Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur

Christmas Tree

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're a top side, let's have no confusion about that. This is no easy game. A win would be fantastic but I wouldn't be overly disappointed with a draw as long as we play our own game.

Apparently Spurs have looked very leaky in their warm up games under AVB. he's been getting the defence to push up and with Dawson / Kaboul / Vertonghen at CB, they have very little pace so hopefully we can exploit in behind with Cisse's movement.

Apparently Spurs have looked very leaky in their warm up games under AVB. he's been getting the defence to push up and with Dawson / Kaboul / Vertonghen at CB, they have very little pace so hopefully we can exploit in behind with Cisse's movement.

Dawson is shite, Cisse and Ba should be able to exploit that if there's space around.

It's still a false achievement given the fact he spent way above their means which has lead them into the situation they are currently in.

Well off the top of my head given the financial problems these clubs faced in the aftermath, by your reckoning all of these clubs had false achievement:

Borussia Dortmund - Champions League Winners 1997 - False Achievement

Rangers - SPL Winners 1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011 - False Achievement

Leicester City - League Cup Winners - 1997, 2000 - False Achievement

etc... etc.....

In fact given the fact Newcastle were a bigger club financially than Chelsea before Abramovic, and a bigger club than Man Ciy before

the Arabs, you could say Chelsea's three league titles, four FA Cups and their Champions League, as well as Man City's BPL title, are all false achievement, but you wouldn't turn around and say aye Jose he won all those trophies, false achievement though because they were artificially supported and spending outwith their natural means.

It won't be an easy game, but we're good at home and we're looking alright in pre-season. Debuchy coming in would be a massive boost as I'm not sure Simpson getting caught out of position would do us any favours against a pacey team like Spuds.

We are a bogey team for them, often an easy 6 points each season but they're a tidy outfit now. If Bale & VDV are injured and Modric is sold though then it's a massive loss for them and they'll struggle to fill the void. Good time to potentially play them...

Well off the top of my head given the financial problems these clubs faced in the aftermath, by your reckoning all of these clubs had false achievement:

Borussia Dortmund - Champions League Winners 1997 - False Achievement

Rangers - SPL Winners 1999, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2011 - False Achievement

Leicester City - League Cup Winners - 1997, 2000 - False Achievement

etc... etc.....

In fact given the fact Newcastle were a bigger club financially than Chelsea before Abramovic, and a bigger club than Man Ciy before

the Arabs, you could say Chelsea's three league titles, four FA Cups and their Champions League, as well as Man City's BPL title, are all false achievement, but you wouldn't turn around and say aye Jose he won all those trophies, false achievement though because they were artificially supported and spending outwith their natural means.

Aye because that's the same like. :lol:

Aye because that's the same like. :lol:

Well it's ridiculous diminishing Redknapp's achievement in winning the FA Cup, and making them a good BPL club because he was allowed to spend money beyond what the club could afford. It's not even like Portsmouth were spending more money than us or Tottenham.

What the fuck is the BPL?! :lol:

Barclays Premier League. I guarantee Owen Coyle said those words more times last season than his wifes name, although not next season he won't.

Guest CabayeAye

Why don't we just go back to Division 1? The Premier League has ruined football in this country, it really has.

Why don't we just go back to Division 1? The Premier League has ruined football in this country, it really has.

How? When I started going to games in the late 80's you had a bad neck at the finish the ball was in the air that much. Stoke City of today, would be the most cultured team in English football then. In terms of supporters I'd agree it's ruined, but that's more how life has evolved and how people are today than the actual football.

it took more than a change of name and sky money...the findings of the Taylor Report into Hillsborough forced through the most fundamental changes...and the Popplewell Report into the Bradford City fire in 1985. Dont think some of the worlds best players wouldve come to patched up Victorian and Edwardian stadiums for too long.

Guest CabayeAye

The football would have improved anyway. What the PL has done is make money too much of a factor. If we scrapped transfer fees altogether, forced players to honour their contracts, limited players to £5,000 per week and put a cap of no more than 5 non-English players per squad of 23, we would have a highly competitive league of good English players, ticket prices of around £5-£15 and the footy would be easily available on the BBC/ITV.

Never going to happen though, because FIFA would need to enforce these rules world-wide, and the bribes/players claiming slavery would prevent it from happening.

The football would have improved anyway. What the PL has done is make money too much of a factor. If we scrapped transfer fees altogether, forced players to honour their contracts, limited players to £5,000 per week and put a cap of no more than 5 non-English players per squad of 23, we would have a highly competitive league of good English players, ticket prices of around £5-£15 and the footy would be easily available on the BBC/ITV.

Never going to happen though, because FIFA would need to enforce these rules world-wide, and the bribes/players claiming slavery would prevent it from happening.

It's not 1980's USSR you know. As if that would work in a market driven capitalist country.

Fuck me. Just because you can't make a bob decorating some cunts garden doesn't mean everyone else has to suffer.

Why not restrict clubs to raising orphans and only allow them to play only the orphans they produce themselves, pay them nothing, but provide all they need.

Namby pamby Fifa probably won't allow it, but it solves the money problem....as well as the adoption crisis we face in the uk.

Guest CabayeAye

Fuck me. Just because you can't make a bob decorating some cunts garden doesn't mean everyone else has to suffer.

I earn a salary, so capitalism doesn't really bother me, like.