Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur

Christmas Tree

19 sleeps to go and starting to get very very excited for this new season.

The pre season has been a great success in contrast to last years disaster and it looks as though the great squad spirit has continued on.

Add to this a prediction that the 18th will be a fantastic summers day and we can all spend a glorious day on the piss before a tea time kick off.

Nice also to start at home and with a real good test.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 sleeps to go…

Add to this a prediction that the 18th will be a fantastic summers day and we can all spend a glorious day on the piss before a tea time kick off.

Nice also to start at home and with a real good burger.

Tidied ;)

Hopefully Modric fucks off before then which is looking very likely, Bale is injured, van der Vaart could be injured as well as "get in there Scotty Parker sahn". Adebayor hasn't signed, they've even brought Jenas back in to the fray. I think Tottenham are there for the taking, we used to go on about bogie teams, and Southampton, but we're surely a bogie team for them. Home and away I've seen us lose just four times in my life to Tottenham, we even beat them when we went down.

So all is not well with them, we could easily start with

Krul

Debuchy Colo Taylor Santon

Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

I'd fancy us against them anyway, but that losing Harry is a big thing, and certainly with their top players leaving or injured we have to be expecting three points. AVB has done nothing yet to suggest he's a good manager. Deadman could win the league with Porto.

Yeah I reckon playing them as early in the season will work in our favour. Modric will give them a canny pot of cash to spend. Just depends on how well he spends it.

Yeah I reckon playing them as early in the season will work in our favour. Modric will give them a canny pot of cash to spend. Just depends on how well he spends it.

I bet they sign Merreiles.

Hopefully Modric fucks off before then which is looking very likely, Bale is injured, van der Vaart could be injured as well as "get in there Scotty Parker sahn". Adebayor hasn't signed, they've even brought Jenas back in to the fray. I think Tottenham are there for the taking, we used to go on about bogie teams, and Southampton, but we're surely a bogie team for them. Home and away I've seen us lose just four times in my life to Tottenham, we even beat them when we went down.

So all is not well with them, we could easily start with

Krul

Debuchy Colo Taylor Santon

Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Ben Arfa Cisse Ba

I'd fancy us against them anyway, but that losing Harry is a big thing, and certainly with their top players leaving or injured we have to be expecting three points. AVB has done nothing yet to suggest he's a good manager. Deadman could win the league with Porto.

:lol: Stevie spot on again with his ignorant view of foreign football.

:lol: Stevie spot on again with his ignorant view of foreign football.

Eh?! He won the Europa League with a Champions League quality team. Fair enough they were unbeaten in the league, so fuck. He goes in at Chelsea and gives them their worst start to a season since Dave Beasant was in goal, with Joe Allen up front. He leaves and they win the Champions League. Tottenham will massively underachieve this season and this bloke will last 2 years maximum, top players clearly don't want to play for him, and he changes things to soon.

Plus losing Harry will be a good thing for them IMO, they were shocking in the final third of last season.

That's baffling to say the least, they came top 5 three seasons running under him for the first time in FIFTY YEARS, but that doesn't matter because they had a bad end to the season!? The England fiasco without doubt had some bearing. They massively overachieved with a side that he built to a degree, dragging them from third bottom to fourth top in 18 months. Chelsea had a better squad last season than Tottenham have now, and he really could not have done a worse job. It took a failed MK Dons manager to sort it out. 7th at best for them this year, we'll see who is right.

He finished the season unbeaten in the league with Porto as well as winning the Uefa Cup. His winning of the Uefa Cup means he's already achieved more than that fraud Redknapp has in his entire career. Plus I think finishing unbeaten in that league is something that had only been done once or twice previously. So I would say that's some achievement.

Chelsea winning the Champions League was a fluke and we all know it. AVB is a far better manager than Di Matteo, him winning the Champions League was a cracking achievement but I don't think it was entirely down to the tactical genius of Roberto Di Matteo.

You say top players clearly don't want to play for him, yet I'd say the so-called "top" players at Chelsea all put their own egos before anything else. I guarantee you top players that weren't just trying to prolong their careers at the top level to the detriment of the dressing room would.

The one thing I will say is he tried to implement a style last season that wasn't suited to the club's personnel at the time. Ironically enough that style with the players they now have Oscar, Hazard etc they would be perfect for the style of football his teams play.

That's baffling to say the least, they came top 5 three seasons running under him for the first time in FIFTY YEARS, but that doesn't matter because they had a bad end to the season!? The England fiasco without doubt had some bearing. They massively overachieved with a side that he built to a degree, dragging them from third bottom to fourth top in 18 months. Chelsea had a better squad last season than Tottenham have now, and he really could not have done a worse job. It took a failed MK Dons manager to sort it out. 7th at best for them this year, we'll see who is right.

That squad was never a bottom three team in the first place though.

As mentioned AVB done a bad job last season because he didn't want to pander to the egos of those already there, which Di Matteo did.

That's one for the prediction thread.

I reckon they'll get Adebayor somehow, Vertongen is in, sigurdsson is in. They've not lost Modric or VDV yet. I don't see them being worse than us or Liverpool.

That squad was never a bottom three team in the first place though.

As mentioned AVB done a bad job last season because he didn't want to pander to the egos of those already there, which Di Matteo did.

....and who won the Champions League?

Whether you rate his achievement of winning the EL with Porto as bigger than anything Redknapp has achieved is up to you. Fulham and Boro got to the final of that competition. He took Portsmouth from the brink of division 3 to an established attractive Premiership team in 18 months. He did comparatively similar with Tottenham breaking the top four mould with a relegation bound bunch of under achievers. Man management is key in the Premiership, and I don't think he has it. Defensively Chelsea were an absolute joke under him, a side who have had one of if not THE best defence in Europe for many years. You're right about one thing he couldn't grasp the players weren't suited to the style he demanded they employ. He must've thought he'd cracked it early doors with their heavy wins but got found out against the better sides. Momentum is key, I think Tottenham will have a very similar start to what Arsenal did last season, only they won't claw themselves back in to it.

....and who won the Champions League?

Whether you rate his achievement of winning the EL with Porto as bigger than anything Redknapp has achieved is up to you. Fulham and Boro got to the final of that competition. He took Portsmouth from the brink of division 3 to an established attractive Premiership team in 18 months. He did comparatively similar with Tottenham breaking the top four mould with a relegation bound bunch of under achievers. Man management is key in the Premiership, and I don't think he has it. Defensively Chelsea were an absolute joke under him, a side who have had one of if not THE best defence in Europe for many years. You're right about one thing he couldn't grasp the players weren't suited to the style he demanded they employ. He must've thought he'd cracked it early doors with their heavy wins but got found out against the better sides. Momentum is key, I think Tottenham will have a very similar start to what Arsenal did last season, only they won't claw themselves back in to it.

Yes and look at where they are now because of him. :lol:

Yes and look at where they are now because of him. :lol:

That's like saying Rangers went bust because of Dick Advocaat. I don't think Harry's the one who held the purse strings like.

That's like saying Rangers went bust because of Dick Advocaat. I don't think Harry's the one who held the purse strings like.

It's still a false achievement given the fact he spent way above their means which has lead them into the situation they are currently in.

We have nothing to fear from Tottenham at home.

They don't like coming to Newcastle and it's them that should be worrying about us.

2 easy games out of the way , 6 points and a great start to the season with Tottenham and Chelsea despatched.

With AvB there is a good manager in there somewhere, but it takes times to adjust to the PL. Many highly rated managers have failed in this league or taken time to work it out. He was basically fucked over at Chelsea and he might have arrived at Spurs at the wrong time.

Spurs 6th.