The Adam Campbell thread

Monroe Transfer

1 centimetre taller than Messi.

He is in the same weightclass as Defoe, Tevez, Aguero, Silva, Kagawa, Hoilett, Sessegnon, Coutinho to mention few.... it's not a huge problem, lol :P

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is in the same weightclass as Defoe, Tevez, Aguero, Silva, Kagawa, Hoilett, Sessegnon, Coutinho to mention few.... it's not a huge problem, lol :P

Yeah. AND he's taller than Messi.

I think it will be difficult to fit him into our current formation like. He just looks too small to play that one man up top role so unless he can play wide I can't see him being able to really do much.

Tottenham can beat whomever they want with Defoe alone on top, he's smaller than Campbell and not a technical demi-god like Aguero and Messi.

Seen much of Campbell in the reserves then? :lol:

Watched him only on youtube, and we are discussing height, not who has bothered seeing more reserve game matches than the other. Get that foolish grin off your face, you, who thinks watching reserve games gives anything at all.

Watched him only on youtube, and we are discussing height, not who has bothered seeing more reserve game matches than the other. Get that foolish grin off your face, you, who thinks watching reserve games gives anything at all.

Size doesnt count, but exprience does. DK said in his post that If he was as gifted as say a Rooney or Owen that the size thing wouldnt matter too but seeing as he's only made 3(?) appearances off the bench this season then the chances are that he's possibly not considered as in that class, or physically not up to it, or both. At the moment. You comapred him to a very experianced England international. For which I thought you'd have had to have studied his game very closely. Strange as it may seem, I'll go with the NUFC coaching staff on this one rather than you.

I seriously doubt Defoe (or even Owen, who bare in mind was exceptional at that age) played much as a lone striker for their club at 18.

Campbell has an impressive record at junior levels but by the same age Owen was being called the brightest English talent of his generation.

No one's suggesting that Campbell isn't a talent, I'm just saying that given his size (and I'm not just talking about his height, he looked about twelve when he jogged onto the pitch) it's going to be very difficult for him to succeed on his own up front at any time let alone at his age. You don't often see small strikers of any age playing the lone role and there's a good reason for this.

I think Pardew has identified this tbf which is why he came on alongside Cisse rather than replace him yesterday.

I think he looks fairly stocky tbh.

2z5txk5.jpg

v6n7sm.jpg

Look at the size of his forearm and calf, he's definitely not in the Sammy/Ferguson lightweight division any way :lol:

He's a guy who actually looks smaller than he is because he's so damn broad.

I think he's quite well built. Obviously he's short but if we play it right it can work to his advantage. Fairly sure he won a header on Sunday. :lol:

what bastards on .co.uk

The lads first real "piece" and they've chose these 2 pictures.

1st one when he's about 12 and squinting into the sunlight that threatens to incinerate the poor wee ginge any minute

0,,10278~11738167,00.jpg

The second; they put him in the foreground, they choose giants to put in the back ground

0,,10278~11738159,00.jpg

what bastards on .co.uk

The lads first real "piece" and they've chose these 2 pictures.

1st one when he's about 12 and squinting into the sunlight that threatens to incinerate the poor wee ginge any minute

0,,10278~11738167,00.jpg

The second; they put him in the foreground, they choose giants to put in the back ground

0,,10278~11738159,00.jpg

That second photo looks like a shot from Lord of the Rings.