Tooj

Tooj's Images

Getting the hang of depth of field I see ;)

Works in this shot well to isolate that, well whatever it is.

Getting the hang of depth of field I see ;)

Works in this shot well to isolate that, well whatever it is.

:lol: It's a very out of season apple.

Great shot. Like the shallow DoF making the ball out of focus but shows what he (?) has been up to.

Thanks JawD.

I took a load yesterday and most of them have came out pretty well. Just need to do some post production work on them.

It's a he btw. ;)

Anybody got any tips with regards to processing landscapes similar to the ones I took below? I really tend to struggle when it comes to those. :(

img7125xv.jpg

img7168xo.jpg

Both are really nice shots mate... definitely seeing a huge improvement in your work!

I'd say you got loads of detail in the sky which is great, but the downside is the foreground is a little underexposed as a result. If you open in photoshop and use a levels adjustment layer to boost the midtones a bit it'll look great

Brilliant thanks Andy. :)

The black and white one on this page is probably my favourite one that I've taken.

Good shot, from composition Im not sure if Id have had 1/3 treeline 2/3 depending on if there was more interest in the sky / ground. Sometimes, like here, the rule of 3rds should be broken ;) Id probably have taken the shot a couple of times to see how they came out. Another way is lowering perspective, getting the camera right down on the ground. Ice/Snow is a bitch to get right as if you get any sunlight on it then it blows out and if you drop the exposure it underexposes parts. Dodging/burning can be very handy here. Id also say getting hold of a polarising filter here is handy as you can get rid of some of the reflection.

This is a great shot also to mess with blending layers. Take a bracketed shot, so 3 or so exposures. One exposed for the trees and another for the sky and another for the snow. then blend them together in photoshop.

Thanks Andy. :)

As it was the first time I've done the generic waterfall shot I took it at various different exposures btw and just had a look which one was the best there whilst in Lightoom. So in the end it was taken with ISO 200, 50MM, F/22 and shutter speed of 1 second.

Wasn't far from your neck of the woods actually. ;)

Thanks Andy. :)

As it was the first time I've done the generic waterfall shot I took it at various different exposures btw and just had a look which one was the best there whilst in Lightoom. So in the end it was taken with ISO 200, 50MM, F/22 and shutter speed of 1 second.

Wasn't far from your neck of the woods actually. ;)

Can't say I've ever done a waterfall shot so maybe it something I should actually try someday :)

Where was it taken? Didn't realise there were any waterfalls near mine

Bottom one is an interesting shot... a bit avant garde lol. Not my favourite pic of yours but it's good to see you experimenting.

Top pic is really nice with good use of DOF :)