Geordie Shore phrases

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sixth form college was horrid for it. Lads clearly spending ages in the morning getting ready and that, those of us normal ones who'd get up, bang on the first thing and go out would be looked at like cunts

I bought some espadrilles for holiday for 8 euros in the supermarket, thinking they might be a nice alternative to flip flops. You've just got to imagine them on skinny white legs, topped off with a canny paunch in the stomach area, a burned red bald spot and then you'll see the sense in them.

The espadrilles and plimsolls one is almost satrical in how perfectly it encpsulates the undefeatable marketing world of big business.

Everyone knows they're about as cool as Norris off Coronation street, but 5 years back a load of goths and hippies dipslayed their hatred for evil shoe making corporations that exploit foreign workers by wearing the shittest shoes they could get at £2 a pop off the market. These people didn't care about looking as mint as i do, they read No Logo and decided enough was enough. Millions of people couldn't live with themselves spending more on Adidas advertising than on Adidas production. So they switched to pound store tramp shoes.

The more people that made this stand, the more fashionable it became and the more people who hadn't read No Logo started wearing them to fit in. This went on to such an extent that Adidas wanted some of the new market and started making shoes just as shit as the ones being sold on Grainger market stalls. The twist being these styles save even more money on production, such basic designs can be knocked out much cheaper...and they STILL mark them up to an unbelievable degree, so people are paying £100 for plimsolls they'd have worn for PE at school which their mam paid 50p for.

The No Logo folk have improved profitability at Adidas.....and made my visits to the trainer shop that much shitter, it's all gash now.

Bastards.

I look back to my days in infant school and remember the utter devastation I felt when I had to put on my plimsolls for P.E. Now the daft twats wear them out of choice and walk with their floppy haired heads held high, tanning a large V onto their chests right down to their belly button with fucking scarfs wrapped around their bender necks.

I bought some espadrilles for holiday for 8 euros in the supermarket, thinking they might be a nice alternative to flip flops. You've just got to imagine them on skinny white legs, topped off with a canny paunch in the stomach area, a burned red bald spot and then you'll see the sense in them.

:lol: Sounds like one of Sid the Sexist's mates off the Viz cartoon.

other night i was walking home from a mates quite late down the cocaine strip and outside perdu this group of lads were assembled, wearing said daft 'shoes'. I tried to walk around them but couldnt so i walked through them, at one point standing on one of the lads feet with my doc martins. His exclamatory, my realisation.... I'd never felt more like a man in my life.

Those kind of pant - the Sinbad shit-catchers - how do folk actually get them on and off given the restricted hem ?

It can only be a lie on the bed with legs in the air sweating and floundering about like an upturned beetle job ?

:) I had Tom down as a boot-cut frayed at the hem kinda chap .

Interesting he's gone down this route .

CT rolls the canvas slippers doesn't he ? I wonder if he also subscribes to supplement the look ?

Must be murder to dive in if so like .

:) I had Tom down as a boot-cut frayed at the hem kinda chap .

What does that look say about a chap then?....

And at what age is it advisable to stop pairing the aformentioned jeans with, say, for example, converse trainers....a mate of mine goes around like that, early forties...

I'd think the freyed jeans would suggest a mildly care-free outlook, possibly coupled with an un-ironed t'er and a guitar in this case .

As for the Converse (if we're talking the bright canvas affairs) they've always struck me as being pretty garish in colourways and offering little comfort . If he's 40 or so - possibly a fan of Sting, is forced to watch the odd episode of Britain's Got Talent and drinks in places like Old Orleans at Haymarket . Maybe a leather jacket in there somewhere too .

'smart but casual' thems the rules .

Edited by LoveTheBobby