Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they have to be some kind of atom?

What is matter if it is not made up of different kinds of atoms? The periodic explains reality perfectly you see, but you don't believe in atoms, so don't believe in elements (which are just types of atom). So, what do you think makes up matter? Is it infinitely divisible, for instance?

What is matter if it is not made up of different kinds of atoms? The periodic explains reality perfectly you see, but you don't believe in atoms, so don't believe in elements (which are just types of atom). So, what do you think makes up matter? Is it infinitely divisible, for instance?

Renton:

We have elements made up from this Earth and extract those elements like Gold, Silver,lead e.t.c.

Atoms are just something named that nobody can see.

That you don't understand the nature of matter, that's all. Most people don't actually so fair enough, seems strange you reject something you know nothing about though.

Edited by Renton

That you don't understand the nature of matter, that's all. Most people don't actually so fair enough, seems strange you reject something you know nothing about though.

I'm not rejecting matter. I'm rejecting the ability of a human being to split something that cannot be seen as in what we are told is an atom that some loopy 400bc thinker, thought up yet hadn't a clue why.

It supposedly took another 1200 years before another human found his 400bc filofax and said," wow, this geezer's thought up an atom, I' think I'll use this thought and see if I can do owt with it.. I can't see it under a microscope, so I'll just bang a few of these neutrons about and see if I can split the pesky little bastard."

If you don't believe in atoms, you don't believe in chemistry, which is novel. Also now tens more millions 'in on it' including me as a pharmacologist.

Talking of which, do you believe in the efficacy of drugs? If so, how do they work if molecules don't exist (they can't if atoms don't)?

If you don't believe in atoms, you don't believe in chemistry, which is novel. Also now tens more millions 'in on it' including me as a pharmacologist.

Talking of which, do you believe in the efficacy of drugs? If so, how do they work if molecules don't exist (they can't if atoms don't)?

So being a Pharmacologist means you study atoms does it?

It has to be said Wolfy, fair play for effort and that, but you really are a prize, grade A mong.

Your entire world view can be summed up by " If I can't see it, it doesnt exist".

If this is true, how do you explain;

Music- you can't see it, but it's there

Air- you can't see it, without it, you'd die.

Me- you've never met me, but I exist.

CT- the proud and happy father of 4 four kids? He hasn't seen his penis in 20 years.

Farts- you fart, it stinks, can't see it. Farts are a lie?

Help me out here.

It has to be said Wolfy, fair play for effort and that, but you really are a prize, grade A mong.

Your entire world view can be summed up by " If I can't see it, it doesnt exist".

If this is true, how do you explain;

Music- you can't see it, but it's there.................. I can hear it.

Air- you can't see it, without it, you'd die. I can breathe it and it ruins our lasses hair do when it's agitated.

Me- you've never met me, but I exist................ You exist to me as Monkeys fist on a Newcastle forum. You are either human or programmed robot. I'll opt for human.

CT- the proud and happy father of 4 four kids? He hasn't seen his penis in 20 years...................... Like me. he can use a mirror to identify that he still has one.

Farts- you fart, it stinks, can't see it. Farts are a lie?.................I can smell farts and can hear them most times depending on how a the bum hole is puckered up.

Help me out here.

Happy to help.

You say you can hear music so it exists.

If a band are playing a song, and you are in the sane room, you hear it- therefore the music exists.

If you leave the room, and can no longer hear it, but the band are still playing, does their music stil exist?

And what about silent but deadlys ?

Ok , so take a few pictures of these atoms for me....not molecules mind, don't try and trick me.

See MF's post above, you don't have to see things to know they're real. Frankly I can't be arsed to explain 10 years training to you, but I am interested to know how you think drugs work.