Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur

Christmas Tree

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two weeks today man!!!!!

How fucking mint is that?

This time in two weeks I'll be on the metro anticipating that first matchday pint of the new season.

Late kick off means there'll be too much drink and too many match time trips to the loo but hey ho!

Cmonnnnnnnn!

Guest CabayeAye

Counting down the sleeps!! Our aim this year will be top 4! That would be a fantastic result if we can accomplish that!.

Very achievable.

Tickets arrived... With the sports direct logo on one side of the ticket parallel with virgin money, yet they don't actually refer to the 'name' of the stadium anywhere

Edited by CleeToonFan

Tickets arrived... With the sports direct logo on one side of the ticket parallel with virgin money, yet they don't actually refer to the 'name' of the stadium anywhere

I don't care wots on the tickets as long as I get at least one when I plant my feet in Gosforth on Friday. I'll be back 'home' until Sept. 10th but sadly there are only 2 home games while I'm back.

How? When I started going to games in the late 80's you had a bad neck at the finish the ball was in the air that much. Stoke City of today, would be the most cultured team in English football then.

Speak for yourself mate! Spurs played some lovely football in the 80s thank you very much.

Bit worried about the game, we've had a mixed pre season performance wise, and as usual it seems everything is being left until the last minute in terms of finalising the squad.

I literally have no idea who will start up front for us on the 18th, Bale played there last game!

Guest CabayeAye

Speak for yourself mate! Spurs played some lovely football in the 80s thank you very much.

Bit worried about the game, we've had a mixed pre season performance wise, and as usual it seems everything is being left until the last minute in terms of finalising the squad.

I literally have no idea who will start up front for us on the 18th, Bale played there last game!

Don't worry about it mate, just make sure that us humping you doesn't start a terminal slide.

Tottenham were hammered in Spain tonight, friendlies are friendlies though I suppose.

One thing I will say though is I expect us to win, and I'll be gutted with a draw, we need 3 points with Chelsea away the week after. 4 points from 2 games would be a decent start, 1 point a poor return in my view. I'd go 4 3 3 Ba and Benny on the sides, instead of the rigid formation we employed at "The Lyne".

Tottenham were hammered in Spain tonight, friendlies are friendlies though I suppose.

One thing I will say though is I expect us to win, and I'll be gutted with a draw

That's big talk McFaul.

We weren't hammered in Spain tonight, in fact, I reckon we played quite well.

We were out done by two sublime goals having pretty much dominated.

If I have a concern it's our new defensive system, it's bordering mental - The new plan seems to be, Spurs go forward and "fuck it".

The defence is so high it's untrue, I'm praying the defenders have the ability to get back once even the most simple ball over the top is played or we'll be in trouble.

Before the game tonight I watched the first half of Liverpool's game and almost every attack they had was over the top with fast forwards running on to the ball, if they play it right it could rip us open.

Early days though, and we were missing probably 50% of our team.

That's big talk McFaul.

We weren't hammered in Spain tonight, in fact, I reckon we played quite well.

We were out done by two sublime goals having pretty much dominated.

If I have a concern it's our new defensive system, it's bordering mental - The new plan seems to be, Spurs go forward and "fuck it".

The defence is so high it's untrue, I'm praying the defenders have the ability to get back once even the most simple ball over the top is played or we'll be in trouble.

Before the game tonight I watched the first half of Liverpool's game and almost every attack they had was over the top with fast forwards running on to the ball, if they play it right it could rip us open.

Early days though, and we were missing probably 50% of our team.

I don't see how expecting to beat Tottenham at home is "big talk" to be quite honest. I'm sure you expect to get a result off us at WHL, we should be capable of getting results off better sides than you at home. It'll be interesting to see if any big names come in for us before next Saturday though.

I just sense that you'll drift back off to what was your natural position in the Premiership with this bloke in charge, which was 8th-15th battling with the likes of Fulham and Villa, no one could've done a better job than Harry, and if you have 15 years of mid table mediocrity like you did in the 90's and 00's then Levy only has himself to blame. I'll be honest I never dreamed Tottenham were a big enough club to sustain top 5 finishes, Redknapp proved me wrong, built the best Tottenham side since the 60's in my view, and they got rid of him. Absolutely incredible really.

My record home and away watching Newcastle against Tottenham, is P27 W18 D5 L4, so forgive me for expecting to get a result.

Edited by McFaul

nowitz-richard-a-man-fishing-from-the-shore-and-a-fishing-boat-in-water-at-sunset.jpg

:lol:

There's a few teams tried to get established in or near the CL spots but it's hard and Man City's money has made it harder. Spurs may well drift away but they've still got a better chance than Liverpool at the minute, think Chelsea will improve and am genuinely unsure how we'll get on with a Euro campaign and no idea of our squad post-transfer window.

nowitz-richard-a-man-fishing-from-the-shore-and-a-fishing-boat-in-water-at-sunset.jpg

:lol:

There's a few teams tried to get established in or near the CL spots but it's hard and Man City's money has made it harder. Spurs may well drift away but they've still got a better chance than Liverpool at the minute, think Chelsea will improve and am genuinely unsure how we'll get on with a Euro campaign and no idea of our squad post-transfer window.

A good season for us is 5th again, maybe a run to April in Europe, or a Cup Final, a brilliant season is 3rd or 4th and lifting a trophy, while a decent season is coming 6th or 7th.

What do you reckon would be the 'bad season' scenario, Stevie?

As things stand I reckon we'll finish 6th but it's hard to tell and a bad transfer window could ruin that.

Well this is how I'd rank the clubs in terms of talent, first elevens etc, squads

Man City

Man Utd

Chelsea

Arsenal

Tottenham, Newcastle

Liverpool, Everton

Aston Villa, Sunderland, Fulham, Stoke

So anywhere outside the top 8 in my view would be large scale underachievement based on the talent in our squad compared to other teams

Why not restrict clubs to raising orphans and only allow them to play only the orphans they produce themselves, pay them nothing, but provide all they need.

Namby pamby Fifa probably won't allow it, but it solves the money problem....as well as the adoption crisis we face in the uk.

:D

I couldn't be more underwhelmed about the football season starting.

Miserable cunt.

This could be the best season of our lives. I think we have a genuine chance of winning the Europa League and FA Cup.