Shooting in Denver

catmag

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly. But without a gun he probably needed a rest after the butcher job so that was the extent of the unpleasantness. How much energy is used up by pulling a trigger?.... ;)

I would have thought if you were butchery inclined, hacking a head off would be somewhat envigorating.

5 Bellies is a barman in the Travs .

I heard that. In fact someone told me he was the manager. It could be he's working there and just told them he's the manager like. I haven't been in the Travs for years. Is it still fucking shite?

I would have thought if you were butchery inclined, hacking a head off would be somewhat envigorating.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on that one ;)

Suffice to say, theres less multiple shootings in this country because the psychologically violent have difficulty getting their hands on firearms.

Might've known Tex would ride into town to defend his beloved septics.

You can call me Tex from next Saturday for three whole weeks, as literally that's where I'll be. Nee firearms permitted at work though big signs all owa the place.

You can call me Tex from next Saturday for three whole weeks, as literally that's where I'll be. Nee firearms permitted at work though big signs all owa the place.

Ok, Tex.

I heard that. In fact someone told me he was the manager. It could be he's working there and just told them he's the manager like. I haven't been in the Travs for years. Is it still fucking shite?

The fella that took it on is from Ghead apparently and pretty sure 5's is just barstaff.

The manager recently bought it/got longer lease or summat and has spent a few quid on it (a beergarden - whey the side bit has been fenced off !)

Probs a decade since Ive been in but couple of mates go now and then when match is shown. Says it's always rammed, food on bar and drinks deals of £2 a pint and stuff . Still not for me like.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on that one ;)

Suffice to say, theres less multiple shootings in this country because the psychologically violent have difficulty getting their hands on firearms.

:D

btw there are 5 times the number of violent crimes per 100K of population here as there is there.

It's a futile discussion really, a nutter will be a nutter with whatever they have to hand, if it's a gun the chances are the incident will be more severe, but there won't necessarily be more incidents just because of guns.

We supposedly have no guns, but Whitehaven happened.

It's a strange debate actually, like most things you can't apply the "standards" of one country to another, 150-ish years ago a lot of Americans needed guns, we haven't really needed weapons as tools or for self defence in centuries.

I've got a mate who lives way out in the sticks in northern Wisconsin he said when he was a kid, if they couldn't "hunt" they could rarely eat meat, it's a completely different historical culture.

Personally I believe I should be able to own a gun for use in defence of myself or my property.

:D

btw there are 5 times the number of violent crimes per 100K of population here as there is there.

It's a futile discussion really, a nutter will be a nutter with whatever they have to hand, if it's a gun the chances are the incident will be more severe, but there won't necessarily be more incidents just because of guns.

We supposedly have no guns, but Whitehaven happened.

It's a strange debate actually, like most things you can't apply the "standards" of one country to another, 150-ish years ago a lot of Americans needed guns, we haven't really needed weapons as tools or for self defence in centuries.

I've got a mate who lives way out in the sticks in northern Wisconsin he said when he was a kid, if they couldn't "hunt" they could rarely eat meat, it's a completely different historical culture.

Personally I believe I should be able to own a gun for use in defence of myself or my property.

Got a link for that first sentence cos I suspect it's bollocks.

From a quick scan that article didn't support your claim specifically about violent crime. If you think you can compare international crime stats like that you're pretty misguided in any case for a host of reasons. Gun crime and homicide rates are much lower in the uk in any case. UK more crime than South Africa? Has it crossed your mind the Mail might have put a spin on this? :)

In the UK (population c. 60.5m) there were 765 reported incidents of murder for 2005-6 (Home Office, undated) – a rate of about 1.1 per 100,000.

In the US (population c. 298.5m) there were an estimated 16,137 homicides in 2004 (FBI, 2006a) – a rate of about 5.4 per 100,000. Of these, 10,654 were carried out with guns (FBI, 2006b).

I wasnt talking about violent crime in general, I was talking about multiple shootings TP. Hungerford,Dunblane, and as you say Whitehaven. All carried out by men with legally held guns.Thankfully very rare in this country, whilst Colorado alone has had two horrific incidents in not much more than a decade. Colorado's population is around 5 million, the UK's about 62 million. The difference is due to easy access to firearms in the US. I think that is pretty unarguable. But I'm sure you'll give it a go.

From a quick scan that article didn't support your claim specifically about violent crime. If you think you can compare international crime stats like that you're pretty misguided in any case for a host of reasons. Gun crime and homicide rates are much lower in the uk in any case. UK more crime than South Africa? Has it crossed your mind the Mail might have put a spin on this? :)

II was looking for crime stats, first tabulated form that came up, not specifically "homicide".

If the stats are correct, it would appear we have more violet crime per 100K of population than most. Of course theres a difference between homicide and assault, and assault is rarely terminal.

You can't reel in gun ownership in the States, it would be impossible. Guns are part of the culture and have been forever (and have been a real necessity for many in the very recent past).

The nutters will find a way, our very own resident nutter mentioned McVeigh, McVeigh didn't use a gun.

Mass murder/atrocity is not a gun thing, it's a nutter thing.

All the evil fuckers here who want a gun, probably have one already.

it's a simple equation really. more people kill each other with guns in america than they do here because pretty much any psycho can walk into a shop and buy one.

I wasnt talking about violent crime in general, I was talking about multiple shootings TP. Hungerford,Dunblane, and as you say Whitehaven. All carried out by men with legally held guns.Thankfully very rare in this country, whilst Colorado alone has had two horrific incidents in not much more than a decade. Colorado's population is around 5 million, the UK's about 62 million. The difference is due to easy access to firearms in the US. I think that is pretty unarguable. But I'm sure you'll give it a go.

The nutters in the US use guns, the serious nutters here don't use guns so much (because they're harder to come by) and then they find other ways, like home made explosives etc.

I mean really what's the difference between suicide "shooters" (Columbine) and suicide bombers like 7/7. Both wreaking death in large numbers for bizzare (only in their heads) causes/reasons.

There's no way gun availability in the US can now be contained, even if there was a will.

According to those stats I gave you, the murder rate in the US is over 5 times that of the UK, and 2/3 of them are committed with guns. Only an idiot couldn't see a causal link.

There's no way gun availability in the US can now be contained, even if there was a will.

This. There's no way to put the genie back in the bottle when there's something like 12 guns per person in this country.

This. There's no way to put the genie back in the bottle when there's something like 12 guns per person in this country.

If it results in one less murder then is it worth it? 10? 100?