Chris Sutton

Kid Dynamite

Gone to Birmingham for free. Why the hell didnt we try to sign him? Its not like him and Shearer cant play together? Hed be perfect cover for Owen for the next 3 months

74543[/snapback]

Him and Shearer would make a shit partnership now.

got to be better than shearer and ameobi up front! I couldnt give 2 shits if they like each other, for £70'000 a week or whatever shearer is on he can friggin deal with it!

74553[/snapback]

Are you forgetting how much better and more mobile both these players were when they last played together about 10 years ago?

got to be better than shearer and ameobi up front! I couldnt give 2 shits if they like each other, for £70'000 a week or whatever shearer is on he can friggin deal with it!

74553[/snapback]

Oh aye, but it's up to Sutton isn't it? If he doesn't like Shearer then you can't really expect him to join a club he's a massive influence at.

Are you forgetting that we have a strike partnership of Shearer and Ameobi for the next 3 months. Andy Cole is showing at Man City that you dont need to be young to bang the goals in, same with Sheringham a couple of years back. Sutton scored more in 1 season at Blackburn than Shola will manage in his whole career! Im not saying he will get us 30 goals, just that hel bag afew while we wait for owen to get back.

Are you forgetting that we have a strike partnership of Shearer and Ameobi for the next 3 months. Andy Cole is showing at Man City that you dont need to be young to bang the goals in, same with Sheringham a couple of years back. Sutton scored more in 1 season at Blackburn than Shola will manage in his whole career! Im not saying he will get us 30 goals, just that hel bag afew while we wait for owen to get back.

74563[/snapback]

I'm not totally disagreeing with that, I'm just saying that he wouldn't want to come here even if Souness did. If I had four options and someone I hated was at one of them then I'd be looking at the other 3 tbh.

Who wants a wager right now that Sutton will get more goals than Shola by the time Owen next steps out on the pitch! I challenge everyone!!!!!!

74569[/snapback]

It'll be claose run thing I reckon with both getting close to fuck all.

Who wants a wager right now that Sutton will get more goals than Shola by the time Owen next steps out on the pitch! I challenge everyone!!!!!!

74569[/snapback]

Fuck all to do with it. The simple answer is he wouldn't outscore Ameobi HERE. At least Birmingham have a bit of pace going forward, and two midfielders who create plenty of opportunities.

I would wager that Ameobi would score more for Birmingham than for us.

who exactly in Birminghams team has pace going forward? n,zogbia and nobby would match any of their team in midfield. The fact is, everyone is whining on saying we are going to get relegated cos 1 player is injured for 10 weeks. a viable option becomes available for free as cover, a player who is proven to score goals in this league, a player who knows his strike partner inside out, yet suddenly hes not good enough for us?

Good enough for what FFS, a team doomed for relegation as far as most of you are concerned. Make your mind up, are we a team set to go down, or a top 6 team who wouldnt let sutton shine their boots? Who else do you suggest we buy like? Cos i seriously wouldnt be surprised if shearer and ameobi didnt score between them for the next 3 months!!!

Chris Sutton was allowed to leave Celtic due to

A - His number of injuries in the last year - hardly what we needed, another striker in the physio room

B - The fact him and Big John Hartson cant play together. Sutton and Larsson was a great partnership due to Larsson being Suttons legs, i really cant see Shearer therefore being an ideal partner for him..

Chris Sutton was allowed to leave Celtic due to

A - His number of injuries in the last year - hardly what we needed, another striker in the physio room

B - The fact him and Big John Hartson cant play together.  Sutton and Larsson was a great partnership due to Larsson being Suttons legs, i really cant see Shearer therefore being an ideal partner for him..

74605[/snapback]

Piggyback? Or did he sit on Larsson's shoulders and wear a really long strip to cover Larsson's head and that. Come to think of it, that's probably what Peter Crouch is up to. :lol:

who exactly in Birminghams team has pace going forward? n,zogbia and nobby would match any of their team in midfield. The fact is, everyone is whining on saying we are going to get relegated cos 1 player is injured for 10 weeks. a viable option becomes available for free as cover, a player who is proven to score goals in this league, a player who knows his strike partner inside out, yet suddenly hes not good enough for us?

Good enough for what FFS, a team doomed for relegation as far as most of you are concerned. Make your mind up, are we a team set to go down, or a top 6 team who wouldnt let sutton shine their boots? Who else do you suggest we buy like? Cos i seriously wouldnt be surprised if shearer and ameobi didnt score between them for the next 3 months!!!

74591[/snapback]

Ever seen Pennant play? How about Gray, Johnson or Kilkenny (all would outpace any of our current midfielders). Even Jarosik has more pace than Solano/Bowyer/Clark/Faye.

Pandiani and Heskey are also both quicker than Shearer :lol:

Sutton failed miserably at Chelsea before going to Celtic. Should we forget that and think about his Norwich/Blackburn form from over 10 years ago?