Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

It's not basic science at all, it's basic bullshit but some of you just prefer to go with what you are told.

No object can push against itself without an outside force aiding it. Think about it, it's basic logic.

:lol:

Are you really this thick?

The rocket is one "object"

The fuel is another " object".

The only thing different from rocket propulsion on Earth is that you need smaller jets and less fuel, as there is little resistance.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a tedious liar you are. You've got the scientific understanding of a 5 year old, if that.

And you're a holocaust denier as well. I'm not referring to the eradication of Jews by the third Reich (although give it some thought and I'm sure you'll think that is fake as well), I'm talking about the nuclear holocaust in Japan and the terrorist holocaust of 9/11. Shameful, you shouldn't be allowed on here.

Right, on that note, MR frustration, don't bother responding to me from this post on, you are getting binned.

:lol:

Are you really this thick?

The rocket is one "object"

The fuel is another " object".

The only thing different from rocket propulsion on Earth is that you need smaller jets and less fuel, as there is little resistance.

The rocket is one thing and the fuel is another..correct.

If rockets flew by not expelling their fuel , then I'd say, " you know what, I was wrong"...the problem is, rockets do expel their fuel and they do this because it's the only way they can propel themselves.

The rocket is one thing and the fuel is another..correct.

If rockets flew by not expelling their fuel , then I'd say, " you know what, I was wrong"...the problem is, rockets do expel their fuel and they do this because it's the only way they can propel themselves.

Aye, and.......

Then why is your main reason as to why we don't have satellites etc is because

Wolfys first law of motion states that you can't move in vacuum.

Maybe satellites do exist but space isn't a vacuum as its filled with magical space treacle? Have you considered that one?

Then why is your main reason as to why we don't have satellites etc is because

Wolfys first law of motion states that you can't move in vacuum.

Maybe satellites do exist but space isn't a vacuum as its filled with magical space treacle? Have you considered that one?

If space is what they say it is, which is , no ,up , down, or any way of knowing what is up or down, plus the fact that you float as we are told , and is a vacuum, then nothing moves in it, UNLESS crashed into by something. For instance, a meteor crashing into something that is still.

There is no more "and"...that's it, plain and simple. They burn fuel to propel themselves.

Correct. And they move because of it.

The medium they move through doesn't effect the basic method of producing the propulsion , it has an effect on the amount of force needed to move, but not the act of producing that force.

Is this too much for you, or are you still with me here?

Correct. And they move because of it.

The medium they move through doesn't effect the basic method of producing the propulsion , it has an effect on the amount of force needed to move, but not the act of producing that force.

Is this too much for you, or are you still with me here?

Like the fire mans hose. It will stay still on Earth when pressurised , until he opens the nozzle. Then it will react against him, pushing the water out one way and pushing him back the other way.

The reason for this is because it's pushing against atmospheric pressure at speed.

If it was possible for him to do the same thing in a vacuum of space, the water would be expelled into nothing and against nothing, creating no reaction against him.

Aaaand there's where you're making the mistake.

The water isn't pushing against "atmospheric pressure", its pushing against the hose. The fireman stops the hose from moving backwards( the equal and opposite reaction to the water ).

The rocket = the hose

The fuel= the water

There isn't a fireman holding the rocket still, so it moves, regardless of the medium it's moving through.

Have we seen the light yet, Oh Great Thinker?

The water isn't pushing against "atmospheric pressure", its pushing against the hose. The fireman stops the hose from moving backwards( the equal and opposite reaction to the water ).

The rocket = the hose

The fuel= the water

There isn't a fireman holding the rocket still, so it moves, regardless of the medium it's moving through.

I know I'm right on this one.

Why you think the hose is working against itself and not the atmosphere is a mystery to me.

The rocket = the hose

The fuel= the water

You're wasting your time man, Wolfy is an entrenched Newton denialist. He follows dogma, not reason, just like all his chums back on cluesforum. In short, you're arguing with an idiot.

you are happy that the water will move in a vacuum but not the fireman. Could the fireman actually be moving and water not?

I'll try and explain is as best I can.

We have to assume a human can be in the vacuum of space.

Give him a medicine ball and tell him to throw that medicine ball away from himself. Once he throws it...that medicine ball flies off into space at whatever speed he threw it and with no resistance, it will continue to do so until acted upon by some other force.

Because he's thrown that medicine ball forward, the spring of his arms have provided the momentum, yet because there is no resistance to that ball, and space wants to swallow it , it creates no opposite reaction to him, so he stays put.

On Earth, if he threw the same medicine ball whilst stood on ice skates..the weight of the ball , pushing against the atmosphere, plus the downward gravity, would push him back slightly , depending on how much force he put into the throw,

A for instance:

Let's say you had a wide sheet of ply wood and you went to hit your mate on the side of the head with it , for some reason but you decided to just slowly swing the board towards him. You would feel a slight resistance against the atmosphere but you would hit him without any problem.

Do the same thing but this time take your hardest swing at him and what happens?

Either you will lose control of the board before it hits him, due to the speed you are hitting the atmosphere around you, or by the time it gets to him, the atmosphere has slowed it down to virtually nothing because your body strength wouldn't be enough to overcome the force acting on that board.

People are just told that the atmosphere has no effect but it does and it should be obvious..yet people have been taught to think otherwise because they have been amazed by the science and bamboozled by the maths that supposedly back it all up.