GIS

2bias

we've a GIS team in work I do the odd bit of code for but i know next to nought about it :)

It's what I do in the Army, Work using mainly ArcGIS and Erdas. I'm interested to know whats out there in civi street GIS wise. Still got my bachelors to finish but gotta look forward lol.

theres about 2-3 "mappers" in a team in our place doing field data for the agricultural industry no idea what they're on cash wise like, i'll have a nosey at the grades on monday could hazard a guess from that.

Cheers that would be cool, Got an good idea like but trying to get a good gage UK wise. When I was Afghan contractors do well over there but then they would lol. What company do you work for out of interest?

2bias, lots of opportunities out there if you know the software mate.

I do know the software.

I'm just looking about for future reference at the moment and was wondering if anyone here worked within the GIS community.

I dont work directly with GIS, I am a Structural Engineer, however we do have GIS data come in on survey stuff we get.

With the speed that BIM (Building Information Modelling) is gathering, and tying that to stuff like GIS with your knoweledge of the GIS software you should be ok. In terms of £ etc I wouldnt know though.

I dont work directly with GIS, I am a Structural Engineer, however we do have GIS data come in on survey stuff we get.

With the speed that BIM (Building Information Modelling) is gathering, and tying that to stuff like GIS with your knoweledge of the GIS software you should be ok. In terms of £ etc I wouldnt know though.

It is interesting because GIS is being used more and more in all areas of industry etc. For me to be honest it's literally a case of knowing whats out there. Being in the army is a good and bad thing especially for me being married, atm being in the army I get paid a decent wage (high 20's) and basically get a semi detached house in Berkshire all in with bills and CILOT for £200 a month so going into the civil GIS world would need to offer a lot. As I said to Ant I could work in Kabul for 5-6K a month tax free but it's in Kabul and I've been there an done that and don't fancy it again.