roberto carlos has retired.2nd best ever left back ?

Not in the top 10 best left backs ever, if he didn't have such an amazing left foot in an attacking sense I doubt he'd have had as many caps.

I can think of better British left backs, not your very owun Micky Grayuh tho-ugh!

[edit]Club

Palmeiras

Real Madrid

Fenerbahçe

[edit]Country

Brazil

[edit]Individual

and of course 125 brazil caps

yeh not top 100 at all, fucking idiot

If you want to be pendantic, Real Madrid didnt play a left midfielder when he was in his pomp, he did 2 jobs in one. One of the fastest players ever to put a pair of boots on. The defensive side of his game was almost entirely about using that speed to make up for being out of posistion half the time. So its difficult to say if he's the greatest left back ever, but 3 champions leagues and 4 la ligas with Real Madrid suggests he wasnt a mug.

[edit]Club

Palmeiras

Real Madrid

Fenerbahçe

[edit]Country

Brazil

[edit]Individual

Yeah, but apart from all that, what did the Romans ever do for us?

Guest CabayeAye

[edit]Club

Palmeiras

Real Madrid

Fenerbahçe

[edit]Country

Brazil

[edit]Individual

No need to be rude about it, you fucking prick.

John O'Shea - Manchester United

Premier League (5): 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11

FA Cup (1): 2003–04

Football League Cup (3): 2005–06, 2008–09 2009–10

FA Community Shield (4): 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010

UEFA Champions League (1): 2007–08

FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Roberto Carlos has been a good player, but there have been many better defenders than him in my view. If you're left back your job is to defend, on that basis Ashley Cole is better, but as an overall footballer, Carlos was a good'un, but without doubt in my view, he was no Paolo Maldini and I'd even put the likes of Bixente Lizarazu above him.

remember him in his pomp. 98 -2002 ish. he was a 10.4 second 100metre runner and used to absolutely murder opposition wingers and full backs with his forward runs. hisleft foot was occasionally great but often he used to over hit passes and crosses. defensively he was suspect, but had great recovery speed and athleticism. I think overall he has done the lot, and played in quite a few leagues rather than staying in one place.

remember seeing him vs Mendieta (who was spains best attacking midfielder at the time for valencia) and he made Mendieta look a right mug.

probably the best left wingback i've seen.