Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That lass Laura Trott, why aren't all women like her? She's sweet, innocent, humble, unassuming, giggly, what a canny lass. Hope she dominates the sport for years to come because it won't change her, I don't think anyway.

Yeah, but you're basing your character review on just an interview. In reality she's probably like all the rest...

;)

That lass Laura Trott, why aren't all women like her? She's sweet, innocent, humble, unassuming, giggly, what a canny lass. Hope she dominates the sport for years to come because it won't change her, I don't think anyway.

Bit like a 12 year old girl then?

Bet you hate lasses who talk back to you don't you :lol:

Looks like Blake is is trying to emulate his cockiness with that finish. Still the fastest qualifier, not that it means much.

Bolt was saying the 200 was his preferred event, which I didnt know.

MJ was making point today how other competitors almost exclude him from the equation and seemingly concentrate on going for runner-up !

Mentioned it before here but try to catch the docu on Bolt bbc had on pre Olympics. Great insight into his and Blake's training / rapport etc. Just dead sound blokes. Even retrospectively, it'll be top viewing. Can't think of a more appropriate phrase but 'I love Bolt me' . In terms of personality and achievement I find him truly amicable .

In fact the vast majority of competitors Ive found that way during this. Watched more of this Olympics than probably have all previous and picked up on more of 'what its all about' . I think what Im also saying is that Im going to have to de-sensitise myself when football starts again ! No comparisons in terms of personalities like !

. . Erm, what was the question again ? . . :)

This DQ for a false start rule in the sprints is far too harsh like.

Aye I thought that, 4 years of your life given to training that moment, gone in an instant. Any mistake made is probably down to the amount of adrenaline in your body at the time.

Yeah in the docu he talks through a race and aknowledges his slow start comparitively in a 100. Hes a fucking big egg too so takes a bit to power-up. He languidly talks of 'putting the boosters on' with a flying hand motion in it too. Just the relaxed way he does it, and without being arrogant is great like. Obviously need massive self-belief and a certain degree of psychology involved but he's still a top gent with it

Yeah in the docu he talks through a race and aknowledges his slow start comparitively in a 100. Hes a fucking big egg too so takes a bit to power-up. He languidly talks of 'putting the boosters on' with a flying hand motion in it too. Just the relaxed way he does it, and without being arrogant is great like. Obviously need massive self-belief and a certain degree of psychology involved but he's still a top gent with it

He's only fucking running bonny lad, it's not like he's invented a fantastic new theory about our universe or owt.

Anyway, Im immersing meself in this Olympic shit before we're all reminded how utterly fucked we are once it's ended :lol:

Bit harsh on the paralympians that mind.

Reported.

Edited by trophyshy

Bit harsh on the paralympians that mind.

Reported.

I once got into a heated debate with a Paralympian over the validity of the Paralympics, saying they were basically just a massive nod to PC

bullshit, whereas he reckoned they meant as much as the regular Olympics.

I won of course, he didn't have a leg to stand on.