Tuning freeview

peasepud

Anyone know anything about it? except that its "cooncil Sky" etc <_<

Never really had any problems in the past but the last couple of changes to channels etc dont seem to be getting to my tv. Ive done the usual scans but no new channels appear, for instance this new Channel 4-7 malarky which is supposed to be on Ch47. I find nowt.

Strangest one though is the FoodNetwork which only ever broadcast on Freeview between 6pm and 10pm but last week went to the full schedule the same as Sky etc. For me though I still get the message saying "will be back at 6pm". From 6 to 10 its fine though!

Is there any plan to boost the signal? My old TV upstairs received all the analogue channels fine; I updated it to a flat screen and now I just get BBC1 - sometimes. Also got a DAB radio which worked until I got new double glazing installed - now people sound like daleks. Add that to the LED lightbulb I bought which takes 5 minutes to fully turn on and it strikes me technology is going backwards.

If I could be arsed I'd just get another Virgin box but I really can't be. The radio thing really pisses me off though. 100 quid wasted, and shortly I won't be able to listen to radio at all in the kitchen unless my window is wide open.

You at coast aye ? Signal is poor . If its FreeVIEW you can get an inline ar ariel booster for around £15 off ebay, works a treat .

Run 2dab's and a freeview box off one booster in one room.

Got tv with integral FreeSAT and have to manually input some channells as normal scan doesn't pick them up despite showing 'good' signa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_free-to-air_channels_at_28%C2%B0E