Your opinions.

wolfy

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you tell me.

You're the one saying they're something else.

Tell me what that is.

I don't know what it is. Maybe gas or maybe some other element that burns cheaply and efficiently, I really don;t know, just as I really don't know if they are actually Nuclear powered.

All I'm saying is, I'm sceptical about them.

One thing about scientists, they can dazzle you with equations and chemical elements then baffle you with bullshit. :unsure2:

Like the scientists I worked with at AWE Aldermaston in the early 90s who were at the end of hugely distinguished careers in the field of nuclear armaments?....the same ones who invented,developed and oversaw the actual physical task of getting a raw lump of Plutonium and chucking it into a huge glove-box lathe and witnessed,as I did, the skilled operators actually machine a Trident nuclear warhead?

You're sort of right though. Once a nation gets nuclear capabillity, it encourages others to,which is where you get the phrase "Nuclear weapons have kept the peace in Europe since 1945" so in a way the whole world has been kept in check by having nuclear deterrents acting as the ultimate peacekeeper.

Edited by PaddockLad

Well there's a big surprise.

It's shouldn't be any surprise...I've already stated I'm simply sceptical, just as I am about a lot of stuff.

Nuclear power is something I probably will never know about fully as probably all of us won't.

And are you now also saying that as well as nuclear weapons being made up, nuclear power plants are just a great big lie too?

:lol:

I'm guessing you don't believe in Santa.

Didnt see this....I've worked at Douneray and Sellafiled too...any questions Wolfy, am only a click away :D

Didnt see this....I've worked at Douneray and Sellafiled too...any questions Wolfy, am only a click away :D

:lol:

Been in Sellafield myself too.

Clearly a Magic Dust powered facility.

Like the scientists I worked with at AWE Aldermaston in the early 90s who were at the end of hugely distinguished careers in the field of nuclear armaments?....the same ones who invented,developed and oversaw the actual physical task of getting a raw lump of Plutonium and chucking it into a huge glove-box lathe and witnessed,as I did, the skilled operators actually machine a Trident nuclear warhead?

You're sort of right though. Once a nation gets nuclear capabillity, it encourages others to,which is where you get the phrase "Nuclear weapons have kept the peace in Europe since 1945" so in a way the whole world has been kept in check by having nuclear deterrents acting as the ultimate peacekeeper.

Machining Uranium/plutonium is another magical trick though isn't it. It's supposedly so toxic that men can lathe it, tamper with it and everything else, then go home and say to their wives, " hey love, wash these overalls for tomorrow will you, I've been machining Uranium and Plutonium all day."

You say Nuclear warheads keep the peace, yet all we have is wars after wars, so keeping the peace is just a meaningless saying.

Sure, it's supposedly keeping the peace between the so called super powers, yet all these superpowers are probably Governed by one Governing body anyway.

How much have your electricity bills dropped since Nuclear power came to the fore?

Many people work at power stations, even those that are pushing buttons with Nuclear hazard signs on them and that's their job but it doesn't mean they know what goes on in a reactor, just the same as the security guard at the gate doesn't.

So,

Satellites and the Entire Physics of the Universe - Bullshit

World Trade Centre Attacks - Bullshit

Nuclear Weapons and Power - Bullshit

Next …

There's many more things Monkey.

Your last entry on Nuclear power-bullshit..I can't actually say it's bullshit but I do question the validity of it.

All workwear at Nuclear facilities is kept on site and strictly monitored you divvy.

Monkey, how easy is it to rig up a monitor to make crackling sounds or beeps. I have a stud wall finder that sounds like some radiation testers.

Of course overalls will be kept on site because Nuclear radiation is something no man wants to have on him so won't want to carry supposed radiated gear around would he and protocol will dictate what's brought on and off.

Nuclear power stations are shrouded in secrecy and Peter doesn't really know what Paul is doing, unless they are laggers, cleaners e.t.c.

Machining Uranium/plutonium is another magical trick though isn't it. It's supposedly so toxic that men can lathe it, tamper with it and everything else, then go home and say to their wives, " hey love, wash these overalls for tomorrow will you, I've been machining Uranium and Plutonium all day."

You say Nuclear warheads keep the peace, yet all we have is wars after wars, so keeping the peace is just a meaningless saying.

Sure, it's supposedly keeping the peace between the so called super powers, yet all these superpowers are probably Governed by one Governing body anyway.

How much have your electricity bills dropped since Nuclear power came to the fore?

Do you not think my scientist friends wouldve thought of all this? :lol:

They invented a whole department called "Helath Physics" that controlled employee's exposure to nuclear radiation. And of course they didnt take their overalls home for their wives to wash,all overalls used on the "dirty" side were removed and kept on the "dirty" side of the contamination barrier. Its all pretty much common sense really, which is probably why you're struggling a bit with it.

Thats not to say that its a "safe" industry generally...the first time I got a haircunt in Tadley (AWE is on the edge of the village) the girl, my own age at the time (I'd just turned 20 when I went there) told me of the 3 kids our age in the village who'd had childhood leukaemia, and that there were leukemia clusters around every nuclear site in then UK. So all this does point towards the whole "nuclear" thing being a tad on the danegerous side, wouldnt you agree?...

The rest of your post is too stupid to comment on. Hope this helps :)

They invented a whole department called "Helath Physics" that controlled employee's exposure to nuclear radiation. And of course they didnt take their overalls home for their wives to wash,all overalls used on the "dirty" side were removed and kept on the "dirty" side of the contamination barrier. Its all pretty much common sense really, which is probably why you're struggling a bit with it.

Thats not to say that its a "safe" industry generally...the first time I got a haircunt in Tadley (AWE is on the edge of the village) the girl, my own age at the time (I'd just turned 20 when I went there) told me of the 3 kids our age in the village who'd had childhood leukaemia, and that there were leukemia clusters around every nuclear site in then UK. So all this does point towards the whole "nuclear" thing being a tad on the danegerous side, wouldnt you agree?...

Overhead power cables are supposed to cause Leukemia, so the actual generation of electricity could be the factor for this.

Overhead power cables are supposed to cause Leukemia, so the actual generation of electricity could be the factor for this.

Pretty much a fallacy as far as research is concerned, but apocryphally there are cases where it could have been considered to have been a factor. I only know this because one of my closest friends from the village where I was brought up built a goregeous 4 bedroom house 100 yards from an 11kV sub station and his little boy is currently being treated for leukemia. But equally, there was a girl I was at school with from the next village 4 miles away who had it in the early 80s too. Proves nowt, but sadly my mate blames himeself and now lives in a farm cottage 2 miles outside the village, a long way from any power lines...

Pretty much a fallacy as far as research is concerned, but apocryphally there are cases where it could have been considered to have been a factor. I only know this because one of my closest friends from the village where I was brought up built a goregeous 4 bedroom house 100 yards from an 11kV sub station and his little boy is currently being treated for leukemia. But equally, there was a girl I was at school with from the next village 4 miles away who had it in the early 80s too. Proves nowt, but sadly my mate blames himeself and now lives in a farm cottage 2 miles outside the village, a long way from any power lines...

It's a shame for anyone to come down with any ailment, especially if it can be attributed to anything man made.

Not wanting to be insensitive PL, but is there any hard evidence of association or causation? Genuinely interested because the evidence was quite contradictory last time I looked. Also I was under impression radiation at Sellafield was within normal background limits?

Edit:

Soz, just read the first sentence again!

Edited by Renton

Haircunt :lol:

It's become clear that it's not a Mulder-esque search for the truth that drives wolfy, it is just that he doesn't understand things.