Chris Moyles quite Radio 1 breakfast show

ajax_andy

Aye, I like 6 these days. Craig Charles' show is class as it happens. Radio 2 is decent and I stick 4 or (more often) 5 on when I just want a bit of chat on in the background. I'd be far more likely to listen to Classic FM or 3 than Radio 1 though. Capital is even worse. I am getting old like but Metro was shite was I was a bairn so it's not just that. Whatever happened to Wear FM btw? Rave-tastic.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fond of some radio myself, often a lot of the comedy (the Goon Show and On The Hour particularly) and there's been some excellent dramas. Under Milk Wood, the adaptations by Orson Welles with The Mercury Theatre, BBC Radiophonic Workshop's stuff are all amazing. That makes me seem 15 years older than I am but there you go. I haven't actually listened to BBC4 for years but I used to quite like dropping off to their late plays. The shipping forecast is a step too far like.

Aye, I like 6 these days. Craig Charles' show is class as it happens. Radio 2 is decent and I stick 4 or (more often) 5 on when I just want a bit of chat on in the background. I'd be far more likely to listen to Classic FM or 3 than Radio 1 though. Capital is even worse. I am getting old like but Metro was shite was I was a bairn so it's not just that. Whatever happened to Wear FM btw? Rave-tastic.

Listened to that Craig Charles show for the first time the other day, very good. Was put off for a long while because I can't say I'm too much of a massive fan of him as he is but fair play to him.

:lol: I sort of miss how you don't get the shipping forecast with TMS being on 5LiveSportXtra on digital. TMS is brilliant like, since we're on the subject.

Listened to that Craig Charles show for the first time the other day, very good. Was put off for a long while because I can't say I'm too much of a massive fan of him as he is but fair play to him.

Similar with me tbh. Red Dwarf and its nerdy fans can fuck right off. He plays some great stuff though. I wonder what he listens to when he's on crack.

I've said before the best way they could improve an already decent show is to dump Craig Charles.

Huey Morgan's Sunday show is the best thing on radio- FACT! I AM RIGHT ABOUT THIS AND WILL BE IN 6 YEARS TOO.

Classic fm would be great if it wasn't for all the fucking adverts

Similar with me tbh. Red Dwarf and its nerdy fans can fuck right off. He plays some great stuff though. I wonder what he listens to when he's on crack.

Would quite like to see one of his DJ sets. Though him up there gyrating away to George Clinton might be a bit too much to stomach on 6 pints.

Would quite like to see one of his DJ sets. Though him up there gyrating away to George Clinton might be a bit too much to stomach on 6 pints.

It's not pretty,(but some of the skeetatch is)....

Is it shite. Does it have a bloke called COMEDY DAVE? Nar, try again.

:lol:

Huey's knob cheese is funnier than Comedy Dave

There really needs to be some Radio Death Squads who go around with high velocity machine guns assassinating every fucking 'posse' of grinning, inane, shit patter breakfast DJ's who think they're on a radio version of 'friends'. When I'm about to do a 12 hour shift it's just what I want to listen to. Awful, just putrid radio. 'Gary and Lisa' fuck right off, Simon Bates you colossal blob of grey boring matter, Tony 'fucking needs a good howking' Horne and his arse licking toadies, may your balls fester and your arses seize up and may I never have to listen to your shit on the way to work ever again.

Breakfast radio, man. It stinks. Who the fuck is their target audience? What kind of chinless gimp actually laps that shit up? Unreal, man.

I use to quite like Moyles when he did the afternoon shows, but the one thing I cannot stand is the 'star' surrounded by a band of sycophants all telling him how great he is. It's horrendous to listen to and Moyles managed to surpass Steve Wright and Chris Evans (of old). Haven't listened to R1 for years really. Shite.

Agree with 6 Music by the way. Cracking stuff generally.

Alan Partridge this week has local radio hosts down to a T like. It's on sky anytime now

Being a local radio DJ is a miserable existence though, you can bet your last pound that all those grinning buffoons on the sides of buses go home each night and hit the bottle before crying themselves to sleep.

Edited by Matt