Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to see the Athletics on the 4th Aug.

I get the heptathlon, mens 400m and 100m heats.

£65 for the morning.

Canny. I got volleyball, hockey and a seat up in the gods for the closing ceremony. For all I'd love to have been at the opening ceremony too, him indoors is away from tomorrow so I shall break open a good bottle of grape juice and enjoy it from the sofa in all my flag-nerd glory.

And the stadium is about 75% empty. Good start :)

There were 40,000 people there man! For women's football on a Wednesday afternoon in Cardiff with not one Welsh player in the team.

Don't be so bloody negative! :razz:

I'm going to see the Athletics on the 4th Aug.

I get the heptathlon, mens 400m and 100m heats.

£65 for the morning.

Going to be there for the evening session that day. 800m of the heptathlon, women's 100m, Mo Farah in the 10k and some form of jumping or other.

Been watching the docramentrys on the British athletes that have been on the bbc recently . Theyve been really good and a reminder as to their sacrifices and dedication etc. that's pretty much swept away what with all the 100ml drink allowances, only pay by Visa, Mcdonalds and all that fuckin shite. Last night's one about the judo kid was canny and the Tom Daley one was moving seeing the deterioration with his dad. The Ussain Bolt one a couple of weeks ago was great like. Couldnt fail to warm to him, seems a top bloke.

Anyway Im getting there, need to sort a viewing itinerary and get all the channels tuned to see some of it rather than whatever highlights package the bbc will have lined up. Its complicated.

4 hours in and the first major fuck-up has occurred when the North Korean women's football team walk off pitch at Hampden Park after South Korean flag wrongly displayed before their game v Colombia.

Oh dear :lol:

Canny. I got volleyball, hockey and a seat up in the gods for the closing ceremony. For all I'd love to have been at the opening ceremony too, him indoors is away from tomorrow so I shall break open a good bottle of grape juice and enjoy it from the sofa in all my flag-nerd glory.

How much did the closing ceremony tickets cost M ? The recent release of the remainder, with restricted view, were c900 rips I think I read !?

How much did the closing ceremony tickets cost M ? The recent release of the remainder, with restricted view, were c900 rips I think I read !?

They guaranteed the cheap seats - right up in the gods, but still - for both the opening and closing ceremonies would be £20.12 each, so that's what I applied for (and got, in the latter case). Would happily pay maybe £100 for the opening ceremony (I know, but I have a thing about them), but some of the prices being bandied about now are obviously just plain ridiculous.

Aye I'm getting into it now, glad I've got tickets to one of the footie games. Slightly off topic but I hope they have managed to foil all of the loons that would love to cause carnage in front of a worldwide audience.

A good Olympics will hopefully stand us in good stead for the WC some point in the future

They guaranteed the cheap seats - right up in the gods, but still - for both the opening and closing ceremonies would be £20.12 each, so that's what I applied for (and got, in the latter case). Would happily pay maybe £100 for the opening ceremony (I know, but I have a thing about them), but some of the prices being bandied about now are obviously just plain ridiculous.

Well that seems more than reasonable like :) Especially as it's bound to have a degree of wow factor just for 'being there' rather than on tv. I must say I'm intrigued to see what Boylo's come up with. I'm as sarky and sceptical as they come but at the end of the day I hope it's good despite (lazily) thinking 'oh its going to be shit with sheep, hills and london buses' or whatever. Eyes of the world and all that. I'll be there at 9pm infront of the box with me 3-d geps on hoping for the best !

Maybe Pearce knew something ?

"tsh - fuck HIM then"

Beckham lit the cauldron or whatever when 'the motherflame' was flown into the UK didn't he - hopfully ruling him out .

Can't see it but I'd love it to be Daley Thompson personally .

Edited by LoveTheBobby

I'm off to the Olympic Park on Saturday for Handball, only got one lot of tickets in the ballot. Only other venue I'd really want to attend would be in the Stadium itself but that swiftly sold out. Opening ceremony should be good, will watch the fireworks out the upstairs windows!

Maybe Pearce knew something ?

"tsh - fuck HIM then"

Beckham lit the cauldron or whatever when 'the motherflame' was flown into the UK didn't he - hopfully ruling him out .

Can't see it but I'd love it to be Daley Thompson personally .

He lit some cauldron or other yesterday (Thompson). Him or Redgrave would get my vote.

Was watching one of those 50 greatest moments type shows about the Olympics the other day. Anyway Daley Thompson comes up on it and they had Iwan Thomas talking about how he used to just do as he pleased (the whistling and his patter etc). He reckons he's been to a few black tie events with UK Athletics and Thompson just rocks up in a tracksuit cos nobody tells Daley Thompson what to wear. :lol:

Greek triple jumper Voula Papachristou posted a racist tweet and is therefore not coming to the games...

article-2178836-14365556000005DC-345_306x521.jpg

article-2178836-14365562000005DC-833_306x521.jpg

If it were up to me i'd let her compete but give her a spank for being such a naughty girl... :naughty: