Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed the English bird picking up a medal in the road race today, just a shame it wasn't gold. Adlington to it, but I don't see her getting a medal based on the heats (although I only watch swimming once every 4 years so what the fuck do I know?)

By the way, I didn't realise Frankie Boyle has an ongoing "feud" with Adlington where he basically mocks her appearance. What a fucking arsehole that bloke is. Double Olympic champion at 19 and that prick uses his celebrity to take the piss out of her.

By the way, I didn't realise Frankie Boyle has an ongoing "feud" with Adlington where he basically mocks her appearance. What a fucking arsehole that bloke is. Double Olympic champion at 19 and that prick uses his celebrity to take the piss out of her.

Going for the easy target rather than someone who deserves it typical of him, going for the easy laugh. Best of luck to her tonight.

BTW, can someone explain to the BBC team that you can't start claiming Lithuanian swimmers as British just because they're good at it.

Going for the easy target rather than someone who deserves it typical of him, going for the easy laugh. Best of luck to her tonight.

BTW, can someone explain to the BBC team that you can't start claiming Lithuanian swimmers as British just because they're good at it.

Shell be British national next year, you never know.

Well done Rebecca Adlington. Bronze in her weaker event. Frankie Boyle - shove it up your arse!

Why would Frankie Boyle want to shove Rebecca's medal up his arse ?

Finally got to see the first half of the ceremony last night, the bit up to where the athletes arrive.

Truly breathtaking event.

No longer in the "good on Aidan Burley" camp then? ;)

I enjoyed Charlie Brooker's (think it was him ?) "Burley to represent GB in the 200m backpedal" :)

Hey Meezer, you haven't tabled your insider's review of the opening ceremony yet ?

Dunno if you've seen tv highlights or whatever but interesting to hear how it compared to actually being there and how the scale of it compared, how folk reacted etc ?

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Hey Meezer, you haven't tabled your insider's review of the opening ceremony yet ?

I'm at the closing ceremony. Couldn't get opening tickets. :( Will have the camera ready for all the highlights from the inevitable Coldplay-fest in a couple of weeks' time though.

I'm at the closing ceremony. Couldn't get opening tickets. :( Will have the camera ready for all the highlights from the inevitable Coldplay-fest in a couple of weeks' time though.

:nah:

I'm at the closing ceremony. Couldn't get opening tickets. :( Will have the rifle ready for all the highlights from the inevitable Coldplay-fest in a couple of weeks' time though.

:aye:

Those girls who won the medals yesterday....judging by the commentary I've heard this morning they are now the historic equals of Pankhurst, Nigtingale,Elizabeth I and Boudicca. What a load of over the top jingoistic bollocks. What about the girls who won gold?...the one in Adlingtons race didnt even get a mention from the BBC! Adlingtons great iyam, she improved on her time which won gold in Beiging but that was only good enough fopr Bronze this time out so the 2 girls who finished ahead of her have really pushed that event on and they got no fuckin credit whatsover for that. The BBC need to get some perspecttive, its a sporting event, not a excuse to jizz over anyone wearing red,white and blue.