Brewdog

Christmas Tree

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres one in manchester Ive mentioned a few times on here.

Beer is good, Punk IPA is a nice regular-ish strength one though they're all about the daft ones

Aye. It's been open about 6 months. The beer's good but pricey. I'm not so sure about the place itself. The crowd was a bit of a mixed bag, a bit like places like The Centurion, although that's better than the trendy twats I'd have expected it to attract. I think the decor's a bit shite. I quite like the stripped back industrial look but it's spoilt by fake girders etc. that make it look a bit cheap and nasty imo. Whatever though it's better than most bars in the Toon and definitely better than most of the ones down the Quayside.

Alex has nailed it like.

CT you should just have a read of the Burglar's Dog if you're after new places to drink.

Or ask us. Keep some places esoteric though, eh? ;)

Aye. It's been open about 6 months. The beer's good but pricey. I'm not so sure about the place itself. The crowd was a bit of a mixed bag, a bit like places like The Centurion, although that's better than the trendy twats I'd have expected it to attract. I think the decor's a bit shite. I quite like the stripped back industrial look but it's spoilt by fake girders etc. that make it look a bit cheap and nasty imo. Whatever though it's better than most bars in the Toon and definitely better than most of the ones down the Quayside.

Where about in town is it?...doubt if I'll get to any of the others...

"BrewDog currently has eight craft beer bars located in Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Manchester, Nottingham and London, with another in Birmingham opening soon."

Seen their beer in Sainsbury's, IPA and the blonde one...is it worth a go in bottles?...

Where about in town is it?...doubt if I'll get to any of the others...

"BrewDog currently has eight craft beer bars located in Aberdeen, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Manchester, Nottingham and London, with another in Birmingham opening soon."

Seen their beer in Sainsbury's, IPA and the blonde one...is it worth a go in bottles?...

It's down on the bottom of Dean Street, it used to be The Italian Job, then Wings. Not sure what it was after that. It's below the Surteess Hotel.

And aye, the beer's nice in the bottle. Basically the same as a lot of those US micro breweries like Sierra Nevada and Goose Island if you've had any of them.

I remember Diageo acted like twats when Brewdog were set to receive a brewer's award; threatened to withdraw funding of the event if one of their brands didn't win iirc.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/9255369/Scottish-beer-company-BrewDog-forces-Diageo-to-apologise-over-dirty-tricks-at-awards.html

Dummy out time...looks like Brewdog have identified a gap in the market jumped into it without needing, and by the sounds of it criticising companies like Diageo. Fair play to them. They look a bit "too cool for school" but the beer side of it appeals to me greatly.

It's down on the bottom of Dean Street, it used to be The Italian Job, then Wings. Not sure what it was after that. It's below the Surteess Hotel.

And aye, the beer's nice in the bottle. Basically the same as a lot of those US micro breweries like Sierra Nevada and Goose Island if you've had any of them.

Never had any of them here, but the first time I saw "craft breweries" was in the states in the mid 90s. I'll be giving it a go I reckon.

Theres one in manchester Ive mentioned a few times on here.

Beer is good, Punk IPA is a nice regular-ish strength one though they're all about the daft ones

It was the idea of getting some Random "craft" stuff that quite appealed.

Bit of a people watcher me thinks ;)

Alex has nailed it like.

CT you should just have a read of the Burglar's Dog if you're after new places to drink.

I think you get a canny steer off here tbh. I dont get up there a great deal, but we are going to try and get up for drinks and scran a bit more often. Cant be arsed to trail too far from Central station though. Nearly killed our lass walking back up from the Crown Posada (know what you mean about kids in there) :lol:

Well its safe :lol: Went once on matchday and found it a bit odd.

Funny you should say that, I've always found it a bit strange too. Does it still advertise itself as "world famous"? :lol: was it for the jukebox or something?..

They did do a cracking pint of McEwans 80 shiling in their once upon a time, it kept me nipping in from time to time..

Well its safe :lol: Went once on matchday and found it a bit odd.

It's shite now (new owners). It's only ever really been a place I went on match days anyway though. Still handy for the ground though, although not having a ST any more I've got no reason to go. It's basically like a Scream bar now iyam.

there is a cracking little micro brewery/bar in Manchester that Sam took me to the last time I was over there. All I remember is that is the ginger tasting ale. (No, not ginger beer or ginger ale you bunch of cunts)

there is a cracking little micro brewery/bar in Manchester that Sam took me to the last time I was over there. All I remember is that is the ginger tasting ale. (No, not ginger beer or ginger ale you bunch of cunts)

Marble Brewery place probably. ;)

CT you been to The Bridge Hotel before?

What about the Town Wall? The bait in there is lush as well if you and your lass are looking for a bite to eat as well.