Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but i'm right,reference the lack of skill.

What w talkin ? Are you putting forward that it's more luck than skill / most people could do it ?

Is an archer more skilled than a sprinter say ?

Is a marathon runner more skilled than a shot-putter ?

We can all row a boat but not as good as a TEAM GB gold medal winner but how much skill is there in rowing. With a few minutes coaching we would have the technique to row `properly'. Are you not getting mixed up with fitness. I don't see a reasonable amount of skill in either shotputting or marathon running.Technique is required in shotputting but what tequnique or skills are required in running 26 miles as quick as possible.Was the fastest runner in your football team the most skillful.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

We can all row a boat but not as good as a TEAM GB gold medal winner but how much skill is there in rowing. With a few minutes coaching we would have the technique to row `properly'. Are you not getting mixed up with fitness. I don't see a reasonable amount of skill in either shotputting or marathon running.Technique is required in shotputting but what tequnique or skills are required in running 26 miles as quick as possible.Was the fastest runner in your football team the most skillful.

Higher, Faster, Stronger no mention of more skilful.

Rowing is highly technical, thats why you can have huge fuckers like Pinsent who are all brute force rowing in the same boat as his Olympic gold winning collegue in the 4 in 2000 Tim Foster who was tiny by comparison but a brilliant "technical" rower with an extreamly efficient technique which more than made up for his lack of "power" compared with the aforementioned Pinsent, and also the others in the boat Redgrave and Cracknell.