Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wonder with the Chinese. That lass was incredible, she just took off.

Swam her final 50m in a quicker split than Lochte swam to win the gold medal in the men's event. *Jimmy Hill chin rub*

Swam her final 50m in a quicker split than Lochte swam to win the gold medal in the men's event. *Jimmy Hill chin rub*

Somebody said Claire Balding is getting grief for rolling out that stat live to the nation last night. Didnt see it myself. Fair play to Balders is she did.

Did anyone go to the Spain game last neet? Apparently the Spanish did the old Man Utd trick of hounding the ref and got no where. It's just a shame GBR didn't have a good manager, because apart from Brazil there's no one to worry about. Would actually do us good to come second in our group, thereby not facing Brazil in the Semi.

Somebody said Claire Balding is getting grief for rolling out that stat live to the nation last night. Didnt see it myself. Fair play to Balders is she did.

She said after the event that there was question marks over it. Got a lot of time for Balding tbh.

My 8 year old is absolutely hooked on this and keeps giving me hourly updates on who's doing what and who's got a chance of winning.

Apparently the gymnastics at 3pm could be our first Gold.

Its like real life John Cravens Newsround. :lol:

She said after the event that there was question marks over it. Got a lot of time for Balding tbh.

Shes a good broadcaster like. Knows her onions and knows shes perfectly within her rights on the BBC to question shit like this. THe BBC dont have to keep advertisers and sponsors happy. I think the corporate world will get their fingers burnt if a whole nation's atheletes in certain diciplines are shown up to be mostly dopers. Watch this space.

My 8 year old is absolutely hooked on this and keeps giving me hourly updates on who's doing what and who's got a chance of winning.

Apparently the gymnastics at 3pm could be our first Gold.

Its like real life John Cravens Newsround. :lol:

Great to hear. Lets hope its an inspiration to everyone to get of their arses and get healthy and fit. Nice warm day, get out walking, on the bike or whatever rather than sitting in a shitty beer garden.

We have a raffle on at work at the moment to raise some cash for a charity. All the prizes are alcohol :lol: fucking joke.

I like some of the 'moves' with handball like . Watching yesterday and there'd be some 6' enormous derek flying in feigning an overarm jumpshot into the net that turned into a subtle 'nope - down below, too slow - sucka'

aye, it's class. Proper John Woo style leaps through the air from these Koreans and the Danish lasses just clothesline them to the deck. Was a stretcher job on the first day for on of them because some Spanish Tiote wiped this poor lass out when she was horizontal. The lads were a bit scared of falling on the leisure centre floor though. Obviously never played some fat lads at 5-a-side.

aye, it's class. Proper John Woo style leaps through the air from these Koreans and the Danish lasses just clothesline them to the deck. Was a stretcher job on the first day for on of them because some Spanish Tiote wiped this poor lass out when she was horizontal. The lads were a bit scared of falling on the leisure centre floor though. Obviously never played some fat lads at 5-a-side.

:lol:

:) brickwalling . 'The fairer sex' - aa nah !

The lasses hockey got a bit tricky yesterday too .

Japanese were losing and didn't like it up'em so started thwaking folk in the face with their bats and slamming the ball into England knees from point-blank ! No 'ah sozzers like' they just did their damage then tootled off !

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Did anyone go to the Spain game last neet? Apparently the Spanish did the old Man Utd trick of hounding the ref and got no where. It's just a shame GBR didn't have a good manager, because apart from Brazil there's no one to worry about. Would actually do us good to come second in our group, thereby not facing Brazil in the Semi.

Ive not seen it but someone said they actually pushed the ref?

Watched that Beth Tweddle on BBC online earlier, fucking hell, my eyes could barely keep up she was twisting all over the shop :lol:

:) brickwalling . 'The fairer sex' - aa nah !

The lasses hockey got a bit tricky yesterday too .

Japanese were losing and didn't like it up'em so started thwaking folk in the face with their bats and slamming the ball into England knees from point-blank ! No 'ah sozzers like' they just did their damage then tootled off !

:lol: Vicious lot, man when they're scorned. Ye watching the weightlifting? Wouldn't want to cross these lot after a few pints in the Raby