The Adam Campbell thread

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lush this like.

Totally disagree with CT on leaving young lads on the sidelines to learn. If watching made you a better player I'd be as good as Peter Crouich by now.

Lads like Chopra who showed the same kind of promise early on but got no first team experience at the highest level, instead going to Watford and Barnsley, don't learn what it takes to step up to the next level and fizzle out as average lower league players. Lads like Krul and Carroll who get early exposure end up as club record sales or first team solids.

I agree completely with this, if you want young lads to improve then they need games rather than wasting their career here until being moved on at 22 with a handful of games played.

Edited by Baggio

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-ace-adam-campbell-faces-lengthy-spell-out-1-5126370

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Wednesday 14 November 2012 10:26

ADAM Campbell’s facing several weeks on the sidelines at Newcastle United.

The teenager’s suffered a knee problem, and won’t be involved in next week’s Europa League game against Maritimo at St James’s Park.

The good news is that Campbell, 17, doesn’t need an operation.

However, the striker’s been ordered to rest by the club’s medical team.

“Adam’s injured – he hurt his knee a couple of weeks ago,” United boss Alan Pardew told the Gazette. “It isn’t serious – he just needs rest.”

Campbell, rated highly by Magpies chief Pardew, is one of the Academy’s brightest prospects.

And the England Under-17 international became the youngest player to have represented the club in Europe when he came off the bench in Newcastle’s Europa League qualifier against Atromitos in Athens in late August.

Campbell’s pace and energy was missed on Monday night when Newcastle’s reserves lost 2-1 to Manchester United at Whitley Park.

And reserve-team coach Willie Donachie insists he will only return to action when the club’s medical staff are convinced he’s ready.

Donachie said: “I think it’s going to be a while yet – the physios are being cautious about it, and rightly so.

“He’s going to be a special player if he progresses like we hope.”

n DARLINGTON have signed Newcastle United striker JJ Hooper on loan.

The 19-year-old is in the club’s squad for tonight’s home game against Spennymoor Town.

That's unfortunate. Given that two of our three african strikers are mediocre at best, he might have had the opportunity to get a few minutes in the league to show what he can do.

Come on then I'll bite, which 2 are mediocre? I'm guessing Shola is one, your crusade against the clubs second highest european goal scorer is as blatant as your misery.

Is it Cisse? who scored a shit load last season and scored one of the best goals I've ever seen in my life? Is it him? I just need to be sure, so that I can correctly label your "contributions" in future.

Fuck off sniffer you miserable prick.