Your opinions.

wolfy

ah Renton. As usual, making statements and applying them selectively. Were you not an unemployed layabout when you were a student ?

Clearly, you mustn't have paid much attention to the English teacher to post such utter nonsense as this, which doesn't even qualify as a typo.

I've never posted as a student, but full time student's aren't unemployed anyway you freak. Obviously your lack of education has made you very bitter. :lol:

Edited by Renton

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never posted as a student, but full time student's aren't unemployed anyway you freak. Obviously your lack of education has made you very bitter. :lol:

what ? Who said you posted as a student ? Are you deranged :lol:

Anyway - full time students are workshy layabouts or not ?

You made the daft jibe towards wolfie not me lad.

Edited by LeazesMag

Anyone can make any assumption about when humans first roamed the Earth but no one has got any proof whatsoever of being anywhere near accurate enough.

Of course anyone can write a book based on their own findings, yet finding sites and ancient bones does not prove anything about how long humans have actually been on earth.

Aye, righto , I tried.

Mong.

what ? Who said you posted as a student ? Are you deranged :lol:

Anyway - full time students are workshy layabouts or not ?

You made the daft jibe towards wolfie not me lad.

I had a job while I was a student so did a few of my mates, others who didn't have jobs were studying over 38hrs a week so I'd not call them workshy either. Unsurprisingly the truth is that there are workshy layabouts with full time jobs, there are studious and hardworking students, there are hard grafting workers and lazy as sin students.

Leazes, why are you so vehemently anti higher education? Were you rejected from all the uni's you applied to? Did your first wife run off with a guy who got a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy?

I've never understood this stance against the people with degrees. It's a very Bible-Belt-America way of thinking.

I had a job while I was a student so did a few of my mates, others who didn't have jobs were studying over 38hrs a week so I'd not call them workshy either. Unsurprisingly the truth is that there are workshy layabouts with full time jobs, there are studious and hardworking students, there are hard grafting workers and lazy as sin students.

Leazes, why are you so vehemently anti higher education? Were you rejected from all the uni's you applied to? Did your first wife run off with a guy who got a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy?

I've never understood this stance against the people with degrees. It's a very Bible-Belt-America way of thinking.

vast majority of students, like immigrants, are workshy wankers only after the benefits. Fact. If you are happy with subsidising them, more fool you.

Notice I'm not saying all of them in both cases.

vast majority of students, like immigrants, are workshy wankers only after the benefits. Fact. If you are happy with subsidising them, more fool you.

Notice I'm not saying all of them in both cases.

:pmsl: What utter unmitigated bollocks. Neither I, or any of my friends who attended university are on benefits. They all went straight from studying to working without needing to sign on or owt.

Compare that to my mates who didn't go to university, most of them are on subsidies of some sort, be they Family Benefits, Job seekers or whatever. None of my mates went to Uni to avoid work, they all did it to ensure they got a better job when they were done. To say they were work-shy, or after benefits is just pure fabrication.

You're talking shit Leazes and you've, in this one post alone, proven you are bitter about Students better than any parody of you could.

Most importantly, this thread was about wolfy and his conspiracy theories, but clearly you feel like you're not getting the attention you crave, so yet again you've tried to draw our gaze to you. Pitiful really.

:pmsl: What utter unmitigated bollocks. Neither I, or any of my friends who attended university are on benefits. They all went straight from studying to working without needing to sign on or owt.

Compare that to my mates who didn't go to university, most of them are on subsidies of some sort, be they Family Benefits, Job seekers or whatever. None of my mates went to Uni to avoid work, they all did it to ensure they got a better job when they were done. To say they were work-shy, or after benefits is just pure fabrication.

You're talking shit Leazes and you've, in this one post alone, proven you are bitter about Students better than any parody of you could.

Most importantly, this thread was about wolfy and his conspiracy theories, but clearly you feel like you're not getting the attention you crave, so yet again you've tried to draw our gaze to you. Pitiful really.

bitter ? Haha, don't make me laugh. Most people on here would kill to be able to retire early like me, stop being so daft.

I knew you would completely disregard where I said I wasn't tainting them all with the same brush though, but it's the intellectually challenged ones, such as who has surfaced in this thread making comments that look down on people, who make me laugh.

FWIW, I think wolfy has made some very interesting points, and only someone with a severe intellectual complex could say otherwise and question his way of thinking in such a way. What does being being unemployed have to do with it ? Does being unemployed mean you are some sort of intellectual simpleton ? Do all students have such an opinion of themselves they spout such utter nonsense ? My point is quite straightforward, if someone thinks in such a way, what did they think of themselves when they were unemployed ? Who is to say they will never be unemployed ? What sort of "intelligent" viewpoint is that ?

Maybe the way a lot of people view them ie students, is part of their own doing sometimes.

Edited by LeazesMag

bitter ? Haha, don't make me laugh. Most people on here would kill to be able to retire early like me, stop being so daft.

I knew you would completely disregard where I said I wasn't tainting them all with the same brush though, but it's the intellectually challenged ones, such as who has surfaced in this thread making comments that look down on people, who make me laugh.

FWIW, I think wolfy has made some very interesting points, and only someone with a severe intellectual complex could say otherwise and question his way of thinking in such a way. What does being being unemployed have to do with it ? Does being unemployed mean you are some sort of intellectual simpleton ? Do all students have such an opinion of themselves they spout such utter nonsense ? My point is quite straightforward, if someone thinks in such a way, what did they think of themselves when they were unemployed ? Who is to say they will never be unemployed ? What sort of "intelligent" viewpoint is that ?

Maybe the way a lot of people view them ie students, is part of their own doing sometimes.

Typical of you though isn't it. "The majority are workshy lazy wankers, but I'll not say all so I've got an exit from this when people show that this statement isn't true."

The vast majority of students aren't "in it for the benefits", so you're again, showing yourself up.

There's nothing wrong with challenging authority, and not buying into every line from the media, or the government. There is a problem when you dismiss all evidence to the contrary, there is a problem when you're no longer doubting are instead blindly denying. Parky challenges the status quo and doubts the party line, but he does so and backs it up with evidence to support his beliefs.

That's the difference. A difference that seems lost on you.

Fish, the speaker of truth.

Im a full time MA student at Durham Uni and for the duration of the one year course I have had two jobs totalling on average between 20-25 hours a week. Would have loved more shifts than that as well.

Jus' sayin' :glare:

Edited by ADP

Fish, the speaker of truth.

in actual fact, Renton made a rather stupid uncalled for comment aimed at wolfy [typical Renton mind] and so I asked him to explain what he meant ? You ought to have picked that up, rather than choose to reply for him then blame me later for "hijacking" the thread.

Check it out and see.

By the way, I knew that you or someone else would do exactly that.

Typical of you though isn't it. "The majority are workshy lazy wankers, but I'll not say all so I've got an exit from this when people show that this statement isn't true."

The vast majority of students aren't "in it for the benefits", so you're again, showing yourself up.

There's nothing wrong with challenging authority, and not buying into every line from the media, or the government. There is a problem when you dismiss all evidence to the contrary, there is a problem when you're no longer doubting are instead blindly denying. Parky challenges the status quo and doubts the party line, but he does so and backs it up with evidence to support his beliefs.

That's the difference. A difference that seems lost on you.

the reality seems lost on you, sadly.

What does being a student have to do with "challenging authority" ? I'm saying that a hell of a lot of them are workshy layabouts, with no idea what they want to do in life, happy to claim benefits while doing nothing for it, and that;s a fact.

What is this "gap" year by the way that has suddenly invented itself in the past few decades ? Is this not an excuse to loaf around while someone else pays for it or not ?

Edited by LeazesMag

in actual fact, Renton made a rather stupid uncalled for comment aimed at wolfy [typical Renton mind] and so I asked him to explain what he meant ? You ought to have picked that up, rather than choose to reply for him then blame me later for "hijacking" the thread.

Check it out and see.

By the way, I knew that you or someone else would do exactly that.

I was simply agreeing with Fish that you are a self centred cock.

the reality seems lost on you, sadly.

What does being a student have to do with "challenging authority" ? I'm saying that a hell of a lot of them are workshy layabouts, with no idea what they want to do in life, happy to claim benefits while doing nothing for it, and that;s a fact.

What is this "gap" year by the way that has suddenly invented itself in the past few decades ? Is this not an excuse to loaf around while someone else pays for it or not ?

If you can't see that I was responding to your post in order, then there isn't much I can do for you. :lol:

By the way, it's not a fact, it's your opinion. An opinion based on nothing but the inputs you choose to value and none others.

The Gap Year has been around for fucking ages man, it was normally only the wealthier that could afford to do it, but when the price of round the world tickets dropped, suddenly young people found they could not only travel the world and get real world experience (which you seem to only value if it fits within your framework... no surprises) but do it without bankrupting themselves.

And again, this is about wolfy and his conspiracy theories, not your right of centre political leanings, so please, put them in a new thread if you want to discuss them.

I was simply agreeing with Fish that you are a self centred cock.

but you are predictably blaming me for "ruining" the thread when it was someone else who made the initial daft comments ? Why not leave Renton to reply himself rather than jump in like a self centred cock ?

What benefits is he on about? The massive debt most students find themselves in thanks to loans?

edit; Oh wait, did you mean something like the HMV student discount, Leazes? Won't lie, I made the most of that during my student days.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

If you can't see that I was responding to your post in order, then there isn't much I can do for you. :lol:

By the way, it's not a fact, it's your opinion. An opinion based on nothing but the inputs you choose to value and none others.

The Gap Year has been around for fucking ages man, it was normally only the wealthier that could afford to do it, but when the price of round the world tickets dropped, suddenly young people found they could not only travel the world and get real world experience (which you seem to only value if it fits within your framework... no surprises) but do it without bankrupting themselves.

And again, this is about wolfy and his conspiracy theories, not your right of centre political leanings, so please, put them in a new thread if you want to discuss them.

you saying students aren't workshy layabouts and settling for living on benefits rather than grow up and get into the real world, is only your opinion too I'm afraid, which fits into your framework [surprise surprise].

As you have already made up a few things in this thread, that you call facts, I think you should quit before you look even dafter. Most people who aren't students know that most students are workshy bellends.

By the way, if you want an example of someone with what you may call a well balanced political view, see my sig :lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

No mate.

Read it back.

I didn't blame you or anyone else for ruining this thread.

At least be accurate.

why not let Renton answer his own question ? Which he still hasn't done in actual fact ...........