Another Shooting in America

The Fish

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Obama says there have been too many of these incidents in recent years: "We are going to have to come together and take meaningful action to stop more incidents like these, regardless of the politics."

Haven't seen the news at all today and not sure I want to now. An unhinged maniac wont kill as many people with a knife, I'm afraid it's as simple as that. Anyway, RIP to those poor souls many just bairns and I don't know how the parents will cope, my heart goes out to them, truly.

Haven't seen the news at all today and not sure I want to now. An unhinged maniac wont kill as many people with a knife, I'm afraid it's as simple as that. Anyway, RIP to those poor souls many just bairns and I don't know how the parents will cope, my heart goes out to them, truly.

By the most bizarre, horrible coincidence, this happened this morning in China

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20723910

Out of order IMO that the media are interviewing the kids involved right in the aftermath of all of this.

I know. One interview asked the questions "And how did you all feel? Were you all afraid? Crying for your parents?". I mean, howay?

Talking about having teachers armed on BBC News ffs.

Aye, it makes me feel ill that people can be that fucking idiotic.

That's the brother right? Yeah, his life is essentially ruined like. Poor bloke... In one fell swoop, lose 3/4s of your immediate family and have half the western world baying for your blood :(

Edited by ADP

Clearly the only solution to a gun problem is more guns.

Then bigger guns and then more bigger guns and on and on.

I have a cracking imagination but I cant reach a point where I understand why someone would do this to primary school kids or where giving everyone guns is said to be a good idea and lawful.

Saying give teachers guns? Someone actually said that out loud? Fucked up.

It's ridiculous. They're looking for any excuse to ignore the actual problem. 'Oh no we need armed teachers, or guards, or mandatory metal detectors on entering.' OR FUCKING GUN LEGISLATION YOU ARSES.

The genie is out of the bottle man, legislation won't help

Gun related deaths have been falling year on year in the US, the dramatic picture above is an old one. 2011 US 8,757 gun deaths (of which 6,009 were handguns)

http://www.guardian....-crime-us-state

17,000 murders in South Africa in 2010 btw

Edited by Toonpack

Saying give teachers guns? Someone actually said that out loud? Fucked up.

Its for the very same reason security companies in norway are against being armed during transports.

The first ones to find out about this is criminals. Robberies are usually quite leisurely when they occur here, the robbers know the guards arent armed so...

By the same reasoning thieves breaking into houses during night know the homeowners have guns in the house in the US, hence they come armed also...

Just look at the traffic cop shows over there, approaching vehicles they pull over with a hand on their gun? Fuck me I dont want to live in a society like that.

Gun related deaths have been falling year on year in the US, the dramatic picture above is an old one. 2011 US 8,757 gun deaths (of which 6,009 were handguns)

Very true, and its worth keeping in mind that the nation was built on the premise of protecting your house with a gun. Its even in their constitution.

So culturally there is alot to be said for liberal gun laws from their point of view, and even though it seems a bit prehistoric there are strong undercurrents supporting the right to carry arms there.

One of the most conservative states even aired a law which entitled you to shoot anyone on your land that YOU felt threatened by :lol:

It didnt pass but still.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

That's a ridiculous position to take. You're essentially saying that there's fuck all that can be done.

Unsurprisingly the statistics show that states with tougher gun control have fewer gun related deaths.

There's more murders in South Africa? Well fuck it then I don't feel disgusted at a nation that allows this to keep happening again and again.

Saying its falling is all well and good. But it's still happening. Who needs a semi automatic gun btw? Not to hunt, not for protection, especially not to plough down people learning their abc. What have the National RIFLE Association said about it? Some complete bullshit I presume? Not that there'll ever be a change. The rest of the Western world will have to look on disgusted as this keeps happening.