Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

That lass Laura Trott, why aren't all women like her? She's sweet, innocent, humble, unassuming, giggly, what a canny lass. Hope she dominates the sport for years to come because it won't change her, I don't think anyway.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see Hoy's fatha interviewed on the highlights last neet :lol: ffs. He looks like Onslow (RIP) from Keeping up Appearances but even worse. Not a case of like fatha like son.

British Cyclling.... smug pricks employed by the bbc too, just dropping "I was incredibly lucky, I was in the stadium when Mo Farah won the 10k..." into the the conversation when they weren't part of the team covering the event...so theyre paid by public money in the first place, then jam their way into an event that the public in general has to win a lottery to be able to attend...the whole ticketing thing is fuckin abysmal. Dont know why its bothering me as it is always thus, but its like some pricks in the media just want to rub us pleb's noses in it.

British Cyclling.... smug pricks employed by the bbc too, just dropping "I was incredibly lucky, I was in the stadium when Mo Farah won the 10k..." into the the conversation when they weren't part of the team covering the event...so theyre paid by public money in the first place, then jam their way into an event that the public in general has to win a lottery to be able to attend...the whole ticketing thing is fuckin abysmal. Dont know why its bothering me as it is always thus, but its like some pricks in the media just want to rub us pleb's noses in it.

People taking advantage of perks in their job SHOCKER.

People taking advantage of perks in their job SHOCKER.

Well I did acknowledge that I'm not naiive enough to think this wouldnt happen, but if its literally a lottery for even the family members of those competing to get a ticket then the pubically funded BBC should be careful with how they broadcast who is on their guest list. And I'd suggest that even in the world of disgusting corporate nose troughing that we mere mortals shrug our shoulders to and just accept as "just one of those things", Chris Hoy's folks shouldve been given tickets in front of virtually fuckin anybody.

The Olympics have been fantastic, Really enjoying it. Got free tickets the other day :) was a fantastic evening and experience.

Even one of our own, RUBBING OUR NOSES IN IT!

I couldn't agree more with your last point. I'm not entirely who you're raging at though.

The bbc employees probably have passes that let them in to media areas. I dont think they all had first dibs on the tickets. Sure, As someone else said, it's British Cycling that nearly didn't give him a ticket.

Chris Hoy's folks shouldve been given tickets in front of virtually fuckin anybody.

They were. They had canny seats.

Right at the front, hanging their flag over the edge and allsorts man.

Dunno what you're moaning about .

It wasnt until he went publicthey got him tickets though

Sponsor Proctor and Gamble is also helping Team GB athletes' families with tickets."

To be fair, the sponsors in this case redeuce the ticket price by their sponsorship, so they deserve a few to hand out to staff and clients. Fair play to them for helping the atheletes' families out as well, seeing as the BOA would rather give the tickets they should have got to freeloaders from other Olympic Associations. And that still doesnt explain why BBC staff got in for fuck all.

Edited by PaddockLad