Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

The balloon experiment which I've already explained in this thread. It's the only proof you need to show why rockets cannot work in a vacuum but it got dismissed by those who haven't tried it because they want to hang on to what they are told and that is, a rocket pushes against itself...

You cannot push against yourself...go on try it. Stand still in the middle of the floor and push yourself over. You can't for exactly the same reason a rocket or anything else cannot push against itself, unless it is pushing against something.

You can push yourself away from a wall because you are pushing against a solid object (yes I know it;s a "duh" statement but it's relevant when people can't grasp the lies they are told)

The Newtons law people hang onto of equal and opposite reaction is fine on Earth, it's no good in a vacuum.

To try and make this as simple as possible, imagine on Earth you tied a sheet of 8x4 ply board to your back and sprinted forwards...the air resistance would slow you down and create drag on you, making it hard to run against it.

Now imagine doing the very same thing on Earth, if Earth was a vacuum. You would do the same run, yet you would run much easier and faster because there is NOTHING acting on the wide board to create any drag.

If you were to drop the very same board flat to the ground on Earth, it would fall to the ground yet not slam into it because the air pressure created under the board will cushion it from heavy impact, I'm sure most people have seen this effect, whether it's a sheet of glass on a table or anything flat. It's because as we all know, compressing the air under it.

Do the same thing in a vacuum and the board would simply smack into the floor because there is no air resistance under it to arrest it's fall.

Now, instead of looking at some magical rocketry mathematics, just look at a rocket for what it is, which is simply the rocket over coming it's own weight by burning fuel, which on Earth, pushes against the atmosphere and expanding it , propelling it upwards.

Just like a plastic bottle filled with compressed air and water. The compressed air is trapped inside but wants to escape, yet to escape, it has to expel the water which pushes against the air in the atmosphere...propelling the bottle upwards until the air and water are expelled.

Do that in a vacuum and the vacuum swallows it immediately, creating no lift at all.

Everyone has seen a fireman use a hose at some point. If the water pressure is built up in that hose, yet the lever stays shut...that fireman can stand with that hose in one hand because the pressure is contained inside it.

If he opens the nozzle, he will be fighting to stop the water from pushing him backwards because the water pushing against the air is creating resistance against him.

If he was to do this in a vacuum, the water would be expelled against nothing, meaning, it would not push him back because the vacuum would just swallow what he was expelling, meaning he could stand there all day.

For anyone that's interested; try the balloon experiment I mentioned somewhere in this thread.

If you are having trouble finding it, just ask RENTON to find it, as he seems to be able to tell anyone, which blogs and forums anyone has been on. :glare:

All this proves is that you don't understand a vacuum

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The balloon experiment which I've already explained in this thread. It's the only proof you need to show why rockets cannot work in a vacuum but it got dismissed by those who haven't tried it because they want to hang on to what they are told and that is, a rocket pushes against itself...

You cannot push against yourself...go on try it. Stand still in the middle of the floor and push yourself over. You can't for exactly the same reason a rocket or anything else cannot push against itself, unless it is pushing against something.

You can push yourself away from a wall because you are pushing against a solid object (yes I know it;s a "duh" statement but it's relevant when people can't grasp the lies they are told)

The Newtons law people hang onto of equal and opposite reaction is fine on Earth, it's no good in a vacuum.

To try and make this as simple as possible, imagine on Earth you tied a sheet of 8x4 ply board to your back and sprinted forwards...the air resistance would slow you down and create drag on you, making it hard to run against it.

Now imagine doing the very same thing on Earth, if Earth was a vacuum. You would do the same run, yet you would run much easier and faster because there is NOTHING acting on the wide board to create any drag.

If you were to drop the very same board flat to the ground on Earth, it would fall to the ground yet not slam into it because the air pressure created under the board will cushion it from heavy impact, I'm sure most people have seen this effect, whether it's a sheet of glass on a table or anything flat. It's because as we all know, compressing the air under it.

Do the same thing in a vacuum and the board would simply smack into the floor because there is no air resistance under it to arrest it's fall.

Now, instead of looking at some magical rocketry mathematics, just look at a rocket for what it is, which is simply the rocket over coming it's own weight by burning fuel, which on Earth, pushes against the atmosphere and expanding it , propelling it upwards.

Just like a plastic bottle filled with compressed air and water. The compressed air is trapped inside but wants to escape, yet to escape, it has to expel the water which pushes against the air in the atmosphere...propelling the bottle upwards until the air and water are expelled.

Do that in a vacuum and the vacuum swallows it immediately, creating no lift at all.

Everyone has seen a fireman use a hose at some point. If the water pressure is built up in that hose, yet the lever stays shut...that fireman can stand with that hose in one hand because the pressure is contained inside it.

If he opens the nozzle, he will be fighting to stop the water from pushing him backwards because the water pushing against the air is creating resistance against him.

If he was to do this in a vacuum, the water would be expelled against nothing, meaning, it would not push him back because the vacuum would just swallow what he was expelling, meaning he could stand there all day.

For anyone that's interested; try the balloon experiment I mentioned somewhere in this thread.

If you are having trouble finding it, just ask RENTON to find it, as he seems to be able to tell anyone, which blogs and forums anyone has been on. :glare:

Nope, I don't recall this experiment. Please link to it or describe it again. Do you have learning difficulties btw?

Your analysis of rockets in vacuums is flawed. It's 2 separate components, one pushes off the other. The rocket (bottle) pushes the fuel (water) out.

If you imagine 2 divers under water, not moving just floating around. One diver then pushes the other one. What happens?

Both divers move in opposite directions. One doesn't stay where he is whilst the other moves they both move.

Go to your local swimming pool with a friend and try it out. Put a brick on the floor where you start so you have a point of reference. then push off him as hard as you can. You will both move away from the brick.

If you do that in a vacuum with no gravity, you will further as there is no resistance to stop you.

I've proved myself no such thing.

What you meant to say was, you and a few others have somehow proved I'm a liar based on your own assumptions of nothing. There is a difference.

You claim to be a scientist, which I consider highly unlikely based on your appalling scientific ignorance. You won't even divulge your speciality, why not?

Also, you claim you have seen bacteria in microscopes thousands of times. I don't believe this either.

You've already admitted to lying about being on the dole, haven't you?

:lol: Your arguments are based on doing these things in a vacuum, which you have never experienced personally. You dont know any of the things you have just said, you've just made it up with no experience to tell you what happens.

"so, i think you'll find, if we did this in a vacuum..."

The only vacuum you've been inside is the one you stuck your knob in as a curious teenager.

The vacuum understood him though, which explains the meaningful relationship they built up through his adolescence.

Yeah but look where that lead :(

1ie4na.gif

Your analysis of rockets in vacuums is flawed. It's 2 separate components, one pushes off the other. The rocket (bottle) pushes the fuel (water) out.

If you imagine 2 divers under water, not moving just floating around. One diver then pushes the other one. What happens?

Both divers move in opposite directions. One doesn't stay where he is whilst the other moves they both move.

Go to your local swimming pool with a friend and try it out. Put a brick on the floor where you start so you have a point of reference. then push off him as hard as you can. You will both move away from the brick.

If you do that in a vacuum with no gravity, you will further as there is no resistance to stop you.

Your theory is flawed.

I'm not talking about TWO divers in water, I'm talking about ONE rocket or ONE person pushing against themselves, it's impossible.

Find it yourself inspector.

This thread alone is 107 pages long and I'm on a phone, but if l'd like details of this experiment you personally conducted that proves Newton wrong please.

Or are you lying, again?

Ok here is another example. You are standing on some ice. You fart really really hard. So hard you practically shit your pants. You slide forward slightly and the fart moves backwards quickly. You moved forward by pushing off the fart.

The air and ice resistance stop you moving forwards.

Why dont you Ask CT for some beans and go down your local ice rink and try it!

This thread alone is 107 pages long and I'm on a phone, but if l'd like details of this experiment you personally conducted that proves Newton wrong please.

Or are you lying, again?

Look it up when you aren't on a phone, there's no rush.

Ok here is another example. You are standing on some ice. You fart really really hard. So hard you practically shit your pants. You slide forward slightly and the fart moves backwards quickly. You moved forward by pushing off the fart.

Rikko.

Newtons law works on Earth, it does Jack shit in a vacuum of space.

:lol:

The fuckwit doesn't understand that the 2 elements needed to oppose each other are both in one rocket.

Here it is for you Wolfy- the fuel pushes against the rocket, the rocket pushes off the fuel.

No trickery involved, just basic science.

:lol:

The fuckwit doesn't understand that the 2 elements needed to oppose each other are both in one rocket.

Here it is for you Wolfy- the fuel pushes against the rocket, the rocket pushes off the fuel.

No trickery involved, just basic science.

It's not basic science at all, it's basic bullshit but some of you just prefer to go with what you are told.

No object can push against itself without an outside force aiding it. Think about it, it's basic logic.

Look it up when you aren't on a phone, there's no rush.

What a tedious liar you are. You've got the scientific understanding of a 5 year old, if that.

And you're a holocaust denier as well. I'm not referring to the eradication of Jews by the third Reich (although give it some thought and I'm sure you'll think that is fake as well), I'm talking about the nuclear holocaust in Japan and the terrorist holocaust of 9/11. Shameful, you shouldn't be allowed on here.

Rikko.

Newtons law works on Earth, it does Jack shit in a vacuum of space.

Fundamental misunderstanding. Newton's laws are universal; you haven't even grasped what they are yet. And you're a scientist? :lol: