Olympics Football

LeazesMag

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

I only watched a bit of the match, but that Joe Allen looks shite. Weren't liverpool sniffing around him? He'd suit their midfield down to a T!

Jacqui Oatley has just said in passing that the womens GB football team won't be able to compete in the next olympics due to the home nations FAs essentially being a bunch of petty children which means the blokes won't either, its a youth tournament really but thats a real shame especially when the reasons for it are so shit. Ive enjoyed watching the GB teams and the brazilians so far

Jacqui Oatley has just said in passing that the womens GB football team won't be able to compete in the next olympics due to the home nations FAs essentially being a bunch of petty children which means the blokes won't either, its a youth tournament really but thats a real shame especially when the reasons for it are so shit. Ive enjoyed watching the GB teams and the brazilians so far

I don't get it, really. Numerous reassurances that they (Scotland and Wales) would remain independent, yet they still act like children and don't listen. What I also don't get is that surely if they lost their footballing indepedence (as it were), surely England would too to some extent?

It's a one off tournament every few years, shame they have to act like that.

Not sure where to post it but i'll try here. Is the club shop at the ground open on the day of Olympic games played at St James? I'm coming down tomorrow and fancy having a look about the shop.

I'm pretty sure it was open on Sunday for Olympic games. Seem to recall seeing people coming out of shop.

If I'm wrong don't hunt me down via my IP and torture me though eh? :thumbsup:

I don't get it, really. Numerous reassurances that they (Scotland and Wales) would remain independent, yet they still act like children and don't listen. What I also don't get is that surely if they lost their footballing indepedence (as it were), surely England would too to some extent?

It's a one off tournament every few years, shame they have to act like that.

It is a big IF but if one/both of the teams do well and get a medal (quite possible) then maybe the FAs will have a change of hearts. Here's hoping anyway.

Brazil are just coasting against new zealand but not in that shitty spanish way, lovely stuff

Shitty Spanish way ?

You mean, coasting but not in that way like the World Cup and Double European Champions winners way ?

I mean in the boring 80% possession way. just because somethings effective doesn't make it not shitty, especially in a spectator sport.

Getting a bit fed up of commentators saying things like 'a keeper of Butland's quality'. He's a youngster whose barely played competitive football - far too young to be throwing superlatives like that at him.