Sunderland AFC - how do you feel about them?

McFaul

Sunderland AFC your thoughts on them  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might have been for Geordies but not for the rest. The league has always been the greatest trophy, the FA Cup the glamourous one. A prestigious trophy to win, but it's the league title that makes you the best. We hadn't won the cup until 1965 and My Dad was absolutely ecstatic when we finally did but he tells me, as have many other old fellas, they would never swap the title for an FA Cup. I was around in the 70's and you're fooling yourself if you think the FA Cup was more important. It just isn't true. The title was the one to win.

Every club has their boycott times, but some of your attendances have been abysmal.

Look, I know you and McFaul have had your disagreements but for you to say our attendences were abysmal shows your knowledge of our history up to be quite truthful. I'm a bloke who finds people as they meet them. Scousers? Despite some crap on here I've met far more good than bad, whether red or blue. This is actual life experience and not based on the gloryhunters but actual scousers. For all your 'reasonable' attitude you've shown you haven't the fucking slightest idea whatsoever out the history of NUFC, hey! not your fault, it's none of your business, just don't come the daft cunt with your 'abysmal' attendances shit.

I'd love to meet you, have a pint and go into history of football with you as apart from your beloved LFC I think you'd be floundering, (if your NUFC knowledge is anything to go by). Abysmal? You utter fucking loon. Your own Shanks knew what my club was about when he told his protege that if he got it right this was one of the biggest clubs he'd be at.

Fucking Everton averaged a staggering 19,000 mid table the year before Sharp, Gray, Reid et al got them the title. To put that into perspective, the team that finished third in the 2nd division managed just under 30,000 which was a few hundred less than the club that won the league, league cup and fucking holy grail of the European cup! I wonder who that club was????!!!!

I tell you what mate, send me a PM and we'll have a chat as I struggle to imagine a true scouser belittling our standing in history. Yes we've been shit, but to be called abysmal and have our attendances and stature mocked? Fuck right off! I'm guessing your Dad might be no longer longer with us? With all respect to him, the team that won the league were the best, ok, no arguments. However, we're not talking about 'top 40' records or chas and dave. Were talking about an era when finals had kids/football fans swarming round to the local picture house to watch 'Pathe news' and see the final. My old man had a gran, ( who hated him) that had one of the only tellies in 1952 Byker. Every kid wanted to see the cup final, it had kudos, it's as simple as that. It was the THE main thing to win, like it or not.

Guest CabayeAye

Scousers are so odious that one has even managed to hijack a thread on a Toon message board, about the m*ckems, whilst maintaining the knowledge of football expected of a murderer.

Look, I know you and McFaul have had your disagreements but for you to say our attendences were abysmal shows your knowledge of our history up to be quite truthful. I'm a bloke who finds people as they meet them. Scousers? Despite some crap on here I've met far more good than bad, whether red or blue. This is actual life experience and not based on the gloryhunters but actual scousers. For all your 'reasonable' attitude you've shown you haven't the fucking slightest idea whatsoever out the history of NUFC, hey! not your fault, it's none of your business, just don't come the daft cunt with your 'abysmal' attendances shit.

I'd love to meet you, have a pint and go into history of football with you as apart from your beloved LFC I think you'd be floundering, (if your NUFC knowledge is anything to go by). Abysmal? You utter fucking loon. Your own Shanks knew what my club was about when he told his protege that if he got it right this was one of the biggest clubs he'd be at.

Fucking Everton averaged a staggering 19,000 mid table the year before Sharp, Gray, Reid et al got them the title. To put that into perspective, the team that finished third in the 2nd division managed just under 30,000 which was a few hundred less than the club that won the league, league cup and fucking holy grail of the European cup! I wonder who that club was????!!!!

I tell you what mate, send me a PM and we'll have a chat as I struggle to imagine a true scouser belittling our standing in history. Yes we've been shit, but to be called abysmal and have our attendances and stature mocked? Fuck right off! I'm guessing your Dad might be no longer longer with us? With all respect to him, the team that won the league were the best, ok, no arguments. However, we're not talking about 'top 40' records or chas and dave. Were talking about an era when finals had kids/football fans swarming round to the local picture house to watch 'Pathe news' and see the final. My old man had a gran, ( who hated him) that had one of the only tellies in 1952 Byker. Every kid wanted to see the cup final, it had kudos, it's as simple as that. It was the THE main thing to win, like it or not.

Well said the bloke has no got a fucking clue. Lives in a filthy scouse bubble, slagging our attendances off fucking incredible. Our support pisses on any club in world football considering we've won FUCK ALL domestically since 1955. Four generations of people can feel it, yet still we've been in the top 6 best supported clubs for about 50 of the last 65 seasons since the war, show me a comparable club, there isn't one, our support UTTERLY PISSES ALL OVER THE WALL PUSHERS, always has, always will. Many of their own players have even said, Keegan said it as a Liverpool player, Mick Quinn and Terry Mac say it regularly. The bloke has not got a clue, he's a typical scouser, Everton fans are every bit as deluded too if not more so.

My fatha is 85 and he told me years ago that the FA CUP was THE trophy to win before the 60s.You try and name more League winners than FA CUP winners before 1966.

Of course it was, Liverpool didn't win the FA Cup till 1965 though so of course it's not as important. Utter wankers. Obviously mackems are small time wankers, but they're small time wankers without the bindipping arrogance.

Paisley never gave a shit about the FA Cup like. ;)

I'm quite certain being the only manager in the history of football to win 3 European Cups

more than compensated for any trophies he failed to win. ;)

Edited by Pacinofan

Guest CabayeAye

I'm quite certain being the only manager in the history of football to win 3 European Cups

more than compensated for any trophies he failed to win. ;)

Yawn...

Guest CabayeAye

Bob Paisley.3 European Cups .

Fergie 2 Champions Leagues.One when qualifying after finishing 2 nd in the Prem. Paisley.Best British manager for me.

WUM.

Bob Paisley.3 European Cups .

Fergie 2 Champions Leagues.One when qualifying after finishing 2 nd in the Prem. Paisley.Best British manager for me.

im confused, whats this got to do with sunderland?

Most of my time in the north-east is spent in Chester-le-Street these days so I know a fair amount of toon fans and mackems. Not really that arsed about them til it comes round to playing them and, of course, I like to see us finish above them. However, I absolutely love the derby coming round twice a year and so would be disappointed if they went down. A lot of my family who live permanently in the area like to see them do well if they're not playing us. My grandad is the only member of my family who really detested everything about the mackems and would immediately take against people if he found out they were sunderland fans.

Mind you, last time they beat us (only time in about a decade of course) a lot of the mackems I know were just ridiculous. At least with us we know we've got the upper hand and take it in our stride. mackems don't strike me as football fans in the same way that geordies are.

There is a bitterness and resentment regarding everything `Newcastle',whether it's on the pitch or off. That's why I'm SMB.

Fixed