Leazes Mag

JawD

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record the mods have persevered for a good amount of time on Leazes, that is patently obvious. I spring to his defence cause it's the way I am and is no reflection on moderation.

Im close to it, my finger is hovering :lol:

Thing is, I wanted to post this to let people know what had been done. Not so that LM could be strung up and beat with sticks where he cant defend himself and not to open a floodgate for people to get all Eastenders-like.

:lol:

perhaps that's true of a tiny minority of trolls, but most of them, in my opinion, are seeking to get a laugh out of someone / anyone - they don't know you; you don't know them & the opportunity for a quip or jibe that gets them some kudos for being a wisecracking comedian will always be taken. don't lose sleep over it.

I dont and I know the difference between someone having a laugh and someone being unecessarily personal. Its not a fine line, some people wouldnt stroll up to someone they vaguely knew in a pub and speak to them like they do on here. Taking the piss is fine, but there is a line in the sand iyam.

I dont and I know the difference between someone having a laugh and someone being unecessarily personal. Its not a fine line, some people wouldnt stroll up to someone they vaguely knew in a pub and speak to them like they do on here. Taking the piss is fine, but there is a line in the sand iyam.

the fine line is, of course, a matter of personal opinion; mickey taking to one will be either emotionally wounding or seriously inflammatory to someone else.

as i say, my rule of thumb is that is someone acts up towards me (regardless of their motivation), i simply put them on ignore or, in the case of LM, don't read what they say 99.9% of the time, as it was of no interest to me

Even fewer people would make their friends look like bitchy snides in front of people they have never met as well. I'll say nothing more about "Ian", or other people (who I know personally) and their views on him, I'm sure I'll see him at NSFC at some point this season.

Shame that, to use a music analogy everything is better when it's not popular or in an intimate setting, but eventually the better bands have to play stadiums.

Band members can change though so if needed they can hoof Stephen Adler and bring in Matt Soroum to stop him dragging the place down.

(if that's the consensus)

Never took you as the type of lad who indulges in crystal meths like.

Guess Renton and Gemmil will let us know shortly ;)

:lol:

I think Renton has loads of good points, without arse licking I've used this forum enough to make the assertion that whether it's about football or life in general, Renton is easily one of the top three most intelligent people on this board. However, IF he hadn't have said he was leaving last night, LM would still be here. I might possibly be wrong but that's my feeling.

It was just a matter of time Stevie, I was a catalyst nothing more. Btw, just worked out how to access my pms on the phone. Cheers for the kind words guys! ;)

If people are sending you nice PMs, then I guess it's left to me to say that I hope you follow through on your decision to leave. :razz:

So what sort of banning is this one, a probationary one? A year long banning? A British life sentence (14 years)? Or a yank one banned with no hope of parole?

Through all of this, LM should have been given stringent guidelines as to what the mods thought was acceptable, so we couldn't reach the sad point we're at today.

Through all of this, LM should have been given stringent guidelines as to what the mods thought was acceptable, so we couldn't reach the sad point we're at today.

Fuck me, have you even read this forum over the last few years? We've done nowt BUT give him guidelines/advice/warnings, both in public and private. Get over it.

He was Stevie, that was the period we have just went through. If you read back since he was last put in the Creche he came out and was fine. then slowly he has ramped up to where he was before. I have tried to engage him on a fair few occasions but that was very frustrating when he only replies to part of your question and avoids others. The thing is with LM, look on old forums where he created threads. When he is actively engaged in discussing positives about NUFC he could be a cracking poster. I actually enjoyed talking NUFC with him from time to time but you had to do it through gritted teeth at times. If he hadnt become such a bitter bloke who paid more attention to those he seems to have long standing grudges with and spent more time creating topics and engaging in good debate (not the same old fucking rotation of opinion even if it is irrelevant to the topic with little veiled swipes) he'd still be here and would be a good poster.

It wasnt just the Renton thing, it was the majority of that thread. It was mods having to move his posts. In the end, I think every Mod/Admin agreed with action taken. As I said, we were damned if we did and damned if we didnt. The board is to cater for the majority where possible.

Fair enough Catmag and JawD. Certain posters, who I like I may add, seem to be celebrating this like the Libyans when Gaddafi's corpse was paraded. Bad taste in my view.

If he was going to go it would have been better for him to go when he was on a rampant spree, not for pulling up Renton for bringing a posters employment status into a discussion.

Some recent examples

On the shooting in Denver....

uncivilised cavemen in other parts of the world who slaughter innocent people and actually encourage the UK to take them into our country and tell us we have to put up with them spouting on about their "rights" etc.

On John Terry....

I also think that we shouldn't have to put up with and live among scumbags such as Abu Hamza [of which there are many more than the brainwashed kids think], telling us what we can and can't do, can and can't SAY [read that word out to yourself], while sponging off a country that they hate while having no intention to work and put anything into it either, but we do.

There's loads of evidence of his trolling. There's not been a knweejerk to that or to Renton.

I tried my best for the lad. he was his own worst enemy unfortunately.

Some recent examples

On the shooting in Denver....

On John Terry....

There's loads of evidence of his trolling. There's not been a knweejerk to that or to Renton.

I tried my best for the lad. he was his own worst enemy unfortunately.

:lol: They're the best examples you can find?!?!?