Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not that bright.

Agreed. He fucks up. but once a mistake is pointed out to him he learns the difference. He just hammers away at it after that, making sure to get it wrong as often as possible in the hope it's seen as his "thing" rather than the stupidity it was.

Agreed. He fucks up. but once a mistake is pointed out to him he learns the difference. He just hammers away at it after that, making sure to get it wrong as often as possible in the hope it's seen as his "thing" rather than the stupidity it was.

Dear me is that what you think :lol:

You suggesting the man is planning this? No sir, you afford him too much credit.

When you here them describe how complex this is with all today's modern technology you do have to wonder how they managed it 40 odd years ago.

Well that's one of the reasons why they used humans.

Are you still in denial of the provable artefacts (mirrors) that were left by Apollo, hence necessitating a 50 year old ongoing mass conspiracy?

Well that's one of the reasons why they used humans.

Are you still in denial of the provable artefacts (mirrors) that were left by Apollo, hence necessitating a 50 year old ongoing mass conspiracy?

No not at all really. It just is quite amazing when you hear ;) how complicated it is with today's technology, that they did it back then.

Dear me is that what you think :lol:

How do you go from someone who made the odd mistake but clearly knew the difference between their/there or been/being to someone who gets it wrong every time?

Great points are being made

Already loads have left either to post their two penneth elsewhere.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/33758-flounce-tour-2013/page-2#entry1149616

I mean that second example is unfathomable, obviously, but it does have correct usage of "their".

You love dropping grammar mines for folk to step on and have a pop at you for. Don't deny it man.

How do you go from someone who made the odd mistake but clearly knew the difference between their/there or been/being to someone who gets it wrong every time?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/33758-flounce-tour-2013/page-2#entry1149616

I mean that second example is unfathomable, obviously, but it does have correct usage of "their".

You love dropping grammar mines for folk to step on and have a pop at you for. Don't deny it man.

It's quite staggering that your mind works that way :lol: you must be a very suspicious fellow.

The alternative could be that I left school at 15 with no o levels and bar a brief spell of working life have never had to write as part of a job.

Add to that my only daily written communications are usually on an Iphone Inbetween other stuff. (Work kids etc).

Stuff that's underlined read as a spelling mistake but other grammatical errors don't show up and are missed. I just live with it and don't manually spell check each post.

It may be fair to say that after 5 years other people should refrain from pointing it out?

It's not something I'm proud of but neither am I that fussed that I'm going to start spell checking every post.

As it is, (and Ant could verify this if he ever loses the will to live and runs a program), most of my posts that have been edited, are edited because I've noticed a spelling mistake by chance.

I'd worry about the bigger things in life if I was you other than if some poorly educated 48 year old thinks grammatical errors are a way of being ;) funny.

No not at all really. It just is quite amazing when you hear ;) how complicated it is with today's technology, that they did it back then.

Look at the Wright-Brother's plane, compare it to todays planes. Complexity doesn't neccesarily decrease in techonology, in fact I'm struggling to find an example where it does.

Look at the Wright-Brother's plane, compare it to todays planes. Complexity doesn't neccesarily decrease in techonology, in fact I'm struggling to find an example where it does.

It's not really worth arguing over Fish. Great feats do compare though.

The fact that given all of today's technical advances, it's still a major feat to try and land on the moon only highlights the achievement of the 60's.

It's quite staggering that your mind works that way :lol: you must be a very suspicious fellow.

The alternative could be that I left school at 15 with no o levels and bar a brief spell of working life have never had to write as part of a job.

Add to that my only daily written communications are usually on an Iphone Inbetween other stuff. (Work kids etc).

Stuff that's underlined read as a spelling mistake but other grammatical errors don't show up and are missed. I just live with it and don't manually spell check each post.

It may be fair to say that after 5 years other people should refrain from pointing it out?

It's not something I'm proud of but neither am I that fussed that I'm going to start spell checking every post.

As it is, (and Ant could verify this if he ever loses the will to live and runs a program), most of my posts that have been edited, are edited because I've noticed a spelling mistake by chance.

I'd worry about the bigger things in life if I was you other than if some poorly educated 48 year old thinks grammatical errors are a way of being ;) funny.

:lol: Jesus Christ, get the violins out. Not being able to write properly in your native language is a shambles. Never mind shooting for the sympathy vote.

Agreed, it is truly amazing and inspiring even imo.

Btw, agree, who gives a shit about spelling and grammar on a forum where half of us are inputting by phone.

It's not really worth arguing over Fish. Great feats do compare though.

The fact that given all of today's technical advances, it's still a major feat to try and land on the moon only highlights the achievement of the 60's.

What?

Your argument seemed to be that it was remarkable to you that it is still a complicated feat now, despite the huge techonological leaps we've made since the 60s?

What?

Your argument seemed to be that it was remarkable to you that it is still a complicated feat now, despite the huge techonological leaps we've made since the 60s?

No. my argument is that because its such a complicated feat now, its even more remarkable that they did it then.

Here you are Happy Face, my first post on the forum. My cunning plan was under way even then. :lol: (8 words in and last line should put your suspicious mind at rest).

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/21980-nusc-online-payments-now-available/page-9#entry723817

I said you have always been prone to the odd mistake. You got "their" right in the same sentence though.

Meenzer quoted one recently where you used their, there and they're in one paragraph and all were incorrect. Blatantly done for effect iyam.

I don't mind that at all btw. Making light of your grammatical failings is fine by me and using them in the wrong place in that instance shows you do know where they shouldn't go.

I just get bored of people still pulling you up on it.

Not bored enough for the length this conversation has gone like ;)

I said you have always been prone to the odd mistake. You got "their" right in the same sentence though.

Meenzer quoted one recently where you used their, there and they're in one paragraph and all were incorrect. Blatantly done for effect iyam.

I don't mind that at all btw. Making light of your grammatical failings is fine by me and using them in the wrong place in that instance shows you do know where they shouldn't go.

I just get bored of people still pulling you up on it.

Not bored enough for the length this conversation has gone like ;)

Dear me man just take it on the chin and move on. :)

My very first post on the forum not only has one of the usual spelling mistakes I make but also includes an admission to my poor spelling and grammar.

Get over it or have a go at the few people it bothers.