Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean Ampleforth? It's a private school run by Benedictine monks in N. Yorks. I know a few priests that were taught there, including Basil Hume and 2 of the Bishops of Hexham and Newcastle. It's a stunning place with stunning fees, as you say!

Aye thats the place.

Stunning. They didnt like the likes of us wondering around their grounds though!

Just reminded me of Benedictine. Discovered that when I was in my teens on ferry trips across to Germany. Not drank it for ages like. Its lush :D

you're born with a glass of it in your hand here!

Dai Greene's injuries this season catch up with him...nowhere in the 400m final..

Perry Shakes Drayton (would get it) makes it into the 400m hurdles final after the disqualification of a faster fastest loser...

Charlie Brooker:

I have no idea why some things qualify as Olympic sports and others don't, though there's an obvious and heavy class bias in favour of things you can imagine royals doing in a tapestry, such as archery or dressage. Falconry would surely be included if Ken Loach hadn't depicted a commoner doing it in the film Kes.

:lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/05/olympics-better-than-looked-on-tin

The GB pre-Olympics training camp in Portugal - did all and sundry go ?

Every person, every sport ?

Naa...just the athletics squad...or is that what you meant?...

thread hijack: cant find a cd copy of Glasgow Green anywhere :(

Naa...just the athletics squad...or is that what you meant?...

thread hijack: cant find a cd copy of Glasgow Green anywhere :(

I wasnt sure if it was for 'medal prospects' as it were.

GG, al fire a link through if I find one that's still active

feel for Dae Greene there; he was just a fraction out of the medals. frank and honest assessment in his interview too when he must have been absolutely gutted.

Did y get it ?

yeah cheers mate, sounds better than it did on the day strangely....cant imagine why.... ;)

When you've got 4 golds, is it easy to be magnamous when "the powers that be" dont let you try for a 5th?.....

Chris Hoy@chrishoy

I know I said I was off twitter til after 2mro but that was PHENOMENAL by Jason Kenny. So happy and proud of him, well deserved mate.

Class cyclist, class bloke.

yeah cheers mate, sounds better than it did on the day strangely....cant imagine why.... ;)

When you've got 4 golds, is it easy to be magnamous when "the powers that be" dont let you try for a 5th?.....

Chris Hoy@chrishoy

I know I said I was off twitter til after 2mro but that was PHENOMENAL by Jason Kenny. So happy and proud of him, well deserved mate.

Class cyclist, class bloke.

Was an awesome sprint by Kenny