Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

see there in lies the rub, it is not my inability to explain, it is my lack of desire to explain, and more to the point it is your inability to understand basic scientific principles and theories.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see there in lies the rub, it is not my inability to explain, it is my lack of desire to explain, and more to the point it is your inability to understand basic scientific principles and theories.

If you want to avoid having your say on it then that's your prerogative. Basically that's mostly what I've had to be honest. Usually, on you're wrong Wolfy but I don't know why you are, you're just a nut.

Then you get the odd one's who become Nuclear scientists and satellite engineers and such.

So what qualifies you to know it's all true and I'm totally wrong to question it?

It might persuade you to read up about it and find out why you are wrong about everything.

You don't know if I am wrong about everything. You can play guessing games but that's all you can do.

You don't know if I am wrong about everything. You can play guessing games but that's all you can do.

If you read about the history of science you'd see that the only way to understand the Universe is through observation and experiment. Science has developed incrementally since the time of the enlightenment, and from it has come technology. Technology has then positively benefited science in an ever virtuous cycle. The evidence for this is literally all around you, including the screen you are looking at and the fact you can communicate with me using it.

If you don't want to understand how science has developed you are just being wilfully ignorant and closed minded. Dogma and received wisdom got us nowhere until true empirical science came to being, starting with Galilleo. You could start by reading about him and how he proved the Earth was not at the centre of the Universe, using observations you can easily verify for yourself (no equations needed, just a modicum of intelligence). Contrary to this being a the start of a centuries old conspiracy, he was almost murdered for pointing out the obvious. The rest follows from him. Or you could just remain ignorant and close minded, it's up to you.

P.S. To Gemmill, Alex etc. I know man. ;)

If you want to avoid having your say on it then that's your prerogative. Basically that's mostly what I've had to be honest. Usually, on you're wrong Wolfy but I don't know why you are, you're just a nut.

Then you get the odd one's who become Nuclear scientists and satellite engineers and such.

So what qualifies you to know it's all true and I'm totally wrong to question it?

i use phyiscs everyday in my job, i know the rules of physics as taught to me are correct because nothing i have designed has fallen down.

you don't understand which is fine, but it doesn't make those rules invalid because you don't understand them.

If you read about the history of science you'd see that the only way to understand the Universe is through observation and experiment. Science has developed incrementally since the time of the enlightenment, and from it has come technology. Technology has then positively benefited science in an ever virtuous cycle. The evidence for this is literally all around you, including the screen you are looking at and the fact you can communicate with me using it.

If you don't want to understand how science has developed you are just being wilfully ignorant and closed minded. Dogma and received wisdom got us nowhere until true empirical science came to being, starting with Galilleo. You could start by reading about him and how he proved the Earth was not at the centre of the Universe, using observations you can easily verify for yourself (no equations needed, just a modicum of intelligence). Contrary to this being a the start of a centuries old conspiracy, he was almost murdered for pointing out the obvious. The rest follows from him. Or you could just remain ignorant and close minded, it's up to you.

P.S. To Gemmill, Alex etc. I know man. ;)

First of all, I can plainly see how technology has advanced with TV screens and computers e.t.c and I'm not disputing them am I.

The fake moon landings were set up in the 60's and the fake atom bombs were taking shape in the 30's.

You are just jumping to conclusions that I reject technology but you couldn't be further from the truth.

I reject the magical properties of Nuclear power in how they say it works and I reject space travel because rockets cannot work in the vacuum of space so it rules out any space travel whatsoever , including satellites and any other pretend man made object in space.

If anybody really sat down and thought about the vacuum of space and rockets, a lot would question it at the very least but too many people are stuck in the official stories of why it does work using Newtons laws which simply do not work outside of Earth.

There's a multitude of reasons and anomalies as to why man hasn't walked on the moon but the only one that needs to show it , is, the vacuum of space renders it all a pointless waste of time trying and those at the top know it as well.

There is a lot more people that question the landings than people think, yet I get called closed minded while those that hang onto every official story as true , no matter what, act like they're open minded lol

i use phyiscs everyday in my job, i know the rules of physics as taught to me are correct because nothing i have designed has fallen down.

you don't understand which is fine, but it doesn't make those rules invalid because you don't understand them.

Nothing you have designed has fallen down?

How does this equate to men landing on the moon or nuclear power being real or not?

We all use physics at stages in our lives.

It's not hard in most cases to spot liars and virtually all Astronot's questioned display the body language of very bad liars with selective memories.

First of all, I can plainly see how technology has advanced with TV screens and computers e.t.c and I'm not disputing them am I.

The fake moon landings were set up in the 60's and the fake atom bombs were taking shape in the 30's.

You are just jumping to conclusions that I reject technology but you couldn't be further from the truth.

I reject the magical properties of Nuclear power in how they say it works and I reject space travel because rockets cannot work in the vacuum of space so it rules out any space travel whatsoever , including satellites and any other pretend man made object in space.

If anybody really sat down and thought about the vacuum of space and rockets, a lot would question it at the very least but too many people are stuck in the official stories of why it does work using Newtons laws which simply do not work outside of Earth.

There's a multitude of reasons and anomalies as to why man hasn't walked on the moon but the only one that needs to show it , is, the vacuum of space renders it all a pointless waste of time trying and those at the top know it as well.

There is a lot more people that question the landings than people think, yet I get called closed minded while those that hang onto every official story as true , no matter what, act like they're open minded lol

Forget the moonlandings, that's your least contentious idea. Science started with the discovery we weren't at the centre of the Universe which was a profound philosophical change to us a species. If you don't get this you'll never understand anything about science or technology. You simply don't understand what is meant by evidence or scientifc method.

Forget the moonlandings, that's your least contentious idea. Science started with the discovery we weren't at the centre of the Universe which was a profound philosophical change to us a species. If you don't get this you'll never understand anything about science or technology. You simply don't understand what is meant by evidence or scientifc method.

Neither do you.

I fucking hope I do since I'm giving a lecture on it to MSc students next week.

Hope you don't have any Wolfys in the audience.

"Any questions? Yes, you, the man wearing the tinfoil?"

"I don't believe it!"

Rentons conference...

Renton: Hello all, I'm here today to tell you all about the moon landings and how science has made leaps.

Tinfoil_Timmy: Mr Ranton Sir...I don;t believe men landed on the moon.

Renton: What a silly Billy you are lad, President Kennedy even said, " we choose to go to the moon and do the other things, not because they are easy but because we need your tax dollars and a reason to spend them."

Tinfoil_Timmy: See , I told you it was a scam.

Renton: I meant that Kennedy really meant to say we will go to the moon by the end of the decade and he really did Timmy lad, so don;t be starting with me in here or I'll boot your stupid little face in.

Tinfoil_Timmy: Oh yeah, you and who else like.

Renton: Me and head on legs Gemmill, that's who, so watch your mouth.

Nut_nut_Nigel: Well I'm with Timmy, I don't believe it either.

Renton: (jumps into the crowd on top of Timmy) Right you, you little bastard, what do you think this white Jacket is with Ranton PI on it is then?

Tinfoil_Timmy:I don't know Mr Ranton.

Renton: It means I'm a physics instructorer thingy, that's what you scabby little freckly faced looney................ ( busts Timmy's head wide open then runs back onto the stage laughing like a mad professor...muwahahahahaha)

I can picture it. :razz:

quasar.jpg

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/08/millions-of-black-holes/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wiredscience+%28Wired%3A+Blog+-+Wired+Science%29

NASA’s Wide-field Infrared Survey Telescope (WISE) has uncovered millions of supermassive black holes in our universe as well as a strange new type of galaxy, called a hot DOG or dust-obscured galaxy.