Ben Arfa - 9

Tiote - 5

Cabaye - 6

Jonas - 8

Ba - 7

Cisse - 6

Anita - 6

Obertan - 5

How you have Perch below Simpson, Tiote below Cabaye and Krul at a 6 is beyond me....

Krul was superb in net today- goal was allowed after a fantastic first save. Not much you can do as the keeper there. Collected the ball on several occasions under pressure and relieved pressure with huge punches. Very well played by him.

Anyway- I'm not complaining about the manner of victory on day one of the season. Especially when we had some real fitness concerns and we were playing the 4th placed team from last year. Great start.

guttierez oustanding today, alot of people on here been saying hes the one to make way for anita. I'd suggest that isnt the case

I'd be very surprised. Anita looked good when coming on but we have Europe and other matches to get him into the first team. Ease him along.

If anything, you drop one of Ba/Cisse and allow Jonas to go out wide. If you have Anita/Tiote in the middle you can free up Cabaye a bit more. Anita also looked strong going forward when he had a chance

Guest CabayeAye

How you have Perch below Simpson, Tiote below Cabaye and Krul at a 6 is beyond me....

Krul was superb in net today- goal was allowed after a fantastic first save. Not much you can do as the keeper there. Collected the ball on several occasions under pressure and relieved pressure with huge punches. Very well played by him.

Anyway- I'm not complaining about the manner of victory on day one of the season. Especially when we had some real fitness concerns and we were playing the 4th placed team from last year. Great start.

Perch was poorly positioned for their goal and allowed a midget in for the header that led to the goal. Krul played well, but had a shaky start, so loses a point.

Cabaye had some good linkup play with HBA, whereas Tiote lost possession a few times.

Edited by CabayeAye

Great result. Solid enough performance. Still rusty but we looked good in patches. Nice stuff from Jonas and Ben Arfa, who deserved to take the penalty. Ba didnt look happy but he got his goal today and what a strike. Nice to see him off the mark early on. Cisse could have done more but whatever reason didnt see the ball much.

Cabaye and Tiote were poor but overall it was a solid first game, great 3 points, off to winning ways and something to build on. I wonder what our target is for the 1st 5 games?

3 home games (Spurs, Villa and CH's Norwich) and 2 away games at Chelsea and Everton.

I think 10 points is achievable. 3 home wins and a point away.

Perch was poorly positioned for their goal and allowed a midget in for the header that led to the goal. Krul played well, but had a shaky start, so loses a point.

It's your ratings mate- nothing wrong with that just offering up my opinion.

Defoe didn't really get his head to that, to be fair it was Santon who almost provided an own-goal for Spurs.

Thought the only moment Krul struggled was that one misplaced touch in the first half.

Guest CabayeAye

It's your ratings mate- nothing wrong with that just offering up my opinion.

Defoe didn't really get his head to that, to be fair it was Santon who almost provided an own-goal for Spurs.

Thought the only moment Krul struggled was that one misplaced touch in the first half.

Krul - 7

Perch - 7

Santon - 7

Krul - 7

Perch - 7

Santon - 7

Or we could go all FM and start giving .8 here and there :)

Whatever, it's a good result and I'm very pleased. Though I must admit a better team than Spurs would have done us in today. Both sides were poor but again first day of the season and we have 3 points to build on.

Shaky first half which is natural as Spurs came to exploit us with bale and Lennon but we did really well second half in the main.

Jonas and Ben Arfa were outstanding for us.

All in all it was a great result and a great start to the season.

My evaluation is thus.

Krul: Didn't look as commanding as we know he can be and looked a bit shaky for some reason. 6

Taylor: Looked commanding and did his job well in the main and was a constant voice marshalling the defence. 7

Perch: Overall I though he did a very good job at centre back and seems to get more confident in every game he plays and is assured on the ball, plus put some good tackles in. 7

Simpson: Walking a tightrope early on and was having a lot of trouble with Bales pace. His forward play isn't the best but he stuck to his guns defensively but I did worry about a second yellow. 6

Santon: Defensively he also stuck to his task and also got forward well and looks assured on the ball for most part. He will get better and better without a doubt.7

Cabaye: Wasn't at his influential best but still got stuck in. 6

Tiote: His break up play and his never say die attitude is always there, he did try to do a bit too much at times and also lacked concentration in the pass but overall, he battled which is what we needed and was desperate to stay on the pitch. 6

Ben Arfa: In this mood he is going to cause any team serious problems. He was clever on the ball, always willing to take players on and also offering himself in positions all over, plus his defensive work was great.... Great penalty both getting it and taking it. 9

Jonas: This lad has some engine on him and his defensive work as well as his willingness to run at and take players on is brilliant and as we can see, he's never afraid to forage ahead and take a shot either. 9

Ba: Excellent goal and always willing to chase down balls as well as dragging players away allowing others to get into space. It will have done his confidence the world of good. 8

Cisse: For once, the limelight was taken from him. Always looking to get into positions but not getting too much job. Looked a bit subdued to be honest but will destroy a team very soon I think. 6

Anita: Showed a few glimpses of what he's all about and once up to speed with the team I think we have a great player on our hands. He's also no slouch either. 6

Obertan: For some reason he looked terrified. He had a few opportunities to run with the ball but gave it to a team mate like it was a hot potato. He needs to get his confidence together and show what he has because we have a big season ahead with potentially a lot of games. 5

Taylor was immense considering how long he's been out. He's going to play with big part this season.

Ba looked at different player after he scored. Although him and Cisse don't seem to know how to play off each other at all.

Ben Arfa is THE most skillful player I have seen at the club. Look edge sublime at times today (Beardsley was just before my time).

Tiote and Cabaye didn't look fit. Tiote in particular lost the ball far too much

Anita looked a very good player indeed. Technically excellent

Ben Arfa gets motm for me. It was so funny in the start when both central midfielders just took a yellow each to stop him on our side of the pitch, tells you how feared he is.

Steven Taylor And Jonas were very good. As a team we didnt play that well but we defended great and got the win which is what matters. Tiotes passing wasnt all that good today but he won every header and alot of tackles, thought he had a good game personally.

But seriously, Ray Wilkins is such a twat. Was sat in the norwegian studio going on how spurs were the far better team and we were not going to be close to what we were this season before the game. Then when we win he goes "unfortunately spurs lost the match". Then he goes over to suggest we will have problems with too many big heads in the dressing room after Hatem takes the penalty. Disgraceful how shit a pundit can be at times, trying to make waves.

Also, funniest moment of the match when Obertan comes on, they zoom in on Hatem and he looks at the board and it looks like his daughters virginity's been taken, so angry. :lol:

Class win. We struggled a lot in the first half and I thought our defence was suspect all game. Simpson was having a tough time against Bale and Santon was beat all ends up by Lennon - in fact, Santon was pretty awful throughout. Nevertheless we had the superior attacking quality and the win was deserved. Ben Arfa looked incredibly sharp. Steven Taylor's grounded header was a bit of brilliance - had forgotten what a loon he is :lol:

Now with Pieters seemingly signing our defence will be shored up a bit, so that's good. Plenty to build on here. :nufc:

Spurs in complete control first half and should have got at least one.

I don't like the 442 which seems to be to accomodate Ba up with Cisse (makes if difficult to get posession). Second half was a massive improvement as we shaped to almost a 433 with Ba dropping off wide left and Hatem in more of a free role. This is how we should shape up unless we're entertaining donkeys at home.

Spirit and hard work got us there in the end and a few moments of genuine flair from Ba and Hatem (love the way he insisted on taking the pen). Unlike Liverpool it looks like Spurs already understand what they should be doing and this is a massive 3pts for us.

Hatem 9 Tiote 8 Guti 8 Ba 7

Cabaye looked off the pace and needs games.

Anita looks good and I'd like to try a mf three of him Tiote and Cabaye at some point.

Perch looked like he's been playing CD all his life. :lol: