Leon Best to Blackburn?

Tooj

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he means he's good enough for the championship but not good enough as a space filler as a "no other option" for a European squad

Aye hes not good enough for us currently even as backup, so if we want to improve he gota go really. When you think of the wages off the bill this summer its a massive amount of money really. Guthrie, Smith, Lovenkrands, Ranger and Best (more than likely) you'd expect a couple of good quality players in to replace them.

I think he's done well under Pardew in the Premiership, stepped up and scored some important goals after Carroll left and formed a solid partnership with Ba in the first half of last season that helped us stay near the top.

The biggest problem for me is his fitness as he seems to pick up niggling injuries, he's better than Ameobi as back up IMO.

If we can bring in a better back up then go for it but unless we have a considerable amount to spend then I'd rather not ship him out and replace him with De Jong, we've got more important places to fill in the starting 11 than buying depth for the attack.

he's a decent enough squad player, but we need better. Give the lad his due, he has done OK and always gave his best.

Basically to the point aye.

Guest CabayeAye

He'll bags loads of goals at his level, the championship, good luck to him.

Not sure about that, mate. The standard of Division 2 has improved a fair bit. Plus Best is shite.

I like Best because I like anyone that puts the graft in. Ultimately not good enough for where we want to be but has scored when we've needed to. All the best to the lad. We need two strikers brought in now though IMO. Unless we get De Jong and a young 'un in, similar to Good (if he's signed).

I like Best because I like anyone that puts the graft in. Ultimately not good enough for where we want to be but has scored when we've needed to. All the best to the lad. We need two strikers brought in now though IMO. Unless we get De Jong and a young 'un in, similar to Good (if he's signed).

The problem is the ANC where we could be without Cisse and Ba, however if Ba does go this summer then I can see Pardew being happy with a group of Cisse, De Jong, Hoilett and Shola, plus he will have the likes of HBA, Marveaux, Sammy and Ferguson for the wide roles.

I'll be glad to be rid of him. Not good enough for the Premier League and didn't particularly impress for the top end of the championship either. I can't really see why we ever bought him in the first place..

He puts the effort in but I can't say that I've ever thought he looked more of a grafter than anyone else and his lack of a footballing brain ususally meant that the effort he was put in was wasted.

I've got nothing more than him not being good enough against him though so good luck to him at Blackburn.

Guest CabayeAye

5 out and 1 in so far. Not that best start to building a squad capable of coping with 4 competitions. I'm sure Pardew has it sussed though

Losing players who are shite is a good thing. The likes of Smith and Best shouldn't be anywhere near our team. Bit disappointed about Forster and Guthrie though. The problem last season wasn't a squad thin on numbers, it was a squad thin on quality.