisise as, on one hand, I can't see Shearer and Given for example taking it lying down when the club's going south. Then again, I can't see them creating a situation whereby Shepard would have to choose between player and manager either, so I guess that blows a hole in that theory.......

Edited by maggiespaws

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking its more likely. The Mackems are doomed obviously, but are there two other teams in the division who are definitely worse than us? All the teams around us hav took points off us recently and this season is unusual in that two of the promoted teams are in the top half.

but are there two other teams in the division who are definitely worse than us?

79341[/snapback]

Thats my concern. Whilst many feel we are to good to go downi cant say that i`m confident that the likes of Birmingham, Pompey, Everton, Boro etc etc are certainties to go down with the Mackems.

Seems to be the new buzz word on here at the minute.  Who is genuinely, seriously of the opinion that we are in any danger of relegation this season?  Not just in a Dad's Army "We're doooooomed", something-to-finish-my-post-off with way, but a real genuine belief that we stand a greater than 50% chance of being relegated.

I'll stick my neck out and say we'll stop up this season.  No bother.

74068[/snapback]

bottom 6 without a doubt....if not for points in the bag through Owens goals we would be in serious danger, as yet we will be looking over our shoulders until the very end, we could quite easily sucked right into it with the spirit at the club flagging alarmingly now

Lower expectations has been mentioned a few times on here since Souness came in mind you

Edited by LeazesMag

Whilst it looks entirely possible we could go down, I think we have enough about us to drag our collective ar$es to safety. I can't see (perhaps I'm blinded by my optimism) the likes of Shearer, Given and a few others letting that happen. I also believe that, as piss poor as we are, there are poorer teams than us currently in the league.

This is where LM reminds us of how much we have spent and how little return we have had and how much better our position was under SBR. Before he does that, I agree it's a disgrace and to have reached that halfway point of the season, looking to consolidate our position to avoid relegation is nothing short of disasterous.

If reports are to be believed, we may have a happier, more collective dressing room; but we appear to have an unhappy, directionless, disparate group of players on the pitch.

Please Sir...... can I have my unhappy dressing room that wins games back please?  :yes

74548[/snapback]

I think the whole "happy dressing room" is utter nonsense anyway. We probably havea dressing room full of proper yes-man who are too frightened to say something against the tosser or his allies. I think every player knows that if he dares to criticize any action of Souness he has most likely played his last game for the club.

74699[/snapback]

precisely

I know someone who spoke to a certain injured central midfielder (signed by Souness) recently and, by all accounts, the 'happy dressing room' thing couldn't be further from the truth.

I know someone who spoke to a certain injured central midfielder (signed by Souness) recently and, by all accounts, the 'happy dressing room' thing couldn't be further from the truth.

79401[/snapback]

Toontastic exclusive tbh :yes

79402[/snapback]

B) True like.

Sunderlands first half display today against Chelsea is better than what we're seeing from Souness's team.

But let's give him more time, wait until he's got his first choice team on the pitch, like.

79488[/snapback]

Is anyone actually still saying that on here, as I don't think they are. Even Gemmill has given in.

Sunderlands first half display today against Chelsea is better than what we're seeing from Souness's team.

But let's give him more time, wait until he's got his first choice team on the pitch, like.

79488[/snapback]

Is anyone actually still saying that on here, as I don't think they are. Even Gemmill has given in.

79516[/snapback]

There's still one or two on an influential nufc forum, apparently.

Who cares about this bag of shite, too perpetual tbh.

79488[/snapback]

79516[/snapback]

There are only two people on here that keep saying it: Leazes Mag and HTL in their constant attempts at point-scoring.

79488[/snapback]

79516[/snapback]

There's still one or two on an influential nufc forum, apparently.

Who cares about this bag of shite, too perpetual tbh.

79521[/snapback]

There is even a whole bunch of them on Tyne Squawk, the nuthouse where Obi sometimes escapes from...

79488[/snapback]

79516[/snapback]

There are only two people on here that keep saying it: Leazes Mag and HTL in their constant attempts at point-scoring.

79525[/snapback]

Because I still find it totally unbelievable that anyone, EVER, thought that fuckwit would lead us anywhere other than in the shit like now

And believed all that utter crap about happy dressing room, better off, blah blah

We said we would be where we are, people said otherwise, we are saying now we are in real danger of being in a real relegation scrap unless he goes, and surprise surprise, complacency and blind optimism kicks in again

79488[/snapback]

79516[/snapback]

79525[/snapback]

Because I still find it totally unbelievable that anyone, EVER, thought that fuckwit would lead us anywhere other than in the shit like now

And believed all that utter crap about happy dressing room, better off, blah blah

We said we would be where we are, people said otherwise, we are saying now we are in real danger of being in a real relegation scrap unless he goes, and surprise surprise, complacency and blind optimism kicks in again

79535[/snapback]

Don't say that. According to Gemmill it means your mad and have no right to any comment.

79488[/snapback]

79516[/snapback]

79525[/snapback]

79535[/snapback]

Don't say that. According to Gemmill it means your mad and have no right to any comment.

79570[/snapback]

Show me where I said that please.

Thanks in advance.

There are only two people on here that keep saying it:  Leazes Mag and HTL in their constant attempts at point-scoring.

79525[/snapback]

79535[/snapback]

Aye, that's the important point, yet all Gemmill can see is 'point scoring'.

It's nowt to do with point scoring, it's trying to get the message across to those who appear to need a bloody jumbo jet attached to their heed to drag it out of their arsehole.

79488[/snapback]

79516[/snapback]

79525[/snapback]

79535[/snapback]

79570[/snapback]

Show me where I said that please.

Thanks in advance.

79571[/snapback]

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3476

There are only two people on here that keep saying it:  Leazes Mag and HTL in their constant attempts at point-scoring.

79525[/snapback]

79535[/snapback]

Aye, that's the important point, yet all Gemmill can see is 'point scoring'.

It's nowt to do with point scoring, it's trying to get the message across to those who appear to need a bloody jumbo jet attached to their heed to drag it out of their arsehole.

79573[/snapback]

I'm truly sorry that I don't think we're going to be relegated. It seems to have really annoyed you. ;)

Another mention for me in one of your posts though.....