The Adam Campbell thread

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else would you call one goal between the two of them in the league so far this season? And it should be none.

I think mediocre is being rather generous and I see no reason to think Campbell wouldn't have had the chance to get on. Could he be any worse?

Beats me why you get your knickers in such a twist.

• 3 months later...

Hardly got a touch either. It was palpable how much everyone in the stadium wanted us to get the ball to him though. He was bobbing and weaving the full time, looked very assured, when he did go on a sprint he looked bloody fast and also looked strong in challenges for someone shorter than Ferguson.

Kept it simple when he did get the ball and involved in the build up to the goal.

Very happy.

I think it will be difficult to fit him into our current formation like. He just looks too small to play that one man up top role so unless he can play wide I can't see him being able to really do much.

He's more of a Plan B at the minute. Say we're winning 1-0 against a good side and Papiss is tiring/having a shitter. Bring on Adam to cause them problems on the break.

I don't think having him on a bit more often, and letting him have his priceless first-team experience, would cause any harm to this season whatsoever. We have nothing to play for other than the UEFA cup, and avoiding relegation which i seriously doubt we're gonna have much trouble doing, so why not develop a star youngster so we could play him more regurarly next season.

Aye, I appreciate he's not at the stage of his development that we'll be expecting to see him replacing anyone in the starting eleven but what I was trying to get at is that I can't really he seeing being able to play that role that Cisse's got now so I would doubt his effectiveness coming on to replace him. Players of that stature really need a partner if they're going to play up top (unless of course they really are an exceptional talent).